• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Recording Wars

Started by metaknight919, April 03, 2012, 06:21:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

metaknight919

Not exactly sure where to put this but...

I am working on a PHP/MySQL-based browser game called Recording Wars, where you run a record label, either independent or under the support of a larger label. It's currently in the (very early) planning stages, however, here are some ideas I've come up for the game:

Royalty Manager: Sign royalty contracts with different services or places where your music is played. (example, maybe you can sign a royalty contract with a service like Spotify?).
Legal Department: This is where you control piracy, finalize contracts, etc.
Buy Out Labels: Suppose a well known label is having a few financial issues. You can offer to buy out part of or the whole label.
Dumping: So that album you thought would be the next thing didn't sell well at all. With this feature, you can dump the unsold albums in the desert. (Inspired by the supposed dumping of Atari 2600 games in the New Mexico desert when Atari had money troubles in 1983).
Distribution/CD Pressing Plants Become Larger: Every 10 years, with higher demand for albums, you can choose to upgrade your distribution or CD pressing plants.

Good idea? Give me your opinion. Mind you these are rough notes I've taken on ideas.