• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Siilijoki

Started by noahclem, December 07, 2010, 06:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aragornjdl

Just discovered your MD, great work! &apls I particularly like the beaches and riverfront areas. The way you've left a good deal of undeveloped, forested land seems quite realistic.

I do have a question. The seawalls seen all through update 11, are they custom or did you find them somewhere? I couldn't find explicit mention of this in your earlier replies, perhaps I missed it.

Skimbo

The Dragon Island Cities journal at SC4Devotion

For a Dragon Islands video click here

Tomas Neto

kwakelaar

Your mosaic looks great, the camera angle works perfect like you have done it.

Nanami

bat

All pictures are great. :thumbsup:
Really nice work on your city. :thumbsup:
And looking forward to more... ;)

Exla357

I just discovered this MD, and read through the whole thing in 20 minutes, and I must say I'm amazed &apls I love that your cities have a "homemade" touch to them, if you know what I mean. I also love that you always put in a fair share of road/railgeekery updates :). Awaiting the next update with much anticipation, and I'm sorry I didn't discover you MD till now. Keep it up, my friend, and as Nardo69 would say, "Always make backups!"  :thumbsup:

Kevin1a

Excellent attention to detail.  I like the way your developments seem to fit into the landscape.  After this reply, I'll be subscribed to the thread, so expect me to pop in more often.

kelis

Excellent work my friend, Keep up the good work  &apls &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

canyonjumper

I'm looking forward to seeing the full update, it looks like it'll be great ;D

Your friend,
                                  Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

peter007

Nice interchange. When do you have your next update?

-Ernst

noahclem

I'm still alive!!! And I hope the same thing can be said for this MD  &hlp

It's been awhile and I apologize. Although I've put quite a lot of work into SC4 since I last posted I've been trying to follow the philosophy of "if you're not sure it's ready it's probably not ready" and that has led me to avoid posting. I'm in the later stages of getting an update I'm very excited about together but wanted to throw out a quick teaser and replies. You should hear back from me again within the next couple days...  /&HiPP/%

A view of my newest tile, Igelstadt:

And a teaser pic from a couple hundred meters down the motorway:

Evillions8 - Glad to hear the pleasure wasn't all mine ;)

Tomas Neto
- Hey, thanks so much for the huge complement Tomas! I hope you like the new area I'm developing here!

canyonjumper - Thanks a lot Jordan! That concrete median on the ave-2 was just an accident but I guess it does fit the area ok....

io_bg - Thanks Ioan! Good point on the police station--I placed it figuring that the area would fill in with midrise or highrise buildings but they've yet to materialize. Thanks for the suggestion that I develop the bridge and interchange area, I hope you like the result (when I show it--this reply was written over a month ago)!

cubby420 - Thanks Andrew! All will be made clear (later sorry  ::) )!

Girafe - Thanks! Inserting birch trees now...

aragornjdl - Thanks a lot and welcome to Siilijoki!

Skimbo
- Thanks a lot!

Tomas Neto
(2) - Thank you!

kwakelaar - Thanks, glad you like the mosaic and its angle!

976 - Thanks, glad you like the way I did the shorelines!

bat - I really appreciate the compliment and hope you enjoy what I've put together for this update!

Exla357 - Welcome to Siilijoki and thanks for the very kind words! I've thrown in a little road/rail-geekery for this update as well and I think I backed up my region the same day your post reminded me!

Kevin 1a - Welcome to Siilijoki to you as well! Thanks a lot for the compliment and subscription and I look forward to seeing more of you around here!

kelis - Thanks so much, I'm really glad you've liked what you see here!

canyonjumper (2)
- Thank you! I hope you enjoy this update, although it's not quite what I had intended it to be....

peter007 - Thanks!! hopefully tomorrow....

Skimbo

Oh, wha doo I see here?

I like the first teaser pic, a well done Euro-city =)
The Dragon Island Cities journal at SC4Devotion

For a Dragon Islands video click here

Tomas Neto

Great see your return, and fantastic work in your teaser!!!   :thumbsup:

bat

It's nice to see two new pictures here!
Great work on them.
And looking forward to more... ;)

noahclem

SIILIJOKI XII

Welcome to Igelstadt!

19 May 2011

The last month has been a busy one, both for me and for Siilijoki. After quite a bit of work in other parts of the Siilijoki region I decided Igelstadt would be the best site for the next update. Igelstadt consists of the tile south and slightly east of Siilijoki proper and south and slightly west of Pohjanmaa. Although the areas shown today are geographically closer to Pohjanmaa the dominant transit links of the area radiate outward from the city center of Siilijoki. A large motorway, high-capacity passenger and freight rail links and a tramline, as well as smaller roads, link to Siilijoki while a tramline and a high-speed avenue link to Pohjanmaa. Igelstadt's location and transit networks can be seen in the map below, outlined in yellow.

The core of Igelstadt is the old town center whose original inhabitants were German immigrants. The town's name is dedicated to my brother and taken from his most recent SimCity city and to the SC4D German community.

12.2 - This image is taken near the edge of the old center:

12.3 - In addition to historic wall-to-wall commercials, many rowhouses are located in the old city center.

12.4 - Most of the other residential areas are more suburban. The area near the tri-municipality border is more affluent than most.

The area between Iglestadt center and the Siilijoki border is dominated by major transitways and built-up areas around them. My previous teaser picture and picture contest entry was taken from this area.
12.5 - This area is right next to that one:

In addition to that avenue and tramway, a large freeway and a railway run parallel through this area. The fun thing is that it's all diagonal  ;D 
12.6 - Here you can see a cross-section of this transport aorta:

Since I included part of Iglestadt's main interchange in my teaser I suppose I better show it. I'll go into more detail later (motorway update soon maybe?)
12.7 - Here's an overview for now:

Perfect par-clo? I'm very happy with the result  :satisfied:

And while I'm living up to earlier commitments I might as well address the North Siilijoki Motorway Project. It's not defunct but will be on hold for awhile. This is the result of a combination of my bridges mysteriously exploding with extra superstructure after being perfectly fine for weeks (apparently they're not public yet for a reason  ;) ) and the inclusion in the area of certain things that perhaps are best not shown here yet  ()flamdev()

12.8 - I can show you this however, which I made several weeks ago. Combining it with the last NSMP teaser reveals the layout of the interchange immediately across the river from central Siilijoki.

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting and I hope you enjoyed the latest edition of Siilijoki!  &dance

And of course, thanks to:

bat - Thanks a lot! Glad you liked the new pictures I'm glad to have some new ones to show!

Tomas Neto - Thank you very much Tomas! I'm happy to be returning  ;)

Skimbo - Thanks a lot, glad you like that picture! I was very happy with it as well.

Reikhardt

Great update Noah, As always great work with the roadways.
I really love that water in picture 12.6  &apls  &apls

kelis

The picture 12.5 it's just amazing my friend, Great job  &apls &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Tomas Neto

Aaron Graham

Great Job, I like this city and you have a lovely tram system, I need to use them in my cities, and the lake look beautiful  Keep it up. &apls
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy