• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

A frustrating enigma about a highway T-interchange

Started by Pythias900KMB, January 05, 2018, 10:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pythias900KMB

Many salutations, everybody!!!  After a lengthy hiatus, I am back to playing SimCity 4 Deluxe after undertaking a trek of 22,176 feet to go retrieve my computer desk out of storage which makes me very very happy!  Anyway, the reason I am posting is because I want to try my hand at making T-interchanges complete with left-turn ramps along with right-turn ramps -- the former of which is giving me fits.  It was a real pain to finally get the L1 90-degree A1 FlexFly and the L2 90-degree A1 FlexFly into position . . . the first time ended up with me having to demolish and reposition the FlexFly so many times that the funds ran out complete with a C2D.  Just . . . ARGH!!!

At any rate, (indicates the attached screenshot) what should be my next move now that I have this?

mgb204

You can't have two overlapping FlexFly's, because the code to do it doesn't exist. This is because adding such support would entail so much RUL2 code to function that the NAM team are still trying to decide on the best way of implementing such setups. That may be some ways off and even then such support would likely have some limitations.

If you are getting CTDs, something is wrong somewhere, there is no reason why SC4 should be unstable if you've added the -CPUCount:1 switch and installed the SC4Fix.dll mod.

Some out there will tell you SC4 just crashes sometimes, that's simply not correct. If you are having such troubles, with the two aforementioned fixes, something is wrong in your plugins folder somewhere. If you need help on that, just let us know.

Pythias900KMB

That is very insightful, MGB; still, what are you suggesting that I do?  It was such a pain to get those FlexFly ramps to cooperate!

vortext

You can't build that tight and will have to make more space to accommodate the intersection. In general Id recommend that approach with RHW; take the initial estimated size * 1.5 and build it. Once everything is connected maybe see if you can save space.  ;)
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Seaman

Quote from: vortext on January 06, 2018, 08:18:33 AM
You can't build that tight

challenge accepted!

EDIT:
it was hard to match your terrain, but I think this one should resemble your layout quite nice:

PS: the missing branch wasn't in your pic, so I didn't include it. But If you need it. it should be no problem to add it quickly and tight...