• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

All railway with catenary

Started by plunderer, November 17, 2008, 08:48:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobo77

OH MY GOD!  :o :o :o

It is greater as great....  &apls
Sorry for my bad english....

Fresh Prince of SC4D

Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

nerdly_dood

You really put a lot of effort into this! great job! Sadly, rail catenaries are rare around where I live and I don't see them often elsewhere, so the mod isn't for me - but you put a lot of effort into making this mod, which I appreciate. &apls
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Jonathan

Andreas, I'm guessing that something like the different coloured rail viaducts could be done allowing you to choose the Catenaries.

Now if wires could be included as well that would 10x amazing (I guess you could do a version 2  ;D)

Jonathan

Fresh Prince of SC4D

Quote from: nerdly_dood on November 17, 2008, 01:17:11 PM
You really put a lot of effort into this! great job! Sadly, rail catenaries are rare around where I live and I don't see them often elsewhere, so the mod isn't for me - but you put a lot of effort into making this mod, which I appreciate. &apls

Yeah but those are the reasons why I am downloaded this mod as soon as released!
Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

plunderer

Quote from: Andreas on November 17, 2008, 11:33:43 AM
Heh, I'm speechless - I wanted to do a T21 rail catenary mod since I don't know how long, but time-constraints never allowed me to get past a very, very basic mod that covers the straight and diagonal rail tracks. Now you post pictures of basically the same thing, but nearly completed.  :o  I have dozens of SFBT catenary props that only wait to be applied to all those switches and NAM curves (with proper rotation and such), and now you used those old models by 3ddz... ;)
Hi Andreas
I  used your catenary props in previous version, in fect, I guess your prop are beautiful too, but too high (for under EL piece) and too wide(for bridge and NAM Viaduct rail), and hasn't single side one line prop

Maybe you have new catenary props that I didn't know
If I find  more proper props, I can replace quickly

sim-al2

Pity too, because I love the SFBT Cats too. &mmm Did you enhance your GLR with T21 trees too?
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

plunderer

Quote from: sim-al2 on November 17, 2008, 07:06:16 PM
Pity too, because I love the SFBT Cats too. &mmm Did you enhance your GLR with T21 trees too?
Sure, when I complete the Rail Catenaries mod
the GLR side tree I've been done 80%,  maybe next January can complete, because next month I will go to Shanghai for X'mas and new year  :P

sithlrd98

For your first plugin , I think you knocked this way outta the park!
Quote from: plunderer on November 17, 2008, 10:28:17 AM
actually I took 3 weeks for this mod :P
Man...I'm still working on some T-21 stuff that has taken me a couple of months...I'm in awe!

Jayson

plunderer

Quote from: sithlrd98 on November 17, 2008, 07:49:10 PM
For your first plugin , I think you knocked this way outta the park!Man...I'm still working on some T-21 stuff that has taken me a couple of months...I'm in awe!

Jayson

all the T21's knowledge I learn from the SC4D forum since 1 month ago

So I think you will find the method in SC4D forum

bwatterud

Doesn't the SFBT set has a prop with a single pole placed between the tracks?  If so, they would work well for the bridges, and elevated puzzle pieces. 

Gwail

As I'm the user of Andreas' rail stuff, too, I would suggest to split the mod into 2 packs separately.

First one - for NAM puzzle tiles, second one - for draggable rails. That way I can put only one part of this beautiful mod (for NAM tiles - where you cannot use additional catenary lots) and use SFBT lots elsewhere. It would be very usefull - especially with multiplied rail lines, modular railyards etc.

Really hope it is possible.

Anyway, it is a very good work till now, fully respect :).
My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

plunderer

Quote from: Gwail on November 17, 2008, 11:38:04 PM
As I'm the user of Andreas' rail stuff, too, I would suggest to split the mod into 2 packs separately.

First one - for NAM puzzle tiles, second one - for draggable rails. That way I can put only one part of this beautiful mod (for NAM tiles - where you cannot use additional catenary lots) and use SFBT lots elsewhere. It would be very usefull - especially with multiplied rail lines, modular railyards etc.

Really hope it is possible.

Anyway, it is a very good work till now, fully respect :).
actually I've did it, this mod have two files: zzz_Rail_Catenaries.dat   zzz_NAM_Rail_Catenaries.dat

Gwail

That's really good to read that, plunderer  :thumbsup:. Can you see that banana on my face ;)?
My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

Andreas

Yeah, your screenshot illustrates quite well that those catenaries are not supposed for the rail viaducts. But this is not much of a problem, since Kenworth can render the appropriate props easily. Check your PM box, I sent you a note with some more information. :) BTW, I also tinkered with adding tree props (and catenaries) to the GLR tracks - looks like we had the same idea once again. ;)
Andreas

SimNation

The Mod looks great and all. But I wonder will you be able to get it so that you have rail without the catenaries everywhere? Or is this already going to be something like how the SAM pieces are seperate from the regular road draggable. I ask because I have a lot of freight rail lines and tend not to use catenaries for it other then near loadoff points.

plunderer

Quote from: Andreas on November 18, 2008, 10:29:15 AM
Yeah, your screenshot illustrates quite well that those catenaries are not supposed for the rail viaducts. But this is not much of a problem, since Kenworth can render the appropriate props easily. Check your PM box, I sent you a note with some more information. :) BTW, I also tinkered with adding tree props (and catenaries) to the GLR tracks - looks like we had the same idea once again. ;)

yeah, the GLR side tree I've been done 80%, (70% puzzle piece and 90% draggabel)  but all complete maybe next Jan. or Feb., because next month I will go to Shanghai for X'mas and new year :P

plunderer

Quote from: SimNation on November 18, 2008, 12:24:11 PM
The Mod looks great and all. But I wonder will you be able to get it so that you have rail without the catenaries everywhere? Or is this already going to be something like how the SAM pieces are seperate from the regular road draggable. I ask because I have a lot of freight rail lines and tend not to use catenaries for it other then near loadoff points.
unfortunately, this mod just used the T21 exemplar for SC4 build-in rail and NAM viaducts rail(and more puzzle piece with rail)
so you just can decide use or not

Andreas

Well, you can make the rail catenaries "optional" by installing the mod, drag all railway tracks that should have catenaries, then exit the game, remove the mod, and drag the rest of your tracks afterwards. Like with the street tree mods, the game will only change the placement of the props if you use the building tools on your networks again, and it will only change the tiles that are in a eight tile radius or so. An alternative would be SAM-style puzzle piece add-ons to the regular in-game rail, but maybe it's better to wait for the single track railway (STR) instead, so you can have double-track railways with catenaries and single-track railways without them, as it is common in RL as well.
Andreas

SimNation

QuoteWell, you can make the rail catenaries "optional" by installing the mod, drag all railway tracks that should have catenaries, then exit the game, remove the mod, and drag the rest of your tracks afterwards. Like with the street tree mods, the game will only change the placement of the props if you use the building tools on your networks again, and it will only change the tiles that are in a eight tile radius or so. An alternative would be SAM-style puzzle piece add-ons to the regular in-game rail, but maybe it's better to wait for the single track railway (STR) instead, so you can have double-track railways with catenaries and single-track railways without them, as it is common in RL as well.

Didnt think you could do it like that. Dragging the rails with the file in then taking the file out and dragging the rest and it would keep the catenaries with the rail you dragged while you had the file in. If thats possible then that will be great.