• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiftred

Ready for rush hour?

New industrial park.

bladeberkman

This one has definitely been done before, but I think this is the first with diagonal NAM transitions.  :)

New city under development.

art128

Anyone knows if this setup is possible?

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

eggman121

Hi Arthur (Art128)  :)

I have tried my hand on making the interchange you desire...

The diagonal crossing is a bit broken and should be fixed in due course. I can't give a timeline of course.

One alternative interchange is this one...

Hope this helps.

-eggman121 (Stephen)

Pythias900KMB

Eggman, just from looking at this (https://i.imgur.com/ysFtXp7.jpg), you should have taken a bit of time to get the RHW overrides right for the carriageways going under those fly-over ramps.

Now I shall offer up something . . .

Yeah, it looks like BladeBerkman's interchange; still, Everything aside from two of the left-turn ramps is elevated.

McDuell

Another idea, if you want to stay diagonal:

It's slightly bigger than your sketch though:

As for the diagonal RHW4 under the overpasses reverting to basic RHW2, I have a workaround for this problem. You have to resort to the deprecated diagonal RHW4 A1 ramp. Place it, then bulldoze the most part of it as shown in the picture below. This will leave you with a diagonal RHW4 starter piece.

- The diagonal RHW4 A1 ramp can be used to create an outer diagonal RHW4 starter piece (as shown above)
- The diagonal RHW4 B1 ramp can be used to create an inner diagonal RHW4 starter piece

- The diagonal RHW4 A1 or orthogonal RHW4 B1 ramp can be used to create a MIS starter piece (draw outwards from the starter)

Hope this also helps.

M.
----------------
It's redundant, it's redundant. (R.E. Dundant)
----------------

Haljackey

Medley of interchanges (currently) at the edge of town

Click for full size.

art128

Thanks for the ideas, Stephen and Mcduell. Yours is basically what i had in mind, McDuell.

If you have any other ideas of interchange for this kind of setup that isn't a trumpet, I'm all ears as well. :)

I shall now try to replicate it.

Props & Texture Catalog

McDuell

I haven't made many diagonal x diagonal interchanges (if this is the kind of setup you mean), and those I built are all similar in design and quite big, so it helps if space is not an issue.  :)

This one was done with RHW32 and was the base design for my two other ones.

These two interchanges are new (NAM36). They are bit smoother than the one before, but also use more space.

Here is a really old interchange (done with RHW5 or even RHW4) as a comparison. It's not really meant as an inspiration but more to show that back in those days, this was about as far as I ever got because of the limited possibilities. (Remember, this meant: no disconnector, no draggable diagonal crossings, only L2 elevated RHW, manually de-starterfying OWR2 to OWR1 connectors, ... $%Grinno$%)

M. (Markus)
----------------
It's redundant, it's redundant. (R.E. Dundant)
----------------

art128

Thanks for the advices again, guys.

I was able to replicate the diagonal trumpet nicely after countless hours of trying.

Props & Texture Catalog

mattb325

vinlabsc3k

Quote from: bladeberkman on February 13, 2018, 11:21:55 PM
Here's a simple trumpet interchange. I imagine this one has been done before...

Nice work! :thumbsup:
This is my typical setup for urban interchanges; in rural areas I use the overpass.
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

art128

Thanks. :)

Went and did two other T interchanges:

The first one is located between a small airport (left) and the border of the tile.
I'm sure it's possible to make those even more compact (keeping in mind i cannot dig) but so far I'm pretty happy to have managed those without any help.

Props & Texture Catalog

Gugu3

kelis

They look great Arthur !! Now you have to tell me where can I find those Mas71 seawalls !!! I want to use them as soon as possible  $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$%
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Seaman

Quote from: kelis on April 05, 2018, 10:49:49 AM
They look great Arthur !! Now you have to tell me where can I find those Mas71 seawalls !!! I want to use them as soon as possible  $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$%

I've searched for them quite a while, too. Then I finally gave up and went to a "can't find it..." thread. It's actually not a seawall set, but a river (or canal) set that goes along with ploppable water Lots... here's the core of the sets, but there are a bunch of addons for it...:
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1678