• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AntigOne's Projects: Elsewhere.

Started by Badsim, January 17, 2007, 02:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomvsotis

Quote from: Badsim on November 14, 2016, 07:02:11 AM
Hi Devotion ! ;D

After a 2 years long pause , I'm back ( for some undefined time ... :P ) with a new massive project : Port-Royal .

Damn, these are AMAZING.

Badsim

Thanks for the warm « welcome back » everybody ,  comforting and  motivating . During these last two years I never ceased to browse the 10 pages of « The most recent posts » several times per day ( no need to log in for that ) ... so I didn't miss anything , nor of what you did , nor of what you said . A few years back it needed a single day to fill more than these 10 pages while sometimes during last spring and summer it needed more than a week to fill them ... sad , but we're still an alive community and I know that the main key of SC4 longevity is in the NAM Team achievements , not in « gardeners »'hands like mine , so I want to thank them all for their unparalleled devotion ... AntigOne's project is , maybe or not , one your favorite MD , but If I played this game in 2003 , I'm obviously not playing it anymore since 2004 .  All that I'm doing since with SC4 is  experimental , can't be the standard because , as I'm distorting almost everything , it can't be shared  . Since my very first MMP I never ceased to promote them and if they now rule largely in the community for landscaping and rural environment , when it comes to use them in an urban environment , that's another affair ... because they don't find the necessary free spaces between transit network tiles , buildings and props everywhere on Lots everywhere ... That era has ended for me ! I always wanted to break free and that's done  for good with  Port-Royal : I  spent hours days and weeks to turn buildings to props then to resize OccupantSizes of these hundreds of props ( to 1,1,1 ) , just an example with NBVC's Marina set :

Before ...

... and after :

... are you doubtful ?  ;D You shouldn't  $%Grinno$% :

Before to have a closer look at Port-Royal , one or two little things :

Quote from: CT14 on November 14, 2016, 01:51:42 PM
Quote from: art128 on November 14, 2016, 07:13:11 AM
Also I am not sure if the hole being a texture is the best, as it would be good looking only from one angle.

It's 3D sidewalk chalk art or street paintings, meant to look correct from one angle. I had wondered if it would translate well to BAT but here we are!

Amazing work, all of it!

Seems that you nailed it ! :thumbsup: ... 3D street art indeed Arthur , and if you look at it enough closely , you'll recognise the artist still lying and finishing his work . Well , it was a first attempt , now let us see what can be done with that masterpiece :

Texture created with Photoshop ; lasso , eraser , place , merge visible layers ... nothing complicated , then integrated  with SC4Tool , and now under LotEditor :

And finally ingame :

Not so bad I think ... of course with a 128x128 pixels texture , a lot of details are lost , but considering the distance we are supposed to look at it ... we aren't eagles . $%Grinno$%

Now a little example  about how I rework everything with that other masterpiece from Vnaoned : Ar-men lighthouse . Picture of the original one  :

Its construction near the famously dangerous  Ile de Sein took 14 years and we can easily understand why .

A closer look to its ingame aspect ...

Beautiful but rather bare , isn't ? I opened LotEditor ( Yes I'm using PIMx for a lot of tasks  but nothing's better than that familiar old friend for Lot editing ... ::) ) . Here we go :

1 -  I added waves effect with that native effect : goldengate_wash , four props , one for each direction .

2 - I added seagulls effect created by Xannepan , 3 times :

3- I added dolphins effect created by Xannepan too , twice :

At this moment you could wonder why I don't simply use Xannepan's Lots ? ...  well because each time that a boat automata runs into an underwater Lot , it vanishes ... so the less they are , the better it is for your automata ...

4 - Speaking about boats automata , that's now time to generate them with that native effect : boats_recreational_large :

5- Finally  I added light beams with that other native effect : ARW1x1x1_lightbeam , one for each opposite direction then doubled to be more efficient with Simfox's darknite Mod ...

That's something else now :

And while we are strolling on the dyke ...

As you can see , Noah ,  I've started to use Red's HD props ( Never enough HD props !  &mmm ) ...

Back in  Port-Royal :

Just one winter view , that's when I'm using MMPs to be sure to do not forget any nook as said mgb ...

Planned  next :

No picture of new textures created this time , better have a look at another work of mine ; props extraction from automata :

More to come , even if  I dislike that boring task , even if they don't display shadow properly , even If I haven't found the proper Modding to build a MMP with them ... as they aren't classical props , a rotation property must be added and they display their shadow ( so their bug) even with the  property Is Ground Model set to false ...

Last notes :

I'm fortunate to have a few Vnaoned's BATs in my hand and even if the guy looks retired for years , I hope to do justice to them with that project ... with Antoine , we study the possibility to upload them as a prop pack for Loters , originally they're W2W but Vincent used to BAT everything with it's own scale ( based on a 16m large street ) to recreate his own real city ( Nantes) so for a public release they need to be resized to 0.8 and so they aren't W2W anymore ...

Thanks to Girafe for giving me a chance to test his Canary Date Palms ...  Antoine , don't they look better here than in your own thread ? They found their way ... Hey wait a minute , seems that you just updated them ... well , there're hundreds of palm species , but I'm surrounded by Canary date palms where I live and indeed they're a bit darker than yours , I re-Moded the MMP so check your mail box tomorrow . :thumbsup:

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

_Michael

My god.
That is some fantastic work. I do hope you'll consider releasing some of these things - especially the road and bus park lots. They look truly fantastic.
Question - that cinema is a really nice BAT. Do you have a link?
Thanks

tomvsotis

Quote from: Badsim on November 26, 2016, 04:21:07 AM

... I  spent hours days and weeks to turn buildings to props then to resize OccupantSizes of these hundreds of props ( to 1,1,1 ) ...

Ah, so THAT's how you do it!

Girafe

What an awsome update and a massive project &apls &apls &apls

It looks so real and lifely  ;)

And this road texture with cobblestones is amazing (I would love to see it modded and used as a SAM variant  ::))

I quite like how the palms integrate into the scene, however I will follow your advice and tweak them 5 degrees darker and
bluer.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19293845/Canary%20date%20palms%20v2.rar

Did you rescale my cars? I notice a big quality difference between the carpack vol. 1 & 2 and the carpack vol. 3, I am thinking to re export the old cars with the Arch & Design metallic paint which makes the model much more realistic (it's huge work but might be worth).

These flags look obsolete  $%#Ninj2, I worked a little bit on something tonight, let me know if you would like some models, and which countries (as I have an animated flag, it will render different positions, which is actually really nice)  :P

Will fix this black shadow at the bottom of the pole

Keep inspiring the community  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

vester

Great to see you back C.

.... and what a show you are putting on  :thumbsup:

This theatre where is it to be found ?

Badsim

Arne and michae95l , you're requesting both about the same BAT : Gaumont Cinema of Nantes ... Gaumont is a french cinema company ( since 1895 so the first and oldest film company in the world ) . This a part of what I was speaking about on my previous post : the few Vnaoned's BATs I've got in my hands and which , I think , should be uploaded on the LEX at least as a prop pack because even if Girafe started to Mod some of Vincent's BAT , nor him nor me are ready to Mod and LotEdit them all :

Village set ,

Nantes set ,

This is a tiny part of all Vincet has BATed ... this guy is the most incredibly creator of the whole SC4 community especially as in the same time he never shows his work himself  , that's the most incredible waste that you can image , and if you haven't enough imagination , ladies and gentleman , just a picture from him recreating from scratch his own city Nantes :

Full size , I can't resign myself to reduce the size of that picture  from 2011 . :'(

Antoine , I've re-adresses the new Models to the previous ones so I haven't had to change anything , just launch the game ... et voilà !

So we can compare with your other trees ( Parasol pines , chesnut ) and Xannepan's plane trees ( from Quai de Seine set so always offset X , Y, and sometimes Z ... so that's a true pain in the ass to place them ! )

They're perfect !  &apls &apls &apls

Of course an HD ( and with random shapes suggesting the wind isn't blowing the same way everywhere at the same time ) flags set from you would be welcome and perfect ... the problem for me is that they currently are lined up in diagonal on 3 different and ample Lots ... means of lot of MMP works lost , but , I'm ready to ... I took example to my own seaside resort displaying permanently the 28 countries  flags of U.E so ... you know what you have to do ... Plus , I'm a convinced U.E. construction partisan and we are slowly but surely becoming in minority  , and more generally the entire world becomes withdrawn -  for sure not there ! No please , not there ! %confuso

About the cars ... if I remember well ( I don't note anything on paper and I should !  :thumbsdown: ) all 3 set have been resized before their release on the STEX , but most probably  I resized more the 2 first ones than the third ... anyway that would be a good point to re-export them if you can and if you want , I'll take part with the Moding task ... and I'm pretty sure some people would kill their ... dog or cat to get them ! :D

Antoine, ah la la   ::) ... je me demande si l'on a toujours pleinement conscience de ce que l'on est en train de faire !  $%Grinno$% Donnes-moi RDV sur le chat VIP.

Cédric

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

belfastsocrates

Such magnificence! An expert class in lot editing and MMP work

My goodness that Nantes image is superb. Is any of that available? The quay walls are superb
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

mgb204

We are spoiled with another wonderful update so soon. I'm particularly glad you took the time to explain how some of this is put together. As usual your work provides many sources of inspiration to improve my game.

Quote from: Badsim on November 26, 2016, 04:21:07 AM
More to come , even if  I dislike that boring task , even if they don't display shadow properly , even If I haven't found the proper Modding to build a MMP with them ... as they aren't classical props , a rotation property must be added and they display their shadow ( so their bug) even with the  property Is Ground Model set to false ...

I'm quite certain you can't MMP True 3D models like this. I spent a long time trying, I just don't think RKT0 models can be made to work as flora :(. Whilst the shadows don't usually work, it is possible to remove  them altogether. Not ideal, but perhaps better than keeping glitchy shadows. It requires a small modification to the S3D model to remove the shadow textures. If you need some help doing this, please feel free to get in touch :).

_Michael

I really would like to see those props released - I'd love to get them in game. And that Nantes recreation is truly superb - I love the sidewalk texture and the quays. And so much life to your cities! Those custom street lots especially. They could work really well in so many different cities.

matias93

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

art128

I did not know of this kind of street art.. Interesting. Well although there certainly is some quality loss from the reduction to 128px it still looks quite nice.
Absolutely great work on that city. The occupant size truly is our worse enemy. :D
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

noahclem

Holy crap, if one looks away for a little bit he'll miss a whole bunch of greatness over here  :o  First, those vnaoned unreleased bats look stunning! I'm extremely eager to get my hands on them and expect them to make a huge and positive change to my city center and the historic district in the center. I've long been a huge fan of his; he's probably my first go-to prop guy, though Antoine (who would be first if we included flora props) and namspopof are pretty high up the list as well. I love his buildings but most fit toward the village end of things and don't fit too well in urban centers of larger towns. Those, combined with RDQ's prop pack and my ambition to re-render many of xannepan's bats in HD, could work wonders for me. These are truly stunning bats that will make a huge impact on my city building. Prop pack release sounds great to me and I can lot them in as needed.

Love the pavement art and that could be something worth uploading if you're inclined. Why did you put it on a 128px texture though, rather than 256px? While it looks great now the additional detail in zoom6 could be well worth it.

Good that you mentioned occupant size as well. Those seawalls have given me tons of trouble with MMPs that would really benefit their area. Should do the same for my walls....

Your city is just about breath-taking--really turning out excellently  &apls  Love the night views, the street scapes full of people and traffic, and the shorelines. What walls are those you're using in the third picture of the last update? Looks great.

Always a pleasure to see something new here--especially if it's two new things :D

Tyberius06

Wow! It's amazing! :) Both your works and the Nantes picture. That seawall... I can't find the words.
I also would like those building props. :)  :thumbsup: &apls &apls
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

compdude787

Those look like awesome new buildings!! :thumbsup:
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Gugu3

gorgeous looking buildings!

kbieniu7

Oh, Mon Dieu  :o

That's great to see you back there, with your stunning work!  &apls All the previous commenters said everything, what could I add? I feel like I'm back to France, the entire atmosphere of narrow streets, full of pedestrians, cars, stands, sculptures, spherical blocks preventing cars to park on sidewalks and the flags. I remember it was quite popular in French towns, especially these with lot of tourists, there were flags at least of other EU countries. However, some of them were hanged up-side down... :D
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Kergelen

A pleasant surprise to see you back with your unique and innovative creations :)  &apls

Links to SC4 websites

Themistokles

Will go to China to fetch my jaw. I think it fell all the way through.

&idea Then I'll go to Nantes.
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

manga rivotra

Being an admirer among thousands of others, I would just like to say Thanks you for all you have accomplished with this MD.  :thumbsup:
For me, it is not only the most beautiful, but also the most instructive I have read. And each of your experiences has probably directly (or through the VIP team) help to improve this game.
So it's great news to see a new and already fabulous project here!  :popcorn: