• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Trying to make Prop Families

Started by evarburg, July 27, 2018, 11:08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

evarburg

OK, so I got my ID rnge (thanks, MGB) and I printed the Jeronij tutorial as reconstitued with pictures by catty-b (thanks, catty-b !  :) ) It refers to an earlier version of the Reader (visually), but that shouldn't be a problem. I am following the steps, with CP benches ortho & diag from megaProps CP 1 -- I assumed that, for a trial run, one doesn't need to have a fixed number of exemplars per prop and that two is enough.

I first tried with exemplars from MJB megaprops 2. It should have worked, right ? But it didn't. So, as the look of the Reader was quite different from the look of the tutorial (there are FSH and SC3 and whatnot floating all around when you open the megaprops .dat), I decided to really emulate the tutorial : take CP megaprops. Which do open looking like n the tutorial. O....K.... (Does that mean that newer megaprops pack cannot be prop-familied ? Surely not, but not by me and not at this stage, I decided. So I went for CP.)

I managed to change the iid, reindexed, saved, all that. The tutorial says that (even before tinkering with Cohorts for names, which is where I bogged down anyway) the prop family "should be available in the lot editor, listed under the family iid." So, full of mad hope, I put the .dat in my Work plugins folder and open the L.E. Open a lot, first lot that shows up, and go to Prop Families.

Of course, mine does not show up at the proper iid place.

OK. What did I do wrong, now ? (I repeat that I scrupulously followed each step of the tutorial so far.)

Tyberius06

Hi!

EDIT: First, thanks to Erik (Vortext), Tariel/Evarburg's problem is solved now. The REP value in the Prop Family pop-up box was 0, that was the problem. Changing to that number manually to the amount of how many prop family has been added to the prop solved the issue (1 prop family Rep value is 1, two families 2 etc...).
About my problem with prop families appearance in LE: I tried a couple of things, shorten the families names in the cohort files, changed the folder structure etc... doesn't matter they show up in LE as you can see on the pictures below. In PIM-X I can see the changed prop families because they have shorter names as  I changed them, but in LE nothing has changed... Which is quite wierd, I guess... So I have no idea, what's going on with my prop families in LE...

So I ran into similiar problems with LE. Which is odd, because this is not the first time I made prop famillies, but I haven't met these kind of phenomenas. Well the problem on the other hand is, that I released Heretic Essentials with 96+8 prop families which are appearing and functioning properly in PIM-X and in game, but apparently they are not in LE. And I haven't tested in LE, because I'm not using LE too much, specially not for placing props (anymore)...
I wanted to test Tariel's (Evarburg) first prop family (I made the cohort file to name the family) and it's perfectly working in PIM-X as you can see on the first pic.

On the second picture you can see some of my families that they are showing up properly in the PIM-X

And on the thirt picture you can see what brown sauce  I got in LE. The re-IID'd props made by Tariel are appearing in the normal prop section with the other props, but they are not appearing on the lot or in the Prop Family Section. And my families are mixed up pretty badly as well... I got dozens of prop family with the same name in LE, which is not correct, specially if you campare that the marked and showed prop familes with R6, Orange and other TSC members furgon and truck props are in the last families in PIM-X from 0x5f85f25A to 0x5f85f25F and these families doesn't show up in the LE under their proper name, but show up  under one of the duplicated names.

Not to mention that interesting methood from the LE, that it wouldn't allow you to use larger props than your actual lot. For example first I started a 1x1 lot with Tariels benches as you can see on the PIM-X pictures, and when I load up this 1x1 lot into the LE in the prop Family section I couldn't see any of my train family props, because they are longer then 1 tile... when I modified the lot to 3x3, those train families did show up too, but not all of them and I got this mixed BS something...

So any help to understand what's going on would be appreaciated, because until I don't know I can't fix it, and atm most of my prop families can only be used with PIM-X and not with LE... What I can think of in my case, that the family names could be too long for the LE, but that doesn't explain why Tariel's prop family doesn't want to show up, even with empty plugin folder (well apart from maxis and the dependency files for that prop family)

Thanks in advance!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.