• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM OSITM November 2016

Started by noahclem, November 05, 2016, 01:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noahclem

Perhaps nothing has contributed more to SC4's possibilities and enduring popularity than the legendary Network Addon Mod. A celebration of 10 years of SC4D would simply not be complete without a role for the NAM. Accordingly, from a team who's informal motto is "we like to surprise people", comes a special surprise OSITM! No doubt this will not be the last surprise from them this month--in fact, rumors are swirling already....

Please join me in congratulating the Network Addon Mod team on their second and thoroughly well-deserved OSITM!

Tarkus

First off, thank you to Noah and the site for having the NAM as part of the OSITM lineup for this special month!

And to clear up these swirling rumors, they just so happen to be true.  Yes, this means that NAM 35 has been released on the SC4D LEX, coinciding with the site's 10th anniversary celebration.  Here's the feature list for NAM 35.

• New RealRailway (RRW) FlexTrack functionality, including draggable Fractional Angle Railroads (FARR) at three angles (FA-2, FA-3, and FA-1.33/1.5) and improved Single-Track Rail (STR) support.
  • Vastly improved adjacency stability for ramp-style RealHighway (RHW) FLEX Height Transitions, including many adjacencies with FLEXRamps and Draggable Ramp Interfaces (DRIs).
  • Several new draggable NWM transitions: NRD-4-to-ARD-3, NRD-4-to-Avenue, NRD-4-to-TLA-5, NRD-4-to-RD-4, Road-to-RD-4, TLA-3-to-Avenue, TLA-3-to-TLA-5, AVE-2-to-TLA-5, AVE-2-to-Avenue, TLA-7/AVE-6-to-Dual-OWR-3, OWR-4-to-RHW-8S, OWR-5-to-RHW-10S, and OWR-1-to-MIS. These transitions can either be built through the stub method, or (in case of different base networks), direct connection.
  • At-grade intersection support for the Road, OWR, and Avenue Viaducts, plus other stability and cosmetic improvements.
  • Multi-Radius Curve (MRC) functionality added to the L1 and L2 RHW-2.
  • A number of path fixes involving elevated RHW networks.
  • Support for at-grade RHW-4 x Avenue, RHW-3 x Avenue and MIS x Street intersections (OxO only), as well as improvements and additions to RHW-2 and MIS diagonal intersections with Maxis surface networks.
  • Proper P57-era RHW support for Moonlinght's Alternate El-Rail and Bullet Train (Shinkansen) mods.
  • Various fixes to the Maxis Highway Override (MHO), including improved RealRailway (RRW) support, support for moonlinght's Alternate El-Rail and Bullet Train, and Level Bridges for both L0 and L2 MHO networks.
  • Re-implementation of some multi-tile RHW and NWM starter pieces, to improve stability in preparation for future additions. Legacy code has been added to provide stability to older, unconverted starters.

A few other notes regarding the release:

Platforms: At present, only the Windows release is available.  A Mac release will be coming later.

Installing over previous versions: NAM 35 should be installed directly over top of any previous NAM releases, to ensure that your previous installation options are retained.  A clean install is not recommended.  For more information, see here.

Tech Support: Since NAM 35 is now the most recent release, technical support for NAM 34 and earlier is no longer available.

Special Thanks: The NAM Team would like to extend its sincere thanks to all the members of the community for their continued support over the past 12 1/2 years the mod has existed, and to SC4 Devotion, which has graciously supported the NAM Team in its 10 years of operation as of this month.

The new release can be acquired at the link below:

NAM 35 (Windows) Download

What's Next: We are already at work on new features for NAM 36 and beyond, which we plan to showcase as part of this OSITM.  Stay tuned for more, and remember, we like to surprise people. ;)

-Tarkus and the NAM Team

Mandarin(a)

I could say that 12 1/2 years ago I didn't even know how to use my computer properly ...
I've spent many happy hours playing with NAM. A big THANK YOU is just a microscopic part of what you truly deserve for all your work. Congratulations!

Silur

A huge thank You for the great Work! This is a wonderful achievement. Thanks again!  :thumbsup: &apls &apls &apls

dyoungyn

I agree, finally and thank you so much for all the hard work the entire NAM has done thus fare with NAM and so looking forward to even more creative wonderful donations to all the hard core SC4 players. 

Unfortunately, my gaming PC crashed completely and shopping around for a replacement.  Until the wife (who is on vacation to Japan) gives the blessing to purchase another, I will have to wait. 

BTW, I must have missed it, but what does OSITM mean?

dyoungyn

Mandarin(a)

Quote from: dyoungyn on November 05, 2016, 02:07:19 PM
BTW, I must have missed it, but what does OSITM mean?

You have it written in a giant medal noahclem have posted  ;)
OSITM = Of Special Interest This Month

_Michael

Oooh! How exciting. Just about to install now and then experiment! A fun evening awaits...

Tyberius06

Congratulations! And thanks for the whole NAM Team the hard developing work and the support.
Early Christmas. I wouldn't expect the new version so early, but yepp you suprised me! :) Thanks a lot!  &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls :bnn: :bnn: :bnn:

- Tyberius

(... I should ask at least a week holiday from my boss! :) )
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Jack_wilds

ITS NAM DAY and no one told ME!   &sly &hlp :crytissue:     :)

U guys will need to make a week of it to officially celebrate this 10th anniversary for teh site and for the v35  release...  :bnn: :bnn: :bnn:

so even before i donwload it I posted and now I love it even before I play with it... its a new toy... yeah  :bnn:

:popcorn:

dcsmycity

I can't wait to try out all of these new features. The holidays have come early this year!!!!! Tonight's going to be great fun!

:bnn :bnn: :bnn:

fatjuice

Where could I report a bug?
Can I just post the pictures here?

EDIT: Nevermind, I did a clean install which wasn't recommended.. Gotta go uninstall and reinstall an old version

mgb204

If you think you've found a bug or need some assistance, we're always happy to assist anyone. The best place to do this is in this thread (NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE), found inside the NAM Development/Support thread on the forums.

metarvo

Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

dyoungyn

Tarkus

Thanks, metarvo and dyoungyn!

It's now gotten some pathing and initial proof-of-concept overpass overrides in place . . . no T21s or stop points yet.

-Alex

APSMS

How will this handle being elevated? I like FlexSPUI but I prefer to have elevated intersections if possible so that cars can use the ramp to slow down on approach, and speed up to reach freeway speeds (irrelevant for SC4 of course).

Looks really nice, though.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Tarkus

Thanks, Absalom, and to answer your question, the plan is to use a system similar to the old FlexSPUI's elevation routine.  There are some differences in the footprint that could potentially be worked to advantage here.  It is planned to be offered at both L1 and L2.

-Alex

kbieniu7

That's very pretty! :thumbsup: I'm amazed how you have so much energy to produce all this fabulous content.
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

dyoungyn

Is it possible to make Flex Spui for AVE 6/7?  This is something that has been missing since inception.  BTW, this looks amazing and thank you so much for sharing.