• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

True Earth

Started by korver, May 04, 2016, 08:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reddonquixote

Another beautiful set of artworks. Agreed, the plantations are particularly nice  &apls &apls
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

mattb325

Those rice paddies and plantations are especially well done...it must have taken a fair bit of time  &apls

art128

Pretty awesome work on this rendition of Japan. It looks fabulous. The Shibuya crossing picture is one of the best creation I have ever seen since I started playing this game.

Shinjuku is well done too.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

kbieniu7

What could I say beside "it's awesome"! It's hard to find any, beause that' how it looks like! Like always! ;)

My favourite photo is from Shibuya. To be honest, I have never been a fan of Japan, I didn't know much about it. But, as I watch from time to time some vlogs at YT, there is one very popular Polish youtuber who lives in Tokio, in Shibuya... and thank's to his movies, there's a one place among your photos that I could, at least virtually, "recognize" ;)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Badsim

Stunning update ...  &apls &apls &apls   Rice paddies and tea plantations show MMP work at its finest level ( are you , besides , a drawer ?  ::) ) and Shibuya intersection gave me the urge to look at Baraka movie ( Ron Fricke , 1992 ) once more , fortunately I've got the DVD so I can look at it when I can't bear the world anymore , just watching at it just through my little ant perimeter and depressing daily TV news ... Your pictures aren't only technically striking , they're nurturing ( Not sure of that translation for Bienfaisant in french  ()what() ) . Thank you . :thumbsup:

C.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

korver

- UPDATE 67: Pacific Islands -

Today, we'll be taking a tour across the Pacific Ocean - exploring some of its most beautiful landscapes, villages, landmarks and more. We begin in Hawaii, where we'll be taking a look at one of the Pacific's most stunning natural wonders - the Nā Pali Coast. Stretching fifteen miles long, these rugged cliffs dramatically rise nearly 4,000 feet above the ocean, making for an unforgettable sight.

Coastal waterfalls dot the shorelines, and can be quite the stunning scene - especially after a heavy rainfall.

We make our way a couple thousand miles East for our next stop - Ecuador's Galapagos Islands. This remote and isolated chain of islands is widely known for their amazing diversity, with many species found no where else on earth. Pinnacle Rock, located on Bartolome Island, is the islands' most recognizable landmark - formed by an underwater volcanic explosion, wind and erosion over time has given it a distinctive "shark tooth" look.

Futher South is the Pacific's most mysterious landmark - the Moai of Chile's Easter Island. No one knows for sure how they were constructed, but it's believed that they were built to honor deceased ancestors and to protect the locals from invaders. Special thanks to Simmer2 for sending me the models!

Travel a couple thousand miles West and you'll find one of the Pacific's smallest yet most beautiful capitals - Adamstown, located in the Pitcairn Islands. There's a simple beauty here - from the car-less streets, to the Norfolk pines that flank the hillsides, and to the great South Pacific sunsets - it's certainly worth a visit.

Kiribati is our next destination - this low lying island republic stretches some 3,000 miles east to west, and contains plenty of uninhibited islands - which despite their beauty, are in danger of being washed away by rising seas.

Our next stop is Tahiti's Bora Bora, one of the Pacific's most iconic atolls. With extremely shallow waters surrounding the entire atoll, it gave the locals the chance to build numerous resorts and huts right on top of the water, giving unmatched views for anyone staying the night.

Bora Bora is truly incredible from above.

We travel further West, stopping in New Caledonia to visit Nouméa's striking Jean-Marie Tjibaou Cultural Centre. Since its opening in June 1998, it's been one of the region's most important and popular landmarks, celebrating the local Kanak culture.

Our tour wraps up with a visit to one of the Pacific's most unique villages - Fiji's Navala Village. This 200 year old village is known for its traditional housing - with nearly 1,000 people living in it's many bures, or thatched roof houses. Nestled in the heart of rural Fiji with a stunning mountain backdrop as well - it's truly one of the Pacific's most picturesque locations.

-korver

---

Replies

reddonquixote: Thanks for the kind words, glad you're enjoying the pictures :thumbsup:

mattb325: Thank you very much for the nice comment :)

art128: Thanks for the high praise, glad you liked it :thumbsup:

kbieniu7: Thank you very much for the comment! I found it in a similar fashion, on a YT video one night - and I was truly amazed. I just had to bring it into the world of SC4 :) Glad you enjoyed it!

Badsim: Thank you very much for the nice words! Glad you enjoyed the MMPing and Shibuya scene - I used to be a big drawer, and still do from time to time, atleast when my SC4 schedule allows for it :P I haven't seen Baraka, but it looks extremely fascinating - I'll have to check it out some time ;)

Ehanson

Stunning work as always! &apls And with winter's cold grip still holding on into Spring (at least here in Chicago) watching a travel show called Globe Trekker the other day run a special on the Carribean and now your pictures of the South Pacific make I'm about ready to book a flight to a warm tropical island.

mattb325

My gosh, you've nailed Bora Bora. I expect google earth will come knocking soon asking for their pictures back  :thumbsup:

Simmer2

________________________________________________________________________________

PaPa-J

I have been a member since 2009.  I have never been a steady member, I come and I go.  Real life shows up and I can't spend as much time with the game like I would like or I just loose interest and I don't come around.  I have never really looked at the MD's very much, don't know why, just never sparked my interest I guess.

Anyway, I was board yesterday and I entered the MD area and came across your thread and boy did my chin drop.  I had to start at the beginning so I could take in everything. Just finished tonight.  The work you do is so amazing. I can't even begin to understand how you do what you do with the game and PS.  I thought for a while that maybe I should just stick to the child boards and leave this to the masters. I thought better of it.  LOL

All I can say is, you are truly a master.  I am in awe.
&apls
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

noahclem

Just had a chance to catch up on the last few months and, if it's even possible, I was pleasantly surprised. While perhaps not as massive and challenging as some of the other projects (good God, that New York, which has always been something of a SimCity holy grail, is incredibly impressive) but I thought it captured the feel of downtown Chicago so well that I remembered how it felt to be there and somehow got the unique vibe of the city from it. I worked for a while at the old Mercantile exchange, sometimes literally in the shadow of the Willis Tower and have generally fond memories of the city--though I don't think I'd want to live in a city more than 30% that size ever again  $%Grinno$%  The landscapes and rural scenes set a gold standard for what's possible in that area and your usage of MMPs is inspired. I'm curious how you made those nice looking streets in Sydney--texture mod or lots? Whatever it is it looks great  &apls

manga rivotra

As always, I absolutely love everything.  &apls &apls &apls
What to say, your distant reefs especially are breathtakingly realistic and just so beautiful!  :o
I do not even dare to imagine the time you had to place all these MMPs of reefs and rock underwater so accurately and intelligently.
As for the last mosaic, what amazes me the most beyond the gardens totally "off grid", it is the quality of the texture of the river and the placement of the rocks and other gravels delimiting the riverbed: that's all simply splendid!
And besides, I discovered the history of the island of Pitcairn.
So, a big thank you for this great journey!  :thumbsup:

Seaman

I really want to climb into my monitor and into your pictures to stay a couple of weeks on these islands!  :)

Akallan

Beautiful, all this makes you want to be on vacation! :popcorn:
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

reddonquixote

More spectacular scenes.. I think my favourite is the atoll... very cleverly well done  &apls &apls &apls
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

vinlabsc3k

As always your works are stunning!! &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls
I can't believe that these images are from SimCity 4! :o
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

korver

Replies

Ehanson - Thanks for the comment! It was actually snowing here over the last couple of days - and I definitely had the same thought ;)

mattb325 - Thanks for the comment, glad you liked Bora Bora :thumbsup:

feyss - Thank you! ;D

Simmer2 - :thumbsup:

PaPa-J - Thanks for stopping by! It always means a lot when I hear from people who aren't as active on the site - so I'm really glad you liked the updates, and hopefully there will be much more to come down the road :)

manga rivotra - Thank you very much! These were some of my trickier MMP scenes and it required a lot of precision (and re-dos) - so I'm glad you like the final product :)

noahclem Thanks for the nice words - glad you've been enjoying the updates :thumbsup: I've always loved Chicago's skyline, it's one of my personal favorites and has such a unique vibe as you mentioned - so I'm glad you liked it. I've been giving some serious thought to a dedicated Chicago update down the road as well, so stay tuned ;) As for the road textures, they're pretty much a whole bunch of lots I made with textures - if you're interested, I uploaded the texture pack here.

Seaman - Thanks, glad you enjoyed the pictures! ;D

Akallan - I thought the same thing while working on the update :P Thanks for the comment!

reddonquxiote - Thanks for the nice words, glad you enjoyed the atoll!

vinlabsc3k - Thank you very much for the comment :thumbsup:

korver

- UPDATE 68: Lagos (Preview) -

For our next destination, we're taking a trip to Africa and visiting the continent's largest city - Lagos. We'll be taking a look at some of the city's most crowded markets, iconic landmarks, and even a glimpse into the future to see new developments on the city's Atlantic shoreline. It's one of my most ambitious custom lotting projects yet, and the full update is just about done - but in the meantime, here's a little preview of what's to come :)

Lagos is home to some of the world's most crowded streets - and it gets especially busy near its famous Idumota Market, where you could be stuck in traffic for hours behind countless yellow Danfos buses.

A view of Downtown Lagos.

-korver

fantozzi

I discovered a pig!

A ... and a Mercedes SL 300.

What a great composition of ambient light and colours, what a stunning richness of details, what a mess in the streets.

Wonderful work on the water.

Makes me think Lagos could need some prop pox to solve infrastructural problems.