• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Siilijoki

Started by noahclem, December 07, 2010, 06:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nbvc

bat

Fantastic looking city there!
And the interchange is looking great, too. :thumbsup:

apeguy

Nice use of trams and diagonal buildings in the city centre, and the parclo interchange is good too. I see the new version of the RHW is coming along nicely, I hope those 5-lane bridges are included with it. ;D

Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

Ol.S / Benoit

Amazing ! Your network is perfect, so much work on it, Tram, El train, RHW... such a long work to make it realistic like that :)
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Yan077

I agree, excellent pictures, and that interchange is very impressive  :o

&apls &apls

io_bg

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

noahclem

There should be a new update within the next couple days, but for now replies and a quick teaser pic

Quote from: Reikhardt on May 19, 2011, 03:50:55 PM
Great update Noah, As always great work with the roadways.
I really love that water in picture 12.6  &apls  &apls
Thank you! The water is a less translucent modification of rivit's green water, available on the STEX--I never thought I'd like green water in Siilijoki but I was happy with it there!

Quote from: kelis on May 19, 2011, 04:24:51 PM
The picture 12.5 it's just amazing my friend, Great job  &apls &apls
Thanks, I like that one too. Good luck in the picture competition!

Quote from: Tomas Neto on May 20, 2011, 03:19:49 AM
Awesome work, Noah!!! Fantastic update!!!  &apls &apls
Thanks a lot Tomas, always great to have you around here!

Quote from: Aaron Graham on May 20, 2011, 05:51:09 AM
Great Job, I like this city and you have a lovely tram system, I need to use them in my cities, and the lake look beautiful  Keep it up. &apls
Thanks, glad you liked it and welcome to Siilijoki! Trams are fun and a great way to add a little old-world character to your city.

Quote from: nbvc on May 20, 2011, 10:43:05 AM
Nice city. :thumbsup:
Thanks a lot!

Quote from: bat on May 24, 2011, 05:26:37 AM
Fantastic looking city there!
And the interchange is looking great, too. :thumbsup:
Thanks bat, glad you liked the interchange!

Quote from: apeguy on May 24, 2011, 10:57:04 AM
Nice use of trams and diagonal buildings in the city centre, and the parclo interchange is good too. I see the new version of the RHW is coming along nicely, I hope those 5-lane bridges are included with it. ;D

Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:
Thanks, glad you liked the different transit stuff and the diagonals! I'm also really hoping those wide RHW bridges will be in the next release as well, but unfortunately that bridge has a pretty substantial problem with it still. Fingers crossed  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Ol.S / Benoit on May 24, 2011, 11:41:37 AM
Amazing ! Your network is perfect, so much work on it, Tram, El train, RHW... such a long work to make it realistic like that :)
Thanks so much! There's definitely a lot of work and some frustration put into making that transit network and it's very nice when people notice!

Quote from: Sciurus on May 25, 2011, 09:39:05 AM
Wonderful!! &apls &apls &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:
Thanks a lot Giullaume!! Great to hear!

Quote from: Yan077 on May 28, 2011, 02:49:40 AM
I agree, excellent pictures, and that interchange is very impressive  :o

&apls &apls
Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it!

Quote from: io_bg on May 28, 2011, 02:57:34 AM
Love the RHWs as well as the bridge :thumbsup: &apls
Thanks Ioan! Maybe I should do more with that bridge soon after all....

Also, be sure to check out my new and relatively simple, but hopefully useful, tutorial found in my signature.

Tomas Neto

Terring7

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

art128

Nice update!  Can't wait for more !  &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

bat

That's a beautiful shot of that train! Nice work!

Rayden

Nice teaser, I know that train, seen it somewhere $%Grinno$%

About your tutorial, very clever approach, I have to try it out as I usual have that problem. :thumbsup:

kelis

Another stunning pic ! Great job my friend  &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

noahclem

Has it really been six months?!
In honor of the occasion, which I just remembered, I plan on releasing some additional material over the next few days. I hope you find it to your liking!

Hello all and welcome to Siilijoki's luckiest update! Not a lot of game time lately as my girlfriend and I hosted her Master's graduation party this weekend. I've been spending more time cooking, cleaning, spending time with friends, and drinking beer than playing SC4--guess it could be worse  ::)  Anyway, a few days later than intended, here's what I have for you:

99% of my work since last time has been in the same tile, Igelstadt. Ironing out the kinks in my networks, now mainly rail and water, has preoccupied a good chunk of time while trying to get the buildings I want to grow, plopping buildings where necessary (esp. diagonals), and getting my demand, population, etc where I want it has taken up the rest of my time.

The fruit of my recent labor is that the old core of Igelstadt is now largely showable! This area is perhaps the core of Igelstadt, the market between the old church, the main park, the largest shopping center, and numerous other beautiful historic buildings.

I'm quite happy with how the area turned out but as it's my first attempt at lotting a market area I'd love any advice or feedback on how to do so better.

We'll go back to the core in the 2nd half of this update's final mosaic which features several screenshots of the area--and of course more in a later update.

Next up is an area closer to the Siilijoki border along Igelstadt's "transit aorta" (roughly parallel Tram-in-Ave, 6-lane motorway, and passenger and freight rail). This is looking east-northeast, closer to the Siilijoki border than the old city. My recent diagonal pictures were taken just further down the road to the old city from here (right in picture).

13.2 - Day

13.3 - Night

As mentioned earlier, I've been doing some messing around with waterways in Igelstadt. My plan is to have a system of oxbow lakes and recreational canals lined with parks, forests, docks, beaches, and upscale housing. Besides this being an exciting project I have an ulterior motive: Igelstadt is a large tile with very little water originally and I figure the more water, the less buildings & props, the less lag in the game whenever it finally fills up. Here's what we have from the very start of that project:

These mid- and high-rise residences feature panoramic views of lakes and canals as well as the Old City, which lies only 200-300 meters north of here (from bottom right corner). The area is excellently served by trains (visible at bottom), trams, and Igelstadt's central par-clo interchange (partially visible at top-right)

13.4 - And the view at night isn't bad either

Immediately south of here from the same viewing angle

The last of the water segment of the update, this picture is from further south, almost to the next motorway exit.

The image is taken from the tutorial in my signature and a can't be created without it or something similar. Sorry for the shameless plug  :D

Finally, I've prepared a large, lucky mosaic--13 screen shots for the 13th update. This mosaic is a cross-section of central Igelstadt, from the opposite side of the parclo through the old city (most interesting details in second half). As with almost every picture from this update the top is west-southwest.

I hope you've enjoyed the 13th update of Siilijoki and please take the time to let me know what you think!

Constructive criticism is especially welcome as it's much easier to improve when you're told how  ;)

Quote from: Tomas Neto on May 31, 2011, 12:48:36 PM
Very nice teaser Noah!!!   :thumbsup:
Thank you very much Tomas and congratulations again on Vale Paulista's 2nd birthday!  :party:

Quote from: Terring7 on May 31, 2011, 01:04:22 PM
I second that :)
Thank you and congratulations again on this month's OSITM!  &apls

Quote from: art128 on June 01, 2011, 04:15:30 AM
Nice update!  Can't wait for more !  &apls
Thanks a lot Arthur, hope you enjoyed this one! Heads up, just finished a new R$ neighborhood last night...

Quote from: bat on June 01, 2011, 10:11:51 AM
That's a beautiful shot of that train! Nice work!
Thank you very much and congatulations again on your OSITM as well!

Quote from: Rayden on June 01, 2011, 01:58:58 PM
Nice teaser, I know that train, seen it somewhere $%Grinno$%

About your tutorial, very clever approach, I have to try it out as I usual have that problem. :thumbsup:
Haha, the train does seem a bit familiar! I just love the new freight cars. Thanks for checking out the tutorial and letting me know what you think--it's great to know I didn't write it just for myself and I hope it can be of use to you.

PS, Igelstadt's mayor has been pondering building a new lakeside home....

Quote from: kelis on June 01, 2011, 03:30:57 PM
Another stunning pic ! Great job my friend  &apls
Thanks so much friend, glad you liked it!

rooker1

Great update. 
You have given me a great idea that I would have never come up with.  Thanks in advance cause I'll be trying it out later today in my city. ;)

Robin  &apls
Call me Robin, please.

peter007

Some stunning pics.
Congrats on your 1/2 year's birthday

-Ernst

TimberHawk

WOW!!!! I like your city journal!

Great job!

bat

Congrats on 6 months of your MD! :thumbsup:
Some wonderful pictures of Igelstadt!
Great mosaic, too. :thumbsup:

Reikhardt

Great update, I especially like your use of Simfox's trees, nicely laid out and not too repetitive.  &apls