• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HandsOn

Quote from: VeTram on June 18, 2008, 04:07:35 AM
Automata file?  isn't the second one in my plugins folder?

Correct download from LEX? WHERE HOW?  ..If i am not wrong the latest update is 2008/04/24..
It does indeed look like there's a file missing - I am only going by what I have installed and I never had a problem with NAM 2008. I also have the Automata_Radical in the NAM plugins subfolder, but I also have a NetworkAddonMod_Automata_Plugin_Standard in the Network Addon Mod folder. Now, for all I know, it should not be there, but I do have it and everything works.
As for the DL, it is indeed the one dated 28/04/2008, coming in at 11,339 KB and directly from the LEX.
I think, seeing the complexity of your problem, the best person to consult is Andreas - if anyone knows, it is him. Might be best to send him a PM, at least he is on the same time zone as you and me, although he may be at work right now.
Meanwhile, why not try it with preceisely the same folder content that I have? There's nothing to lose, is there? I've attached a picture of the contents of my NAM Plugins folder; the folder above it is in my previous post.

Why not visit The Empire MD
Just updated on July 2nd, 2008
And after the game's done.. - The Storyteller's Logbook

ebina

VeTram: If you have installed NAM without LHD plugin to LHD version of SC4, your problem appear.

In April 2008 version of NAM, SC4PATH files which will only be used in the LHD version have been moved to LHD plugin from NAM core, since they are not needed for RHD version. You said NAM 2007 has no problems. Perhaps your game is missing those moved path files. If you haven't tried Left Hand Version Plugin yet, please install it and see what happens.

VeTram

To HandsOn : Yes , my friend perhaps it will worth to use your NAM FOLDER ...i have already send you a p.m ...if you are still online , can you send it? are you really using LHD plugin in your NAM FOLDER?

To Ebina:  Oh! oh!  just a minute....perhaps you are RIGHT! :thumbsup:.....I used LHD and i saw trains at last!......i used a Passenger Station , i do not know about other types of trains , but since now it seems that your idea is working!....we will see what will happen in the future and i will let you know, and now the BIG question is ...all the people using NAM without problems are using LHD????  was i the only one NOT using it??
...anyway , thanx a lot Ebina, :thumbsup: hope to let me add you to my friends list..
For every friend of this community , do NOT forget to send me a p.m if ever visit Greece .

HandsOn

Quote from: VeTram on June 18, 2008, 06:54:29 AM
To HandsOn : Yes , my friend perhaps it will worth to use your NAM FOLDER ...i have already send you a p.m ...if you are still online , can you send it? are you really using LHD plugin in your NAM FOLDER?

To Ebina:  Oh! oh!  just a minute....perhaps you are RIGHT! :thumbsup:.....I used LHD and i saw trains at last!......i used a Passenger Station , i do not know about other types of trains , but since now it seems that your idea is working!....we will see what will happen in the future and i will let you know, and now the BIG question is ...all the people using NAM without problems are using LHD????  was i the only one NOT using it??
...anyway , thanx a lot Ebina, :thumbsup: hope to let me add you to my friends list..
Eh, most folks (at least the sensible ones) drive, you know, on the right side of the road..?  ?=mad)=

VeTram

friend HandsOn , the question becomes even more bigger , because as you say you did not use LHD....so , the question is how you played the game without problem?....i am trying to understand it and find a final solution as i do NOT want to use LHD ..did that meaned that i used LHD in version of NAM 2007? , and if yes , what if i remove all roads and use new ones with NAM 2008 WITHOUT LHD.. ()what() ()what() should that fix the problem? ..perhaps Ebira could tell us , or anyone else that knows about...

and something more , another question for answer is that you have right , there is a file NetworkAddonMod_Automata_Plugin_Standard.dat that it does not exist into my NAM Folder.. ()what()
For every friend of this community , do NOT forget to send me a p.m if ever visit Greece .

ebina

If RHD version players are getting same problem, more people should report it.

You can check your game LHD or RHD with route query. It's easy and good way since it can be used even if the number of sims/cars in graphic setting is set to low. If your route query says like left side of this picture, you need to install Left Hand Plugin.

Left Hand Version Rail Networks Fix section in the NAM's documentation, Technical Notes page may give an idea about why rail related networks excluding subway don't work in the LHD version without LHD plugin after installing NAM.

HandsOn

Quote from: VeTram on June 18, 2008, 07:56:22 AM
friend HandsOn , the question becomes even more bigger , because as you say you did not use LHD....so , the question is how you played the game without problem?....i am trying to understand it and find a final solution as i do NOT want to use LHD ..did that meaned that i used LHD in version of NAM 2007? , and if yes , what if i remove all roads and use new ones with NAM 2008 WITHOUT LHD.. ()what() ()what() should that fix the problem? ..perhaps Ebira could tell us , or anyone else that knows about...
Methinks our Japanese friend confused the issue somewhat: Japan does indeed drive on the left - at least it did, last time I looked. Thus the game, when originally installed, will select the lef-hand-drive option because of the localization. European installations, with the exception of the stubborn  $%Grinno$% Irish and British, wil by default use the right hand version. Thus if you bought your game from the UK, you will have a LHD version, which would esplain why the LHD switch worked. Why that affects trains is a bit of a mistery to me, though.
Thus, if this has indeed an effect on your game - where did you buy it? And what is the localization language in use: US English, UK English, Greek?
And no, don't remove all your roads - just look at on which side the traffic runs: right or left?

VeTram

O.K Ebina , i will try right now , and i will let you know in a very few minutes...pls stay online

o.k HandsOn , i bought the game in Greece , and the localization language in use is English...i will check the roads ...pls stay online also

VeTram

here are the results...

i tested it as Ebina said , with NAM 2008 together with LHD Plugin , and i saw that the roads were in LHD

AND ...also i removed NAM and i saw that my roads were still in LHD....

so , does it means that i used LHD with NAM VERSION JUNE 2007?....and if yes , how will i solve the problem dear Ebina , if i do NOT want to use LHD in my NAM? ()what()
It will not be difficult for me to remove all roads , if this is the solution , as my project is on its early steps .

HandsOn

Quote from: VeTram on June 18, 2008, 08:28:54 AM
here are the results...

i tested it as Ebira said , with NAM 2008 together with LHD Plugin , and i saw that the roads were in LHD

AND ...also i removed NAM and i saw that my roads were still in LHD....

so , does it means that i used LHD with NAM VERSION JUNE 2007?....and if yes , how will i solve the problem dear Ebira , if i do NOT want to use LHD in my NAM? ()what()
It will not be difficult for me to remove all roads , if this is the solution , as my project is on its early steps .

It appears that you have indeed a left-hand-drive version of the game. Since the fix is 1KB too large to be attached here, I've emailed you a ZIP file called Left-to_right. Uninstall NAM first, then install the fix. If then - without NAM - your cars drive on the right, install NAM. If the fix does not work for you, you can uninstall it from the Windows uninstaller (Programs and Features in Vista, or Applications in XP).

NOTE: there's a problem with your email address: it does not work! Please send me the correct email address so we can fix this

krbe

The European version of the game uses LHD if you install it in English. All other are driving on the right side, literally. The     
SC4 Registry: How to Switch Languages and Driving Sides thread will help you.

Kumba

Hello,

With the new NAM coming out, a problem has been arising ever since, I cannot plop a avenue roundabout, the icon just remains red, I've tried everything including redownloading NAM 4 times.

Also the RHW doesn't even work, and yes I know about the starter peice and dragging it more than 4 tiles down, but it still remains a 2 lane RHW like a road and wont become a 2 lane one way like its supposed to be. I have NO idea whats causing these two problems.

So... Help?
______ F L Y  S C A G J E T S ______
The Most Reliable, Helpful, Diverse SimCity Aerospace Group LOTs BATs and MODs

CasperVg

Make sure that you have no prior versions of the NAM laying around in your plugins' folder.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

VeTram

- Hi to all friends..

- I don't hide,  that i feel happy since yesterday night that finally after so many efforts, there is a solution to my known problem.. :)

-For sure it is too early for final conclusions , as i am in the beginning of my project , but for the moment everything i have tried in game it ....works. :satisfied:

-So , i feel i would like to thanks again everyone who show his/her interest and tried to help , and especially to friend HandsOn , :thumbsup: (  finally my friend i did not use your file , as i read the instructions from the link that krbe showed to me ).....especially thanks so much also to Ebina , for her sharp mind , that discover the ..light on the dark tunel...and all her interesting..  :thumbsup: and finally Krbe for his help with the precious link.. :thumbsup:

-As for my problem i used to have , i strongly propose to anyone else who is facing the same problem , to read the link from Krbe above..
..thanx again ,  :thumbsup:

P.S :  "$Deal"$ .. Here in Greece it is too hot already , (38 degrees of Celcium!!) the sun is shinning and the sea is wonderful , so whoever friend of community is thinking to visit Greece , and Athens , dont forget to p.m first.

Kumba

Quote from: caspervg on June 18, 2008, 11:08:49 PM
Make sure that you have no prior versions of the NAM laying around in your plugins' folder.

There is no other version in my plugin file except the newest. It still doesn't work.

Tarkus

Kumba, by chance, do you have a DatPacked NAM sitting around?  That can also cause a similar conflict.

VeTram, I'm glad to hear things are working better for you now!  (And I'll pass on my thanks to HandsOn and krbe as well.)

-Alex (Tarkus)

Kumba

Jonathan

DatPacking is when you merge dats together. So lots of plugins into one big one.

A DatPacked NAM is when all the NAM files are merged into one.

HandsOn

Quote from: Kumba on June 19, 2008, 11:27:13 AM
What do you mean DatPacked NAM?
Since you ask that question, I doubt that you do it, because you obviously do not have Wou's DAT Packer (found on the LEX). Sounds to me, hoever, that you may not have chosen everything necessary during the installation - there are several options & combinations possible. Haven't found NAM particular delicate, but the choices do determine what works and what not. And, like in the case of our friend VeTram, the question arises: which version of SC4 do you have - left or right hand drive (British or US Virgin Islands)?

Tarkus

Also, there are other mods besides old NAM versions that can cause conflict, like old RHW versions before it became an official NAM Plugin (version 12 or 13), and various other older transit mods. Basically, when you get the "red arrow" bug, it means that there are RUL files that do not include functionality for that item loading after the most recent NAM Controller file.  

If you have Cleanitol, I'd recommend uninstalling the NAM again, and then running the Cleanitol definition file that is packaged with the NAM download.

Hope that helps!

-Alex (Tarkus)