• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simmer's Lotting Lab.

Started by Simmer2, December 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreas

It would be a pity if the Transrapid never leaves your hard drive, as it would kinda share the fate of the real one (not counting the Shanghai Maglev, which isn't really much more than a proof of concept as well)...
Andreas

Tyberius06

Hi Nick!

Beautiful tram stuffs! I love that texture what you used for the GLR spur. If you eventually make an automata from that tram model, I'll have my new GLR automata. ;) :)
Well I hope you keep that Maglev stuff safe. Maybe in the future we could find out something and give it a good use. There is that hyperloop stuff on some of the far-eastern sites made by Y.H.  (it's called ATEX or something), this could be something similiar eyecandy stuff. But the HSR model is beautiful. I hope you release that train model.

Also I would like to thank to you releasing both of the fortresses! I really appreciate it!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

belfastsocrates

Personally I'd be happy with maglev as a non-functionable plop piece :D

A bit of transport eye candy isn't a bad thing...
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

pressus

Quote from: belfastsocrates on January 17, 2019, 04:43:43 AM
A bit of transport eye candy isn't a bad thing...

... yes of course, but it would be even better in normal traffic isn't it  ;)
Sorry guys, I'll be here next week, so good luck!

noahclem

Thanks for the awesome castle and great work on the automata and tram spur  &apls  I'm also really tickled at how well the maglev turned out--wow! Would be neat if it somehow had a future but creating a whole maglev/alternate monorail network would be an insane amount of work.

Simmer2

Thanks everyone!

The Maglev will stay in my hard drive for the foreseeable future.

However I do have an update on the turn of the century (19th) train shelter. I also made a steam locomotive and a couple of oldish passenger coaches.
Please disregard the bright base texture, this is just a mock up for size comparison only, therefore WIP

Rendered

Unrendered (different angle and light source)

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

belfastsocrates

Oh my days! That's stunning!
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

pressus

Super, another railway rarity is being prepared  :thumbsup:

Alan_Waters

It seems to me that there are not enough platforms. But even in this form, I am waiting for a miracle. :thumbsup:

mattb325

Nice work. I really like the canopy :satisfied:

matias93

Really, really nice! I like how the structure itself looks 'atemporal': it matches with a 19th century station but would work as well with one of the 21th century.
Just one detail, specially considering the steam locomotives: shouldn't you add some kind of upper ventilation? Most canopies of this kind use a raised roof on the top, to allow smoke and steam to leave the building instead of accumulating inside it. While it has become less necessary with electric locomotives, on a crowded station, just the amount of people would also make it needed.

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

pressus

@ matias93:

Quote from: matias93 on January 20, 2019, 05:07:25 AM
Just one detail, specially considering the steam locomotives: shouldn't you add some kind of upper ventilation? Most canopies of this kind use a raised roof on the top, to allow smoke and steam to leave the building instead of accumulating inside it.

Yes, that's a very correct suggestion, I think  ;)

Simmer2

Thanks guys!

Regarding the venting system. It was modernized back in 1974. When they re-did the glass canopies they removed the upper venting section and opted for a more modern forced air duct style internal system.

This here is another piece of that station's puzzle, I know its not a skyscraper with built in fireworks and animated lighted elevators but its still a piece that was needed.

19th Century steampunk style station quad clock.

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

shanghai kid

wow, love that 19th Century steampunk style station quad clock  &apls
a great addition to the station  :thumbsup:
Shanghai kid from Norway
"The lurking devil"
(Bam Bam Bigelow & Eddie Guerrero R.I.P).

pressus

Ten past ten, is it time for a second breakfast while waiting for a train at Simmer Station  &Thk/(  :thumbsup:

Tyberius06

Hi there!

I love how the shelter(s) are coming along, but this steam punk style clock is absolute amazing. Really beautiful model and nice idea. Great work Nick!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

b22rian

this looks to be quite the amazing station upon completion !

thanks for all the wonderful updates on  it showing your progress with it..  :thumbsup:

noahclem

Awesome work on the train shed and great looking clock  &apls

fantozzi

Why does the street clock remind me of the movie "La Cité des enfants perdus" (The city of the lost children)?

Simmer2

Thanks for the comments and likes!

Well here we go....

SM2 Valensky Train Station

Simmer2