• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Gizmo's Files

Started by Tarkus, April 17, 2017, 05:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

As many of you may know, the download section at Gizmo's personal site has been non-operational for many months now, at least since July 2016 (as noted in the LEX comments for jestarr's VW Automotive Factory).  As of this moment, the entire site is down, giving an SMF "Connection Problems" error.  Among the files at Gizmo's site are his EffDir mods--an area where he was a pioneer--his popular water flora set, and several vehicle prop sets that are among the most commonly-used dependencies not found on the LEX or STEX.

As part of efforts to ensure the continued accessibility and availability of content, the SC4D Staff has been informally following provisional guidelines to allow re-uploads of lost and orphaned files to the LEX, provided reasonable attempts at contact have been made, and the original creator has been given 3 months to respond.  I attempted to establish contact with Gizmo 3 months ago, back on January 17, 2017, via his website (while the non-download portion of the site was still operational).  I have not received a response.

At present, I do not possess all of Gizmo's files in their original packaging.  To that end, I would like to ask for your help to crowdsource his content, such that we can recover as much of his work as is possible.  The complete catalog of Gizmo's files from his former site, per the Catalog at City Builders, is as follows.  I have crossed out the ones I have copies of, and/or have obtained since the start of this thread.

• Amtrak-Train Props v2.0
  • BayLine-Train Props v3.0
  • BN-Train Props v4.0
  • CanadianPacificRail-Train Props v2.0
  • Civic-Vehicle Props v2.0 - in Tarkus collection
  • ConRail-Train Props v2.0
  • CSX-Train Props v3.0
  • Day-Night Mod v2.0  - in Tarkus collection
  • Effect_Props-v2.0  - in Tarkus collection
  • GroundFog-v1.0
  • Maxis Train Props v4.0
  • Misc-Train Props v9.0
  • NameBrand-Train Props v6.0
  • RioGrande-Train Props v4.0
  • RiverHaven-Train Props v10.0
  • RockyRoad-Train Props v2.0
  • SCC-Bus Props v2.0
  • SCC-Train Props v2.0
  • SIMMARS UI
  • SouthPacific-Train Props v2.0
  • StealthBomber UDI v2.0
  • ST-Member-Train Props v10.0
  • Street-RR Gate Replacement Mod
  • UnionPacific-Train Props v2.0
  • Vehicle Props v4.0  - in Tarkus collection, now on LEX
  • WaterFlora v2.0 - thanks to mattb325
  • Weather Effect Mod v1.0

Thank you in advance to any of you who can help in this preservation effort.

-Alex

Edit: Files now available on LEX

Gizmo Vehicle Props v4.0

mattb325

It's a shame to see it has all gone down. Attached is his 'WaterFloraV2' dat file.

Simmer2

Hi Alex.

Here is the entire collection. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8hg803m7oty9e8n/AAARVSLR1fB9kk46VUPgjpnaa?dl=0

Nick

PS I found an additional zip with 4 dats that predates that collection, not sure if it was superseded by the ones I linked.
Attached.
________________________________________________________________________________

Tarkus

Wow!  Thanks, Matt, for the water flora, and a huge thanks to you, Nick, for having the rest of everything at the ready.  It looks like we'll be able to get the whole collection up here, and have it in with the Dependency Tracker, too. :thumbsup:  Here's some well deserved k-points for both of you.

-Alex

twalsh102

Simmer 2 and Tarkus

The gizmo28_fahrzeugprops.zip download has been available on the SimCityKurier website for some time.  I have that as well as the original Vehicle Props V4.0 package (unzipped only) from gizmo's website before it went down, but I never compared the two. 

FWIW, a DataNode scan of the gizmo28_fahrzeugprops.zip, Vehicle Props v4.0, and the collection posted on Dropbox reveals the following:  all three versions of Vehicle Props v4.0 are the same; the other three DATs included in gizmo28_fahrzeugprops.zip (Maxis_Traincar_Props_E-V3.dat, Maxis_Traincar_Props_G-V3.dat, Vehicle_Props-V3.dat) have totally unique props (or at least unique IIDs) that aren't replicated elsewhere in the collection posted on Dropbox.

Andreas

I vaguely remember that I once asked gizmo28 if I could upload his props (they were basically the only ones that existed back then) to our German site, and I also vaguely remember that it is an outdated file, since the IDs were somehow changed in a newer release. Unfortuntely, I can't remember why that happened, and what happened to the old file (and the old lots that need the old package). Personally, I'd consider the pack at SimCityKurier as outdated, unless you want to use a really old lot that hasn't been updated to use the newer release. For legacy reasons, it might be convenient to provide this old pack as well, but it's probably better when people don't use it for assembling their own lots.
Andreas

FrankU

Hi Alex,

I found the Weather Effect Mod v1.0 in my backup folder. I sent you a PM with a downloadlink.
Good that these files will be available again for everyone.

Frank

NCGAIO

From my file

Civic-Vehicle Props v2.0.zip
Day-Night Mod v2.0.zip
Effect_Props-v2.0.zip
GroundFog-v1.0.zip
groundfog-v1.zip
SCC-Bus Props v2.0.zip
SIMMARS UI.zip
StealthBomber UDI v2.0.zip
Street-RR Gate Replacement Mod.zip
Vehicle Props v4.0.zip
WaterFlora v2.0.zip
Weather Effect Mod v1.0.zip
Amtrak-Train Props v2.0.zip
BayLine-Train Props v3.0.zip
BN-Train Props v4.0.zip
CanadianPacificRail-Train Props v2.0.zip
ConRail-Train Props v2.0.zip
CSX-Train Props v3.0.zip
Maxis Train Props v4.0.zip
Misc-Train Props v9.0.zip
NameBrand-Train Props v6.0.zip
RioGrande-Train Props v4.0.zip
RiverHaven-Train Props v10.0.zip
RockyRoad-Train Props v2.0.zip
SCC-Train Props v2.0.zip
SouthPacific-Train Props v2.0.zip
ST-Member-Train Props v10.0.zip
UnionPacific-Train Props v2.0.zip

https://www.4shared.com/zip/odtCpAnGei/Gizmo_General.html

https://www.4shared.com/zip/kk5E7do7ca/Gizmo_image.html

https://www.4shared.com/zip/jpePULWxca/Gizmo_trains.html

NC.

FrankU

Great! A hurray for NCGAIO  &apls  :thumbsup:  :bnn:

Tyberius06

Hi!

Sorry to bumping up this topic, but I found Gizmo's page to be working at this moment perfectly. I accidently went there while I was looking for some dependencies some of NCD's old lots from STEX and after a short and really fast registration I found the download page and could download everything.

I just wanted to let anyone know, that at this moment his site and the files are available on the SimCity 4 Mods - Download Center page.

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

AsimPika3172

Reviving this thread!  :bnn:

Thanks for revive all Gizmo files!  :thumbsup:

Is time for download all of them!!!   :D
I loves Sim City forever!

AsimPika3172

Quote from: NCGAIO on April 18, 2017, 09:28:03 PM
From my file

Civic-Vehicle Props v2.0.zip
Day-Night Mod v2.0.zip
Effect_Props-v2.0.zip
GroundFog-v1.0.zip
groundfog-v1.zip
SCC-Bus Props v2.0.zip
SIMMARS UI.zip
StealthBomber UDI v2.0.zip
Street-RR Gate Replacement Mod.zip
Vehicle Props v4.0.zip
WaterFlora v2.0.zip
Weather Effect Mod v1.0.zip
Amtrak-Train Props v2.0.zip
BayLine-Train Props v3.0.zip
BN-Train Props v4.0.zip
CanadianPacificRail-Train Props v2.0.zip
ConRail-Train Props v2.0.zip
CSX-Train Props v3.0.zip
Maxis Train Props v4.0.zip
Misc-Train Props v9.0.zip
NameBrand-Train Props v6.0.zip
RioGrande-Train Props v4.0.zip
RiverHaven-Train Props v10.0.zip
RockyRoad-Train Props v2.0.zip
SCC-Train Props v2.0.zip
SouthPacific-Train Props v2.0.zip
ST-Member-Train Props v10.0.zip
UnionPacific-Train Props v2.0.zip

https://www.4shared.com/zip/odtCpAnGei/Gizmo_General.html

https://www.4shared.com/zip/kk5E7do7ca/Gizmo_image.html

https://www.4shared.com/zip/jpePULWxca/Gizmo_trains.html

NC.

Your 4shared link was... DELETED???  :crytissue:

Sunset_baby

Quote from: AsimPika3172 on August 02, 2018, 06:31:27 AM
Your 4shared link was... DELETED???  :crytissue:

Well, as mentioned by Tyberius in the post above yours - Gizmo's page is back up and running.
Don't cry.. the beans have not been spilled  ???

AsimPika3172

OK! I registered Gizmo website as.... same name.... AsimPika3172:thumbsup:
Is time for download from Gizmo website!  :bnn: &apls

bryan1998

Sorry for the thread revive, but... his site is dead again.  I get a 404 error on that page.

pressus

Gizmo collection.zip is on dropbox, as simmer2 previously wrote  ;)
Sorry guys, I'll be here next week, so good luck!

Tyberius06

As an alternative source, you can find them here:

Tyberius's Gizmo Files Google DriveAll the files have been rehosted on SC4Evermore

The best would be a contact to Gizmo, what happened with his site and if he agrees to bring his files to the LEX under his account.

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.

Tarkus

Since Gizmo's site has not come back, and has only been intermittently operational since 2016, the remaining files are now on the LEX, and can be found here.  They have all been transferred to his account here (gizmo28).

-Alex

Tyberius06

Thanks Alex!

Shall I keep the back-up files as is? Or I shall remove those files from their current location in my google drive account, so the link won't be valid anymore.

- Tyberius

gizmo28

Hi, my site had to go.  I got really sick and could not afford to pay for it anymore, still cant due massive debt from being in hospital, I have a backup from just before it went offline for good, I'll go through it and eventually add all the missing stuff as it should of existed if any here to my account here, maybe ill get back into modding  the game, if i can get all the stuff to work on win 10 without issues (already know i will need a new copy of the game since mine was cd based), not promising anything though.

Looking at whats added under my account seems some stuff is missing for sure, ill add the files when i get chance.