• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

POST HERE If you cannot access the LEX

Started by jeronij, January 20, 2007, 02:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy_CAI

hey guys, i am new here  ;D and have been trying to register to the LEX site... but the captcha doesn't show up..if anyone can tell me how to get past it, it would help a lot ...thanks  :thumbsup:

Tarkus

While the forums have a CAPTCHA, the LEX does not appear to have on on the registration, at least as far as I can tell (without opening another account myself).  If you are seeing (an invisible) one after the main form, that's likely something that'll require the LEX's developer, CasperVg, to fix, as I don't see a way of modifying it in the Admin panel on the LEX. 

-Alex

Kitsune

Lex appears to use captcha v1, which has been shutdown.
~ NAM Team Member

Andy_CAI

thanks for the answers, and yeah it looks like until the captcha gets upgraded i will not be able to register to LEX, i'll check regularly until it gets fixed :)...thanks again anyways :thumbsup:

Tarkus

An official announcement with more information on the current situation can be found here.

-Alex

tacticalrooster2

Hello, I just registered today and cannot register for the LEX.  I have not received an activation email yet, and it seems like many people have had this issue.

My username is tacticalrooster2, same as this one, if you need to activate the account manually.

Thank you!

Tarkus

tacticalrooster2, welcome to SC4D!  I've just manually activated your account, so you should be able to get onto the LEX now.

-Alex

tacticalrooster2

Quote from: Tarkus on April 20, 2018, 04:45:18 AM
tacticalrooster2, welcome to SC4D!  I've just manually activated your account, so you should be able to get onto the LEX now.

-Alex

Thank you, I can log in now!

Lady Silverwolf

I too attempted to register, when the captcha was down, and there was a manual fix put into place. I keep checking, but it seems the activation email was never sent for accessing LEX.

user name is ladysilverwolf

Please let me know if you need any other details.
Thanks in advance.

Tarkus

Welcome to SC4D, Lady Silverwolf! :thumbsup:  I was able to locate your LEX account in the system, and have now manually activated it.

-Alex

Lady Silverwolf

Thanks for the quick reply.

Was able to log in, thank you very much.

And thanks for the warm welcome. :D

tmdercksen

I register sc4 LEX a while ago but I have forgotten my password. I tried to reset it a couple times but I never received the reset password mail..
Can you help me reset my account? Username = thom . If you need anything else just let me know. Thanks in advance.

Tarkus

Apologies for the slow response back . . . took quite a bit of digging, but I did manage to find the Thom account.  Check your Private Messages box for more details.

-Alex

cayberb112

cant register lex i try to more but cant registered  ()what() ()what() ()what() ()what()

Tarkus

Hi cayberb112-

Welcome to SC4 Devotion!  I did manage to find your account sitting on the LEX database, and have manually activated it.  It should work now--let me know if you encounter any further issues trying to get onto the LEX.  Hope you enjoy the site!

-Alex

martintallon

There was a server outage a few days ago, At least on my end, the only inaccessible site was SC4. Since then my download list won't show up and my Downloader X won't connect. I can get files 1 at a time but can't get files in bulk. Is it a bug in the server? I've reinstalled everything on my end but no change.

Thanks
From the book "Footfall"
Necessity isn't the mother of invention, the scifi writer is. Someone reads a book and says I can make that work and they do it.

tigerbuilder

Hi Tarkus,

I used the "forgot password" process for the LEX. However, the temp password emailed does not allow me to log in. Perhaps you can help me. My username is the same.

Thank you for all you do in the community

Tarkus

Quote from: martintallon on July 20, 2018, 06:45:41 PM
There was a server outage a few days ago, At least on my end, the only inaccessible site was SC4. Since then my download list won't show up and my Downloader X won't connect. I can get files 1 at a time but can't get files in bulk. Is it a bug in the server? I've reinstalled everything on my end but no change.

Thanks

Unfortunately, LEX Downloader X is a bit out of my purview.  There have been quite a few structural changes to the LEX since your post, as a result of Casper's security upgrades to the exchange, so I'd give it another shot now, to see what happens.  If it still doesn't work, I can't really guarantee when it might be operational again, as the security upgrades are ongoing and take priority.

Quote from: tigerbuilder on August 03, 2018, 07:53:37 AM
Hi Tarkus,

I used the "forgot password" process for the LEX. However, the temp password emailed does not allow me to log in. Perhaps you can help me. My username is the same.

Thank you for all you do in the community

Just sent you a PM with details. :thumbsup:

-Alex

InfiniteWorld

Can't enter into my account, says Your account has an unknown status. Please contact a SC4D administrator to rectify this.

Haven't played simcity 4 in a while so this is probably to be expected.

Unsure of username and password. I know the email I used, when I tried to use forgot password using email, never got anything. Can't make new account either.

Tarkus

Infinite World, I've just dropped you a PM with details, but you should be clear to create a new account now.

-Alex