• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Paeng fillers parks for zzz-sandstone_NAM

Started by luvs2draw, August 23, 2018, 05:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvs2draw

Hello everyone,

Hope I am posting this problem in the correct area.

I have the Plugin installed in the game, zzz_sandstone_NAM, which is from Paeng. It changes the Maxis texture for the Network items to Paeng brown sandstone textures. Everything works fine except for the filler for the sandstone tile, it shows up as the Maxis tile. I have the Plugin set to load after NAM. In the game they show up in the Parks menu. I placed the sandstone tile in the game and it shows up as a Maxis tile (which is white) and not the sandstone texture. The filler is listed as, sandstone_filler_db38441.SC4Lot and a texture filer, sandstone_filler_texture.dat. There is no Dep.
Hope someone can help with this issue. 

Tyberius06

Hi!

First of all. It's NOT a Paeng file. The zzz_sandstone_NAM is Atmoguy's Sandstone Texture Mod for Network Addon Mod (NAM).
This mod is an override mod which extends the effects of Paeng Sandstone Texture mod for the NAM network pieces. Without Paeng's Sandstone Texture Mod the filler will show its original maxis white texture.
So what you need is Paeng's original mod, which will convert your maxis sidewalk, but you have to read the provided readme very carefully, because it's not just a pick and drop plugin. You need to choose between different options, deleting/removing files etc...
And back to the above mentioned Atmoguy's mod. There is a much more detailed and updated mod recently which is MGB - Sidewalk NAM (SWN) for Paeng's Sandstone Sidewalks (PSS)
I would recommend you to remove the zzz_sandstone_NAM MOD from Atmoguy and use instead MGB's mod which is way better.

I hope it helps.

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

luvs2draw

Hello everyone,

Tyberius06 thank you for sending me in the right direction. I didn't mean to say it was a Paeng Plugin but what I downloaded was zzz_sandstone_NAM file. I thought that it was a Paeng Plugin, my mistake, sorry for that.

I have the Paeng Sandstone Texture Mod. I redid the Plugin so this how I have set it up, (1.) Base_Overlays_Mod with the folders, Texture_Pack, Patches_3rdParty. (2.) then (2 Dat files) full_def-sandstone.dat, full_def-rural.dat. (3.) zzz-Def-3tex_high_med_low ( which has in it sw_high_wealth.dat, sw_low_wealth.dat, sw_medium_wealth.dat, sw_rural.dat)  folder. Hope I set it up correctly? Did it by the way the read-me said. I have no ControlFreak and One4All installed in the Plugin folder.

I forgot to add to my reply that I copied the Fillers file from the zzz_standstone_NAM to Paeng Texture Mod. I like to be able to clean up my diagonal Network pieces.  Hope I didn't do something incorrectly by adding the Filler folder to Paeng's Texture Mod?

Thanks for the quick reply and the help.