• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

How to make a Multi-RHW with RHW 4.0

Started by Haljackey, October 03, 2008, 07:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haljackey

The bulk of this tutorial is found on the Multi lane RHW (Rural Highway) Guide & Thread over at Simtropolis. http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/topic/14874-multi-lane-rhw-rural-highway-guide-thread

Over the past little bit, there seems to be some confusion with setting up this format using version 2.0.  This simple tutorial should help those who are having difficulties. 
-If you have any questions about the format or this guide, please feel free to post below or send me a PM.

Basic Multi-RHW setup:

For simplicity purposes, I will construct a Multi-RHW 8 (the standard Multi-RHW) with a 1 tile median.  This will show the differences between the direction the networks are pointing.

1.  Select the RHW starter piece from the highways menu.

2.  Place the starter pieces side-by side.  (or however you choose)

3.  Place the starter pieces for the opposing direction.  You don't have to leave a median if you don't want to.

4.  Select the RHW drag tool.  Drag the RHW from the starter piece in either or both directions, as long as you see fit.

5.  Delete the starter pieces.

6.  Drag the RHW tool over the remains of the starter pieces.

And you're done!  Voila, a fully-functional Multi-RHW! 

Here's an example of the finished product, with eyecandy added.  The Multi-RHW can be expandable to 10 lanes as the top right of the picture displays.  However, this takes up yet another tile on each side.

And here is the Multi-RHW used with the Modular Interchange System (MIS) to create a Parclo A-4 interchange.  Notice that only the collector (outer) lanes are interchanged while the express (inner) lanes merely pass through the interchange.

Although this creates 8 lanes (or possibly more) in each direction, the networks are still separate RHW-4s, and must be linked together to work properly. A Multi-RHW is a great way to make a collector/express system in SC4 that many real life highways use.

I hope you found this tutorial useful!  Have fun making Multi-RHWs!

Best,
-Haljackey

Haljackey

Just to let everyone know, this guide will be fully compatible with RHW 3.0 when it comes out.

I will also make the appropriate name change to this thread when that time comes.

Best,
-Haljackey

BigSlark

Aw come on, haljackey, you could at least give a hint about the possibility of wider multi-RHW's, if they really do exist, that is... :D

Cheers,
Kevin

Dexist

is that an aphalt texture or somthing like that?
because in that last picture(overview of intersection)
you rhw have a more realistic color then mine.

MandelSoft

That's SA RHW textures for the RHW 2.0, which are incompatible with the new RHW.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

JDOG4545

where can i dowload the 6 8 and 10 lane RHW?

WC_EEND

on the LEX ;), look for "Rural Highway Mod" (Requires Network Addon Mod, or NAM in short)

EDIT: forgot to mention that the LEX requires a seperate registration
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

JDOG4545

Quote from: WC_EEND on November 26, 2009, 08:54:05 AM
on the LEX ;), look for "Rural Highway Mod" (Requires Network Addon Mod, or NAM in short)

EDIT: forgot to mention that the LEX requires a seperate registration
ok, thanks ()stsfd()

Haljackey

Quote from: Haljackey on November 24, 2008, 01:55:59 PM
Just to let everyone know, this guide will be fully compatible with RHW 3.0 when it comes out.

I will also make the appropriate name change to this thread when that time comes.

Best,
-Haljackey

...And the same holds true with RHW 4.0. The method of constructing multi-RHWs remains virtually the same. All the new additions to the mod will certainly add to the concept, especially Flexfly and enhanced connectivity.

If you have any questions about the guide, or Multi-RHWs in general, feel free to ask them here.

emgmod

Hal told me to post this example of a basketweave here. A basketweave allows for collector and express traffic to switch between each other. Click for full size.

Haljackey

That's a nice basketweave design, emgmod!

Here's my take on a transfer:

Click on the image for full size (1920x4336)

And here's a compact concept from McDuell.

Click on the image for full size (1920x712)

Hopefully these examples help out those who are not really sure how to interconnect their multi-RHWs.
-I plan to have a tutorial of how to make a simple transfer in the RHW Interchange Guide sometime in the near future.

rdrdrdrd

i just connect the two rhw 4's into one rhw 8 and back again after a while, it accomplishes the same thing

Blue Lightning

It does, but it invites the issue of weaving, which unless the stretch is like at least a mile long, is a big no-no.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

travismking

hehe youve never seen I-83 merge with I-695 north of baltimore then, the roads share the same road and traffic weaves back and forth over the mile or so that the roads share, its an example of really poor traffic planning ;)

its not really a collector/express, but the roads come together for a little less than a mile, two major expressways never understood what they were thinking here, especially since when this was built it was all farms and trees around here so right of way shouldnt have been a problem ...

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.418823,-76.653242&spn=0.023141,0.038581&z=15