• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smoncrie

Unassigned, I have checked the NAM bridges for ferry traffic.

The following NAM bridges do NOT block ferry traffic:

Akashi Kaikyo Ground Highway
GLR Elevated Rail
GHSR Monorail
HSR Monorail
Metal Arch Rail
Metal Pylon Rail
Modern Rail
Old Road
Rural Rail
Rural Street

CSX Kwanyoni Road blocks ferry traffic by design.

The following NAM bridges incorrectly block ferry traffic:

Dusktrooper Road
Garabit Rail (both versions)
Garabit Green Rail (both versions)
JRJ Warzone Rail
Krummbach Road
Millau Viaduct Avenue
TS Wooden Covered Road
TsingMa Elevated Highway

I have fixes for these bridges, but it may be awhile before they are updated in the LEX.

Unassigned

smoncrie, thank you for testing these bridges for me  ;)

Contrary to your test results, I still have the ferry issue with the Metal Arch Rail bridge. That is the one I wanted to build, so it has been thoroughly tested in my scenario and the issue occurred in each & every test I did. Any suggestions as to why?

Fixes sound good. Do you need a tester for them fixes?   ;)
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

smoncrie

I did some more tests on the Metal Arch Rail Bridge.  I found that it allowed ferry traffic if it was bit higher than the minimum height where is says ferries are OK.  I also found that for some bridge lengths there are gaps in the arches, but that is not something I can fix without additional bridge models.

Thanks for offering, but I do not need a tester.

Unassigned

If I remember correctly, gaps in the arches occur if the length of the bridge (in tiles) is not a multiple of 4.

Will try and raise my bridge access ramps a bit more, then.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

enncore

Hi i downloaded the NAM april and the nam april essentials.

But the avanue pieces wont show up? I can make roud roundabouts, and one way road roundabouts.. but avanue roundabouts, Y stacks etc will not show up? I only keep seeing a empty red arrow.. and when i push the tab key it results in nothing..??

Did I do someting wrong? ore did I forget something to download, ore is there some files missing?

Greetings Harry

Tarkus

enncore, seems like you have the old Red Arrow Bug . . . the only thing that can cause that is outdated "high-level" transit plugins (RUL-based ones) being left in your Plugins, likely loading after your NAM folder.  Make sure you don't have a DatPacked NAM, or any other outdated Plugins lying around--you can use BSC Cleanitol and the included NAM Cleanitol List (in the NAM download) before reinstalling the NAM, and it will automatically delete the conflicting stuff.

Hope that helps!

-Alex (Tarkus)

Edit:  For more info, check out the new NAM FAQ.

ed2

hi
having some problems with the newest NAM
i build a kick rear GLR network but noone uses it
all the stations say 0% for like 25 years and i cant drive a train on it
no automata
nothing
same issue with the monorail and regular elevated rail
any ideas what is wrong?
i am using SC4 deluxe with update

Slight language edit.  -Alex

enncore

Quote from: Tarkus on June 26, 2008, 12:57:47 PM
enncore, seems like you have the old Red Arrow Bug . . . the only thing that can cause that is outdated "high-level" transit plugins (RUL-based ones) being left in your Plugins, likely loading after your NAM folder.  Make sure you don't have a DatPacked NAM, or any other outdated Plugins lying around--you can use BSC Cleanitol and the included NAM Cleanitol List (in the NAM download) before reinstalling the NAM, and it will automatically delete the conflicting stuff.

Hope that helps!

-Alex (Tarkus)

Edit:  For more info, check out the new NAM FAQ.

A BIG THANKS TO YOU MY FRIEND.  ;D

I have used the cleanitol tool and reinstall the NAM April mod, I had the euro traffic simulator mod in my plugins folder. The mod that produces heavy traffic.. I have deleted that also. Now everything works! Avenue roundabouts, avenue with GLR.. and also the street mod works! Now I can really get on with building my city... It wasn't finished yet and now I gonna change a lot of things again! haha! It gonna look really nice..

So again a really big thanks!  :thumbsup:

flame1396

I cannot find the smooth highway curves or any other highway puzzle pieces in my menus. Where are they, I just downloaded the new NAM, and have never seen the puzzle-pieces for highway ever.

I could be stupid, are they in the custom interchange menu?
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

Tarkus

enncore, glad I could help. :)

flame, the highway curve is indeed under the Custom Interchanges button.

-Alex (Tarkus)

flame1396

The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

Mbolism

I have the HSR as well as some other NAM stuff, from the Rural Highway project to the puzzle pieces for about everything.  However, while some of them say draggable, I can't seem to make that happen.  The HSR, for example.  It's just puzzle pieces as far as I can see.  I cannot turn it either (not sure if that's intentional, which makes sense seeing as it's HSR, just wasn't sure). 

Same with the rural highway, etc.  I can't seem to drag any of them.  Am I missing something?

Diggis

Did you read the readme that explains how to drag them?  You plop the puzzle piece, then drag from it with the appropriate tool. (IE SAM uses streets, HSR uses Monorail)

Mbolism

Bah,  I didn't read the readme on that one, so my bad.  And yeah, guess I should have posted this in the right thread eh? :)

Thanks!

McDuell

I had indeed no more pathing problems with the left hand mod activated  :) - until now  &mmm. I once more wanted to UDI a self created interchange (>picture< with DrawPath activated, for those who are interested  ::)), which was mainly done with elevated OWR pieces. There still seems to be a pathing issue with some of the puzzle pieces though.

This are all the OWR pieces I already have checked (only OWR over single diagonal network). Most are ok, but there are a few with red lines on them (barely visible) who block UDI traffic.

After sorting out the good ones (without red lines), these are the ones that are 'bad'.

edit: Some numbers OWR/dRoad are wrong. They should be: 1, 3, 14, 16, 17, 19, 30, 32  :-[.

There definitely seems to be a pattern here. Only the Tiles 'North/South over Northeast/Southwest' and 'East/West over Northwest/Southeast' (hope I got this right) are affected. Furthermore, only the OWR pieces seem to be affected. A similar 'setup' with other pieces did not show those lines. I have not UDI-tested them though.

About the numbering of the tiles: I started the default rotation direction with 1 (n-th tile in the ring) rather than with 0 (# of rotations). I hope the other descriptions are accurate enough.

I have one question at the moment (should be no ranting at all, just curious  ;)): What can go wrong with using the left hand plugin and a right hand drive game setup? I haven't had any bad experience until now. The Rail, GLR and Avenue networks are still right-driven. The roundabouts are also counterclockwise pathed. I can even freely choose the direction of the 3x3 OW roundabout.

Thanks in advance  :)

----------------
It's redundant, it's redundant. (R.E. Dundant)
----------------

Swamper77

The only thing that can go "wrong" is that the graphics for the ATL will be displaying the UK textures which appear mirrored to the right-hand versions. The cars will still drive properly though. The textures are purely cosmetic.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

inner nerd

I have downloaded the latest NAM and the RHW, then I went and got the NAM essentials... I know this is gonna sound kinda stupid, just like myself, but when I use the puzzle pieces(IE, avenue over avenue) and then drag my avenue to connect, there is a slight gap between the pieces, and the dragged avenue just ends in the U-shaped piece, like it does when there's no connection at all...

My RHW's, I watched the videos on Youtube and everything, but once i drag to a certain point they revert back from RHW-4 to RHW-2 pieces... What am I not doing right?

j-dub

Hi, Inner Nerd. Some puzzle pieces are very testy. The avenue over avenue is definitely one for example. The avenue underneath will have to have had the avenue already there to begin with. Otherwise it won't go through when you try to drag it under there afterword. Where as the top avenue's ramps require to be dragged after its built. As for the RHW, that's another thing. Again it can get tricky. Here's one way it may go back to 2 on you. If you try to use the RHW4, and after a while, maybe an intersection connects to it, there are times, it decides to revert back to two lanes on that. You just have to use more starter pieces in between. When you place the starter piece, you can only demolish the middle part, or one one of the ends of the starter piece and still have the RHW4 stable. Also, the older RHW files can cause massive interference with the new one.