• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Adara - Update 184 - March 26, 2012

Started by Battlecat, February 10, 2009, 06:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samerton

More beautiful pictures from Adara! Amazing.

canyonjumper

Wow, that's coming along great! I can't wait to see more!

Your friend,
                       Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

turtle

Wow, awesome developments here  &apls
Congrats on making the HoF - I voted for ya  :)
My name is Thomas...

eldaldo

It's been a while since I commented, but I realy love the work you do.  Your farms inspire me!

huntingfire

Every update is a tutorial !
Your MD is certainly much more than a diary !

Tomas Neto

Yeah, my friend, fantastic again!!! Nice update!!!  :thumbsup:

Battlecat

io_bg: Thanks very much!

Yann (Yan077): Thanks!  And congratulations to you as well!  I certainly hope to be updating this for a long time. 

Matthijs (MrMAvE94): Thanks!  I wouldn't hold my breath too long for the big city considering how long it takes me to build one tile lately!  But it is out there and I have a location chosen for it.  The bench plops are from one of Pegasus' forest scene packs.  I can't locate the separate pack, but there's a kit available here that contains that plugin. Thanks for stopping in! 

samerton: Glad you like them, thanks for stopping in!

Jordan (canyonjumper): Thanks!

turtle: Thanks very much, glad you're still around! 

eldaldo: Thanks very much!

huntingfire: I'm glad you're enjoying the MD!  Interesting thought, I guess I do write more of a tutorial approach than anything.  Thanks for stopping in!

Tomas Neto: Thanks!

Update 150
Dunster Bend – Detailing Day

150 updates today!  It's hard to believe I've been working at this for so long.  Sadly, due to life issues I have nothing special to offer today but I did blitz another swath of detailing today.

150-1: First up today is this section of shoreline.  For a change of pace I'll be doing some before and after shots. 

150-2: First up is this area.  Here's the before shot.

150-3: And then here's the same area after the shoreline details were added.

150-4: Moving down the shore a bit, here's the before shot. 

150-5: And after. 

150-6: Next, this is a wide shot of the area taken during the early fall.  A few trees are just starting to show color.

150-7: Here is the simulator chooses neighbourhood.  A few mansions have moved in, but not a huge number yet.

150-8: Next I applied a quick batch of details to the farms.  I like how this area turned out. 

150-9: And here's an overview of this block of farms.

150-10: Next up is this block of shoreline.  I straightened out the railway here.  It'll make an idea I'm pondering easier to add later.  Also there were multiple comments about the numerous S-Curves that were in this area before.

150-11: Hey it's another before shot.  I just outlined the area with gravel first.  It's always good to avoid straight lines on natural shorelines.  Straight is reserved for shores with artificial modifications.

150-12: Here's the same area after applying the rest of the details.

150-13: And one more area down at the railway curve.

150-14: I added a little meadow in this area just for something different.

150-15: Here's a quick wide shot of the lake as it stands now.  The lakeshore is very close to being complete now. 

150-16: And just to wrap things up, another composite image.  I actually have plans for these images when I wrap up the tile.  It's actually kind of amazing looking at this and realizing just how much is left to do. 

And that's a wrap!  See you all next time!   

samerton

Wow! Very nice rural areas, and great housing areas too! &apls

mave94

Nice detailling again!
Thanks for the link, I'll have a look at it ::)

-Matthijs

canyonjumper

I like the shoreline detailing this time around! Great job!

Your friend,
                              Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

Tomas Neto

Awesome rural area and shoreline too!!! Amazing work!!!  :thumbsup:

noahclem

Great updates! It's nice to see you going back to the farms, you do such a great job with them! The shorelines and rails continue to impress and I wish you the best of luck getting those mansions growing!  ;)

RickD

150 great updates and I hope there will be at least 150 more.  ;)
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Jayster

Very nice! Sorry I've missed the last few updates, looking forward to the completion of this tile!

Jayster

penguin007

Another lovely update as usaul I love how the lake is shaping up!! Can't believe how long you are spending on this tile either such attention to detail!!

Will

cubby420

Excellent detailing as always. Congrats on your promotion to the HOF by the way...very deserved  ;D

huntingfire

Truly, since seeing your MD, I rework my rural "city" and doing a lot of experiments with various downloads such as water.
;)

kwakelaar

Let me start off with congratulations on entering the HoF, which is really well deserved. It has been a joy to follow this MD through all its updates and the see how you have managed to make something that is quite unique.
And the last updates are of equal quality with a high level of detailing, I think a inspiration to us all.

Gjermund/Kwakelaar

Battlecat

Sam (samerton): Thanks very much!

MrMAvE94: Nifty, I hope that helps!  I use a lot of stuff from Peg's detail packs to supplement the rural renewal pack.

Jordan (canyonjumper): Thanks very much, glad you liked it.  I'll be polishing off the lake today. 

Tomas Neto: Thanks!

noahclem: I enjoy the farming as well, but I also like a wide variety of details.  Thanks for your thoughts!   

RickD: I certainly hope there will be 150 more as well!  Thanks for your support all this time! 

Jayster: Thanks!  No worries, glad you're still stopping in!

Will (penguin007): The attention to detail is partly just a factor of how little time I've had to play lately.  Since I can't cover vast swaths of terrain in one update, I've been getting a lot of pleasure in the details.  Glad you're enjoying it though, thanks for stopping by!

cubby420: Thanks very much for your kind words and congratulations! 

huntingfire: Very glad you are finding your visits here inspiring!  Thanks for stopping in! 

Gjermund (kwakelaar): Thanks very much for the kind congrats!  I'm glad you're continuing to enjoy your visits to Adara.  Some of the attention to detail is actually inspired by your work in Andau, except that I have no ability with the Bat!  Thanks for stopping in!

Update 151
Dunster Bend – Dunster Lake Complete

This week was absolutely nuts but in spite of difficulties I managed to finish up the lake on the Dunster Bend tile.  Here we go! 

151-1: First up, this area is the south edge of the urban area.  Just a few more buildings will polish this up.

151-2: A few more mansions should eventually grow here to wrap up the high wealth hillside. 

151-3: Here's a quick look at the neighbourhood.  A couple corner stores and gas stations.

151-4: Next up is the wrap up of the lake.  It's hard to see but these culverts actually drop significantly in elevation from the high side to the low side.  The culverts are place to limit the lake height.  On the low side of the culvert is a large pool and then some fun detailing that will be done another day.

151-5: The edge of the railway here is set back further from the lake.  I'll be making some alterations to add a bit of extra detail to the railway soon as well. 

151-6: Here's a wide shot of the lake as  it looks now.  I really like how the road network turned out in this town! 

151-7: I also added some more trees to the mountainside.  Despite the relatively small changes, here is a new composite.  As always you can click for a larger version. 

That's all for this week!  See you next time!

Tomas Neto

The lake is very well done, and the area around it also is developing very fast!!!  Nice area, on this city!!!