• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

belfastsocrates

Quote from: mgb204 on September 12, 2015, 03:27:28 PM

"z3_MRTNRLN_EuroTextures_RTL_Avenue_UKoldNAM_LHD"

I don't have that file in my cosmetic folder or anywhere else in my plugins  &mmm

When I draw an avenue interchange that has nothing bordering it is drawn correctly in the LHD format, not sure if that info helps. I also tested it with other zones;

Low Density Residential - RHD Lanes
Low Density Residential - LHD Lanes
Low Density Residential - LHD Lanes

Low Density Commercial- RHD Lanes
Low Density Commercial- LHD Lanes
Low Density Commercial- LHD Lanes

All industry  - RHD Lanes

Lots/buildings - RHD Lanes

A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

belfastsocrates

Sorry for the double post but I was able to remove the problem, albeit with a slight issue.

I moved the z_LeftHandDriveSupport folder from the z_NAM folder and renamed it z______LeftHandDriveSupport so it would be one of the last folders to load and the lane issue is now resolved. They appear on the LHD side for all zones and lots. The only issue is the small strip of grass which appears for low density zoning and lots but I can look at that later and it's not annoying me too much.

EDIT

I moved your No Grass Ave Mod mgb204 so it loads after the z______LeftHandDriveSupport folder and I now have the lanes on the LHD side and the strip of grass removed. I've lost the red/white texture but to honest I rather like the plain sandstone alternative.

I know there's probably a texture conflict somewhere in my plugins that resulted in the initial problem but I'm happy I have resolved this for the time being, thank you all for your help. I wouldn't have known to move folders to attempt to resolve it :)

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

mgb204

I could make a set compatible with the Old UK TuLEPs (red markings) should you prefer them, I didn't know of their existence before your post.

belfastsocrates

That's very kind R but I rather like the sandstone, it's more subtle than the red/white I think and looks good.

I was going to ask you about the zebra crossing though. Do you know of a way to have the median change to sandstone and override the planting?

mgb204

Odd you mention that, I was working on such a thing the other day and ran into the same problem. For some reason the T21's still appear on the TE'd avenue lot, I noticed the same behaviour with the RTMT lots too. The only workaround I can think of is creating the crossing as a puzzle piece, not an easy task and one requiring a customised NAM controller too.

belfastsocrates

Hmmmmm

Would dragging a one-way road through each side and connecting the avenue in such a fashion work? I might give that a go later.

mgb204

Yes it would, although the Zebra crossing would need to be TE'd for OWR instead, plus you get a texture transition between Ave and OWR that's a little unsightly. Bear in mind OWR TE lots need to reference paths, the normal TE procedure would not work, although you can reference pre-existing paths from the NAM so at least they don't need creating.

I've got additional diagonal road, street and OWR zebras in development, I had decided perhaps I wouldn't bother with the Ave in the end, since it's for busy roads perhaps Zebra crossing's are not the best fit.

belfastsocrates

That's true, a signalled crossing is probably much safer and appropriate.

Podesta

I'm using NAM32 and I'm trying to create a circle (like a big roundabout), and I want to zone/build inside it. It is possible (but quite hard for me) to do it with the draggable roads. But I want to do it with an avenue, which are not yet draggable. The problem is, only the 45 degree curve have the FLEX model, that creates the sidewalks. There is no FLEX model for the 90 degree, and as far as I know, I can't make a circle with the 45 pieces. Is there any way to make what I want (big avenue circle with sidewalks)? Are there anyplace I can find the missing 90degree curve avenue FLEX?

eggman121

Hello Podesta

There are no Flex 90 degree bends as of such at this point in time. That will change in the future!

Since NAM 33 Pre-Release has been released there is limited help we can apply to NAM 32.

I will put this as a request for a future edition of the NAM!

-eggman121

mgb204

There are plenty of mods to put a sidewalk on the existing puzzle pieces, they are just textures afterall.

The best one is probably the Japanese NAM Facelift Mod, since it has pieces that adapt to whatever sidewalk is installed. Otherwise look for mods by Sithlrd98 on the STEX.

Podesta

Thanks! NAM Facelift mod (Found here: http://hide-inoki.com/bbs/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=800 ) did the job. It is not as good as FLEX, when it comes to unflattened terrain, but it's just what i wanted.

Mikey Knox

How can i edit the Base Texture of the Pedmalls? I have a Custom Sandstone Mod and i would like it to look nice with the Pedmalls. I cant seem to find them in the Lot Editor.

mgb204

Two solutions for custom sidewalks on transit networks include the link above, the Jap NAM Facelift mod. Otherwise I'd recommend checking this out too.

If you want to do it yourself, these are not lots, the game makes a distinction between two texture types, Transit textures and Lot textures. Transit textures are most easily changed by creating an override texture (with the correct colour-correction applied). These textures can be found in either "NetworkAddonMod_BaseContent.dat" or  "NetworkAddonMod_PedMalls.dat" found in the NetworkAddonMod folder if you want to look into that.

Mikey Knox

prodenborn

I'm having trouble figuring out how to drag the R3 45 degree curve for the RHW. Is there a diagram or easy explanation for how to drag this curve?

dyoungyn

I was really hoping this would have been addressed and fixed.  I really bugs me that HSR and Monorail (Bulet train) STILL cannot cross RHW 8S and above without the attached happening.  I just does not look complete.

dyoungyn

eggman121

Quote from: Imiona on November 27, 2015, 04:33:31 PM
4 Pieces of the ElRail has missing Textures

That is intended. The El Rail pieces there where not converted because of the tight Radii and dual double diagonal rail are not part of the RRW.

There will be an overhaul of the Rail Viaducts at some point however.

-eggman121

Tarkus

Quote from: dyoungyn on November 27, 2015, 02:50:52 PM
I was really hoping this would have been addressed and fixed.  I really bugs me that HSR and Monorail (Bulet train) STILL cannot cross RHW 8S and above without the attached happening.  I just does not look complete.

The Bullet Train situation is a very difficult one to fix, as there's tens of thousands of models and hundreds of T21s that are still operating on RHW 5.0 specs.  HSR's had some issues since there was an aborted attempt to update its code.  This particular one had never been reported or previously found to my knowledge. 

HSR is in a really weird spot developmentally, with some discussion of completely starting over with it, through the RealHSR project.  I'll take a look at a bandaid for it, but as it's a RUL situation, so there won't be a resolution until NAM 34.

Quote from: prodenborn on November 27, 2015, 12:27:00 PM
I'm having trouble figuring out how to drag the R3 45 degree curve for the RHW. Is there a diagram or easy explanation for how to drag this curve?

Yes.  Ganaram did a video a few months back on the Multi-Radius Curves.  It also exists in a Flex piece form under the RHW Curves button.

-Alex