• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Sciurus' Factory

Started by Sciurus, August 30, 2008, 06:26:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sciurus

.:: Presentation

I'm specialized  in the fabrication of BATs from the "worker" style. I made buildings which are inpired of workerbuildings there are in my region, Longwy. Longwy was an industrial city, which producted steel, since the start of the XXth century. So the worker buildings were very developped in the region. But in 80's, it was the end of the steelindustries. So many workers went out the city, and today, many buildings are derelict.

.:: My BATs

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Sciurus

A preview (in game) of the first house of my pack:

A first preview of second house of my pack:

Your comments? :)
L'atelier d'architecture

sauron620

Good start!  :thumbsup:
But the conservatory seems a bit big, according to me.
Continue!

art128

Very nice BATs sciurus54 &apls I can't wait the download  $%Grinno$%
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

tag_one

Great project sciurus. I like the first house a lot. Small comment to make it look a bit nicer: imo the roof is a bit bare. maybe you can add some more details on it like some small vertical pipes for ventilation, a window or some solar panels or whatsoever to add some more life to the roof. Other than that I like the details on your building a lot :)

estepaflip

Oh these will be very useful for my French cities!  :thumbsup:

nerdly_dood

I'm not French and I've never been to France, but I still think they're realistic and I like them. :thumbsup:
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Simpson

Hi my friend  ;D
Very nice work on this little houses
I'm until forward to the next  :)
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Sciurus

Thanks all for your comments, I just had 3DSMax today,a nd I did that:

Do you think it's good? :)
L'atelier d'architecture

Fatsuhono

I think it is very good, great work my friend. &apls Looks like you are getting very good at the BAT! ;D

bat

Your BATs are looking really good there! And the new tower is very nice so far! :thumbsup:

Sciurus

Thanks all for your comments, it's very nice! ^^
I destroyed the tower, and I began another:

:thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture

SimFox

one thing to pay attention to, that is normally overlooked by BATers - thickness of the floors it can not possibly be this paper thin. give it minimum 35 cm or about 60 + for office towers  - remember all the stuff - like eclectic and comm wiring under the floor and AC under the ceiling...

PS
Adjust those numbers (35-65cm) by whatever multiplier you use to combat squashing effect (usually 1,25-1,3)

Sciurus

Thanks for your comments, and particullary for your attention to me SimFox, really thank you! :thumbsup:
I gave up the tower, but I've got a project : to fulfil a Lorraine Pack, a pack to pay tribute to my natal region; Lorraine, so to beginn, a fisrt pic of my project:

:thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture

Orange_o_

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

kant01

looking good :) I really like that first house and the new building looks promising as well!

Simpson

My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Sciurus

Thanks all, and I beggin some Highways barriers, I hope you like it ;)

:thumbsup: Sciurus
L'atelier d'architecture

pound

City Builder

I like the little french house at the beginning of the thread.  About the only thing that bugs me about it, is the chimney.  Id really like to see it with an indent in it as if it was hollow as all chimneys are to some extent, this can be done simply by inserting a smaller box into the chimney to cut out a hole, and then removing the box, which will leave it looking hollow as far as our eye can see.  It's little details like that which makes me want to use a building from someone, compared to not using it.

I like the roof, it's got some good character to it with the tiles not being all the same, good job there.  As others mentioned, perhaps puting in vent pipes (most houses in the U.S. have a vent pipe for each toilet, and kitchen sink sometimes, plus a vent wherever the kitchen stove might be.  This would just add a little more flavor to your roof.  Perhaps even some rain gutters might be nice with downspouts and all would add more flavor as well.

The greenhouse does seem a bit large, but it's not something that would make me walk away from using this bat by any means.  I think one of the hardest things in creating and lotting your bats is keeping the proportions correct, maybe in France people have larger greenhouses than their own living house, however in my neck of the woods over here, most greenhouses are not much larger than a car or two cars, for a smaller cottage style home.

Keep at it, it's looking good so far.
When your tired of games of destruction, come to CityBuilderGames.com to discuss games of Construction!
Oh!  Thanks for the negative rep, I love you too!