• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Thanks, everyone!  And compdude787 is in fact correct.  I made that modified bridge setup just for this interchange.  I don't have plans to do any more bridge work like that in the immediate future, but since this one-off is already operational, it'll be released at some point.

-Alex

Kitsune

Quote from: Tarkus on September 28, 2018, 06:56:50 AM
Thanks, everyone!  And compdude787 is in fact correct.  I made that modified bridge setup just for this interchange.  I don't have plans to do any more bridge work like that in the immediate future, but since this one-off is already operational, it'll be released at some point.

-Alex

And I'll one up Alex and state I do have plans for L1/L2 bridges... although they are likely NAM 38. And pssh... May I make a small recommendation to use the disconnector on the roads? That way you dont get those cul-de-sacs on removed sections. And I really like you on how you have those disconnected roads, it adds more character to an area. Great Interchange!
~ NAM Team Member

Haljackey

Smooth-curve interchange nestled in the mountain passes

Click images for full size

Starting out

Finished:

Zoom in:

Zoom out:

Wiimeiser

Reminds me of this interchange in Oregon, which is strange because I'm Australian.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Haljackey

Thanks! I have a few more to show

Click for full size.

Fractional-Angle diamond

Zoom out

Zoom further out to show location relative to topography

-----

Old diamond interchange replacement

...With a full parclo

Zoom in

-----

Interchange widening - 2 to 4 through lanes for north-south highway. It is controlled-access to the south, transitions to a avenue to the north

After

Tyberius06

Hi!

1. I made some changes on the main highway system near to the airport. Recently I started to work with HSR, therefore the airport now got a new HSR line and there is a regular communter line as well. Also I replanned and facelifted a bit the shape of the interchange. It's called CounterPoint-South Harbour Airport Expressway. The other highway which take place parallel with it is called NoirCity Central Expressway (it makes connection between the North and South section of the Orbital Motorway.) Also there is a small section of the North Harbour Airport Freeway on the left hand side at the edge of the picture.
BEFORE:

AFTER

2. At the other side of the Airport the CounterPoint-South Harbour Airport Expressway connect to the south section of the NoirCity Ring Motorway or Orbital Motorway
BEFORE

AFTER

3. The Orbital Motorway enters to SouthPoint with a T-Interchange.

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Alan_Waters

Sumptuously!  &apls &apls &apls
Tibi, how did you get this airport to work? I have planes flying in the region, but the game does not understand it as an airport.  ()what()

Haljackey

7 new interchanges on a mountain freeway

Click images for full size

1- Diamond

2- Diverging Diamond

3- Folded diamond

4- Elongated diamond

5- Curved diamond hybrid

6- Diagonal Parclo AB2

7- Curved diamond

Locations in region

bladeberkman

Here's a frontage-basket-parclo-weave (?). It's still a work in progress (as is the name  :D).

-Blade

Seaman

And here's another one. bladeberkman, my hat is off. I know it can take a while to come up with the final layout. And since I recreated one of your bigger frontage intersections, I really appreciate all the little tricks, you've built into your work to compress it and make it look good at the same time. It's far from simply adding all components together (extensive use of the RHW disconnector is needed :D).
Maybe, it's time to open your own thread where you can show your designs? It would have the advantage that it would be more easy to browse through your collection.

mattb325

I second that idea! I love your designs and short of flying you out to build them in my cities, I would love to be able to see the collection/how-to pictures :popcorn:

bladeberkman

Thanks for the kind words, Seaman and mattb325! I'll consider opening my own thread, although I only manage to post sporadically and don't know if I'd be able to keep it fresh. You're right, it takes several hours of trial and error before you finally settle on a design (my spacial reasoning isn't that great), then another few hours to actually do the work. They're elaborate puzzles that pay off... eventually.  ::) I'd be interested in seeing your parclo, Seaman!

That frontage parclo was inspired by a similar frontage parclo outside of NorthPark Center, a mall in Dallas, Texas. While not a strict recreation, it has many of the same features. Here's a link to the real one, which is a traffic nightmare during rush hour: https://goo.gl/maps/fvBYa4DDCw72

As you can probably tell, I've been a bit obsessed with ("devoted to") parclos lately -- just trying to figure out how to reliably re-create them. I think I've finally figured out the third method for this type of exit/entry:

Now I need to work on a tutorial.  "$Deal"$

-Blade

Seaman

Quote from: bladeberkman on October 08, 2018, 12:09:16 AM
I'd be interested in seeing your parclo, Seaman!

Well, it's not the parclo but the full on 4 way interchange:

I made a small change to your setup here:

I really like the functionality by having the additional access and a sortof baskettweave here. But I must admit that your setup looks mutch more sleek.

Don't mind the other stuff next to the intersection. I was just experimenting there. This basketweave technique is quite feasible, I think

Kitsune

I tend to flatten the loop a bit and use FAR when I build parclos... here is a A5:

And here is a A6.

~ NAM Team Member

bladeberkman

Wow, Seaman, that's basically an exact recreation. You know the struggle! ;D I like the weave variation you've used, too. Gives me some ideas.  :)

Kitusne, I'd love to see your parclos, but unfortunately I cannot view them in either of the two browsers I use (Safari and Chrome). In fact, I can't seem to view any of the pictures you've ever posted. Also, when I attempt to load your pictures in a new tab, I get a 403 forbidden.  ()what()

-Blade

Kitsune

Quote from: bladeberkman on October 08, 2018, 12:04:44 PM
Wow, Seaman, that's basically an exact recreation. You know the struggle! ;D I like the weave variation you've used, too. Gives me some ideas.  :)

Kitusne, I'd love to see your parclos, but unfortunately I cannot view them in either of the two browsers I use (Safari and Chrome). In fact, I can't seem to view any of the pictures you've ever posted. Also, when I attempt to load your pictures in a new tab, I get a 403 forbidden.  ()what()

-Blade

They should show now :) Blame people spamming my email servers... and me as it occured a few years ago !  :D
~ NAM Team Member

bladeberkman

Welp, here's my 270 degree loop tutorial:

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=18252.msg528201#msg528201

Sorry it took so long! On the one hand, I hope it's useful.  "$Deal"$ On the other hand, I'm worried you'll think I'm crazy.  $%Grinno$%

-Blade

Haljackey

Quote from: bladeberkman on October 15, 2018, 02:24:11 AM
Welp, here's my 270 degree loop tutorial:

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=18252.msg528201#msg528201

Sorry it took so long! On the one hand, I hope it's useful.  "$Deal"$ On the other hand, I'm worried you'll think I'm crazy.  $%Grinno$%

-Blade

Awesome tutorial! Thanks so much for creating it and sharing your knowledge!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

-----

Built a new interchange by using landfill in a densely developed marshland.

Click images for full size.

Haljackey

A new 90 degree interchange.

Click pics for full size.

-----

+ Bonus - showing my work - retrofit expansion within a reserved right of way of a overloaded highway.

Leave space people, your interchanges are never finished!

Haljackey

'Showing my work' building a new interchange and underpass at the edge of flat land.

Click images for full size.