• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Replace building in PIM-X LE

Started by bradf_50, July 10, 2013, 07:51:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bradf_50

Hey all

OK just started working with PIM-X a couple of days ago. I'm trying to find where you can replace the building in this new LE.

I read the user guide and I don't see where it is mentioned about changing the building.

TIA

Brad

vortext

Hi, welcome to SC4D!  :)

Good to hear you started using the PIM-X as it's far better than Maxis LE. However, you've come across one out the two advantages Maxis LE has over PIM-X.

As you've noticed PIM-X doesn't have a 'building replace' function. So if you want to change models you'll have to make a new lot out of the desired model first. Then copy/past all the textures and props from the old over to the new lot.

Hope this helps!

Oh and in case you're wondering, the other advantage Maxis LE has over PIM-X is the ability to add water restriction to the lot. Other than that PIM-X is very versatile!  ;)
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

bradf_50

Quote from: vortext on July 11, 2013, 11:56:52 AM
Hi, welcome to SC4D!  :)

Good to hear you started using the PIM-X as it's far better than Maxis LE. However, you've come across one out the two advantages Maxis LE has over PIM-X.

As you've noticed PIM-X doesn't have a 'building replace' function. So if you want to change models you'll have to make a new lot out of the desired model first. Then copy/past all the textures and props from the old over to the new lot.

Hope this helps!

Oh and in case you're wondering, the other advantage Maxis LE has over PIM-X is the ability to add water restriction to the lot. Other than that PIM-X is very versatile!  ;)

Hi

Thanks for getting back!

I was hoping it wasn't me!  At least I know now I have to go to the old to replace the bldg. Yea I agree the PIM-X is a whole lot better! You do have to get used to the keyboard shortcuts but I figure for the pluses I'll deal with the learning curve. I haven't got into the water restriction part of it yet, so that isn't a deal breaker either! I only started to learn to lot just about a week or so ago so I'm still learning a lot.

Anyway thanks again!!

Brad