• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Version 31 Release Date Announcement

Started by Tarkus, January 20, 2013, 04:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

For the first time ever, the NAM Team has decided to surprise people . . . by not surprising them.  The 31st NAM release was made available to the public on March 1st 2nd, 2013.

We've simply updated the existing download, so click "Most Popular" on the LEX, and it'll take you right to it.  If you're already logged into the LEX (not the forums), you'll find it at this link.

Here's a little of what you'll find.

• New "Monolithic" package--all previous separate download plugins now included in the main package, including

• RealHighway Mod (RHW)
    • Network Widening Mod (NWM)
    • Railway Addon Mod (RAM)
    • High Speed Rail Project (HSRP)
    • Street Addon Mod (SAM)
    • Rural Roads Plugin
    • NAM Retexture and Cosmetic Mods (North American and Euro)
    • Virtually all previously released bridges
  • RealHighway Mod now updated to "Project 57" specs, with Multi-Height networking, and Wider RHW Bridges.
  • New Draggable Fractional Angle Road system.
  • Maxis Highway Override ("Project Symphony") by MandelSoft and jdenm8
  • For the first time ever, transit stations and hole-digger/raiser lots are included.
  • Disappearing construction lots, making the use of starter pieces vastly simpler and less cumbersome.
  • Bullet Train Mod (Monorail replacement) and El-Rail Cosmetics by moonlinght.
  • A few odds and ends for the Network Widening Mod.
  • Two new styles of SAM Streets: Klinker Streets by squidi and jplumbley (Set 6) and Moonlight Japanese Streets (Set 10)
  • Traffic Simulator Configuration Tool (TSCT) updated.

Please note that some documentation is still forthcoming as of this writing.

Also:

Starting with this new version of the NAM (NAM 31), the long term policy of recommending uninstallation of your previous NAM before installing a new one is being completely reversed.  Due to major changes in the NAM installer, from now on, whenever you install or reinstall NAM 31 or later, you should NOT uninstall your old NAM.  This will allow the installer to detect what options you have selected from previous installations, and make sure that they're selected by default if you use the Custom installation type.  Even if you think your old version of the NAM may have become corrupted, the new installer will fix everything.  The only time you should uninstall your version of the NAM is if you don't want it on your system anymore.  If that is the case, please use the uninstaller program in the main NAM folder, as the NAM contains registry entries as well as files that need to be deleted.

-Tarkus (on behalf of the whole NAM Team)

Delecto

Girafe

Not the 31st Feb.  :P

It will be epic as the gang NAM style :)

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Kitsune

perfect! It'll come out a few days after I come back from Buenos Aires, hence it won't ruin my vacation.
~ NAM Team Member

sim_link

Certainly correct, I won't want to miss. Look forward to it! ;D

ivo_su

I'm so happy Alex thanks for this good news - I love you men
My be NAM 32 wil be ready on 3th february next year ;D

&dance %BUd%

sunv123

Oh, I'm freaking out. Dang.  Good month for me. Nam Gang Style is out and so is Noah's Birthday! Oh, I'm gonna party.

Just a little disappointing, because it's not in February.... I just love the month of February. &bis&
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

Ryan B.

I just did three or four legitimate double-takes . . . we NEVER announce release dates . . .

. . . until today, that is. Looking forward to sharing the finished product with everyone!

Piteri

Arrr! I miss out on this by 1 day...
I am pleased to see a release date though

jondor

As an interesting aside (that had nothing to do with picking that particular date, as I haven't had an opportunity to visit the forums for a few days), that will also be my 31st birthday.  :D
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

fafalone

Call me a paranoid conspiracy nut, but I have this voice in the back of my head saying 'hm, if a last minute bug popped up and they missed that date, it would sure teach people a lesson about asking for release dates'.

I hope I'm crazy  ???

MandelSoft

^^ That's why we do extensive testing and put in a feature freeze at least at two weeks in beforehand to reduce this kind of thing ;)
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

jp

There is always a first time for everything :)
This is great news! Thank you for all your hard work

Kergelen

Will be magnificent! My intuition (and logic) told me that the release would be around this date to "compete" with the new Simcity. :)

Thanks NAM Team:thumbsup:

Links to SC4 websites

mike3775

Nice to know the actual release date, surprised that they are actually giving one though, not that I am complaining

I can't wait to give it a go.

NCGAIO

I do not think the launch before the new simcity is to compete with it, because already more than clear that public is totally different.

At least the launch of the new game served to stir news in SC4 as mods weather , new tools  and of course the new NAM.

&apls Congratulations to all the effort in keep alive this anthological simulator, and twist to have some years still in focus and satisfying the passionates about the genre as us !

SimSome

Serkanner

Yey! I am a witness of the first ever release announcement of the the newest NAM version. I feel very privileged.  :thumbsup:

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

MTT9

Great news! The game is about to change once more :)
You can call me Matt