• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Fix for Textured NAM Wide Railway Curves

Started by M4346, April 10, 2014, 02:17:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M4346

If, like me, you love the NAM and the wide railway curves but dislike their lack of base textures:

You may have been using the Wide Railway Curves Textured plugin, only to find that it looks like this with the recent NAM update(s):

The straight section next to the curves (at the bottom) are a bit wonky.

The creator of the mod linked above added the grass texture to these (apparently) 'overhanging' textures which overwrites the proper texture.

I discovered this after many, many, many hours of experimentation  %confuso - and frustration  :angrymore: - last night and this morning.  &idea

What I subsequently did was to delete the unnecessary grass textured textures ( ??? ) and voila:

If you do use these curves, and since they are not my creation to upload a fix of, you can delete the obsolete / unnecessary texture overrides from your original .dat file available at the link above.

The texture IDs are: 53131f20, 5313240a and 5313620a. Be sure to delete all five (different zoom level) instances of it (i.e. 0 - 4 and a - e).

Now my OCD can sleep easy  ()stsfd():

Well, at least until I make a proper matching retexture with the correct 35EA4100 base texture  &sly But that is on my to do list  "$Deal"$ for after our elections (in 27 days)!

NOTE: Numerous searches yielded no results for this fix, but if it has been done before, or is posted elsewhere, I apologise. Also, please move this thread if it is not in the appropriate place
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine