• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Adara - Update 184 - March 26, 2012

Started by Battlecat, February 10, 2009, 06:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metarvo

Good work on the golf course improvements, Battlecat!  It's always good to see someone build to scale in spite of the game's limitations.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

supremec

Click on the banner to see my BATs

canyonjumper

Looking great Battlecat! Have fun in Seattle ;D

Your friend,
                           Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

peter007

Great update.
The golf cour@ is looking spectecular.

-Ernst

Battlecat

Sam (samerton): Thanks very much, I'm happier with it as well.  I'm looking forward to finishing it in the future.

noachelm: I did indeed, thanks very much for pointing the issues out!

Reikhardt: Thanks very much!

Raphael (RickD): Thanks, glad to hear it made a difference in your view!

bat: Thanks very much!

metarvo: It's one of my major goals.  Obviously it's never going to be perfect but I can try to get close at least!

supremec: Thanks!

Jordan (canyonjumper): Thanks very much!

Update 158
Dunster Bend – River Wrap Up

Sorry for the delay in today's update!  Life happened once again delaying my update until now.  But here we are, ready to go.  Today I'm going to put the finishing touches on Dunster Bend.  All that's left is the river shore!

158-1: This is the shoreline I'm working on this time.  I'm switching to a different style from the Greenwood tile based on feedback. 

158-2: First up is a touch of fine scale details.  In this case, the power lines and right of way details.

158-3: After some thought, I've decided a regional trail network is not unreasonable.  It makes up for the absence of true dike structures which would be present throughout a low lying region like this. 

158-4: Here's another shot of the trail near the small island. 

158-5: The next step is the detailing.  I just kind of flailed about trying to find a pleasing appearance so I don't have any in progress pictures.  I hope the results speak for themselves though. 

158-6: And another shot of the area. 

158-7: And finally the island.  I envision the channel here acting as a debris trap.  Material gets washed in here and is trapped as the flood recedes. 

158-8: It's a short update today but such is life sometime.  Here is the final zoom 1 composite for Dunster Bend.  As always, click for a larger version

That's all for today.  See you next time for the regional composites and some discussion about where Adara is heading next. 

bat

Very nice overview of Dunster Bend.
Also nice images of it.
Looking forward to more...

mave94

RL always comes first.
Duster Bend is looking very nice now. The shoreline looks very realistic.
I'm eager to see what's next!
Lehman Valley, perhaps, as you suggested a few months ago?

-Matthijs :thumbsup:

Reikhardt

Very nice work with the shoreline and pathway! I love the use of the Pasture Pack straw, looks great!  &apls

canyonjumper

Looks great Battlecat! Looking forward to where you decide to go next!

Your friend,
                                Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

TiFlo

Long time no post from me Battlecat. I apologize for that.

Beautiful update as usual; your riverfront is especially very inspiring. I'm looking forward to discovering where you're going next.  :)

io_bg

Fantastic detailing of the shore. And the overview is awesome. Sorry for missing so many updates :D
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

nedalezz

Yet again gorgeous!

No matter if you are working with the ploppable water or real water - you do a majestic job in either case. There is just so much to learn from you!

Your overview shot is, as always, beautiful.

marsh

Beautiful work on that shoreline. It's very realistic.  :)

,marsh

kwakelaar

The detailing of the shore is looking excellent, especially liked the last shot of the debris trap.

Schulmanator

Nice job detailing the flora... looks great  &apls
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Battlecat

bat: Thanks!

Matthijs (MrMAvE94): Thanks very much, glad you like the shoreline.  Also, good call on what's coming next.  Lehman Valley will indeed be my primary focus.

Reikhardt: Thanks, I'm pleased with the results as well.  I like how the straw gives the feel of scrubby sparse grasses.

Jordan (canyonjumper): Thanks very much!

TiFlo: No worries, glad you're still poking around!  Thanks for your kind words as always!

io_bg: Thanks very much for your kind words!  No worries about missing updates, life happens to all of us!

nedalezz: Thanks!  Hope you enjoy today's overview shots as well!

marsh: Glad you like it!

Gjermund (kwakelaar): Thanks very much, I'm particularly pleased with the debris trap as well. 

Schulmanator: Thanks!

Update 159
Dunster Bend – Regional Context

If it hadn't been for one thing after another this week, I would have posted this on Thursday and then had a look at the new tile today.  But life happened, so here we are.  Today we get to see Dunster Bend in place in the world and the higher zoom composite image as well!   

159-1: Let's get today's update started off with a bang.  As you know, over the course of this tile I've been posting regular composite images.  Today we get the payoff.  Below is an animated GIF image showing the progress of development and detailing in Dunster Bend.  A larger version can be found here on my website although it is 20 mb in size.  It took a bit of work to put together but it was easier than I expected.

159-2: Second on the list is the zoom 2 composite image of the Dunster Bend tile.  As always, click the image below to load the full sized version. 

159-3: Next we have the zoom 1 regional composite image.  Dunster Bend has been added.  Click it to load the full sized version (3 mb). 

159-4: And finally to wrap things up, the zoom 2 regional composite.  This one as always is a monster.  You can click it to download the full sized version.  It shouldn't open in your browser and I don't recommend it due to the increasing size of this image (14 mb).  Due to limitations on my personal web space I will only be able to retain the most recent regional composite.

That's all for today.  I plan to introduce Lehman Valley next week but I also don't plan on limiting myself to that tile.  I may begin introducing other tiles and getting them started as an aside just as a break when I feel like working on other things.  I'll still be focusing on a primary tile but I'll also be started on some others as interested dictates. 

That's a wrap for today.  See you next time!

mave94

Ohh, Battlecat, this is so nice! Very well done :thumbsup:

TiFlo

Sweet! A gigantic 14mb treat! Thanks!

*goes back into lurking mode*

io_bg

Awesome overviews, everything is so detailed and realistic! :thumbsup: &apls
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

travismking

those composites are AMAZING! I especially like the zoom 2 composite, never realized adara wasnt completely rural, maybe Ill have to check back through the other 80+ pages I havent read to see the city being built :)  I get a lot of my inspiration for rural areas from Adara, Thank you for your inspiration :)