• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Version 31 Release Date Announcement

Started by Tarkus, January 20, 2013, 04:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickD

A release date for the NAM?  ??? Please forgive me, but I am still not a hundred percent sure if this is real or just a clever deception by a bunch of folks who like to surprise people.  $%Grinno$%

Anyway, I am really looking forward to the release.  :thumbsup:
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

noahclem

Legacy files will be included in the new NAM so everything that works in your cities now should work after you install the NAM. How many roads you will want to destroy and rebuild using all the new features is up to you though  ;)

E-N

I'm looking forward to NAM Ver.31 too. :)

By the way, I received an email from a people of NAM Team.
However, have not been able to reply my e-mail address will be denied as well as try to reply.
How do I do I contact?

Sorry my bad English....

E-N

I asked for a message from another person.

thx!

sunv123

Everything takes time.

You could just PM a NAM member to reply, I'm not sure who's in charge of the SC4D e-mails. I'm pretty sure it's the Admins, but I don't know for sure.
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

rededarsho

21 Hours!is it ready?is everything alright?

Tarkus

It'll be more than 21 hours.  It could be as many as 48.  A sizeable portion of the active development team lives in the Western US--it just hit midnight on the 28th here.

When we say "March 1st", it means anytime between 12:00am and 11:59pm on that date within Pacific Standard Time (UTC-8).  It'll be March 2nd in some places in the world when we release.

-Alex

Patricius Maximus

Quote from: Tarkus on February 28, 2013, 12:04:16 AM
It'll be more than 21 hours.  It could be as many as 48.  A sizeable portion of the active development team lives in the Western US--it just hit midnight on the 28th here.

When we say "March 1st", it means anytime between 12:00am and 11:59pm on that date within Pacific Standard Time (UTC-8).  It'll be March 2nd in some places in the world when we release.

-Alex

Well, as of now it's 22-46 hours away, so we're probably well within the 48-hour timeframe, assuming that it's not released in the last hours of March 1 (Pacific Time).

strucka

Come on guys! Who cares if it's 24, 48 or even 168 hours... The fact is it's coming in the nearest possible future and on time or not, this is a project created by a group of non-paid slave workers who take it out of their time to make things work. And what a project this is! Remember the times, when this was almoast non-functional? The times, when you could cross this network with practically nothing but standard maxis networks. When you had to demolish half a city just to make entrances, when it was limited to RHW-4 at best. Well thi network is now becoming so complex that it heavily surpasses all the maxis networks put together. And  for that we should be grateful to the NAM team (and well of course we all are, some just don't know how to show it). I am sure everyone is working like their lives depend on this project right now, so I myself ask you to humbly refrain from any questions, frustration ventilations and other comments until the files are available on the LEX near you for download. It just might give these awesome crazies that little something, that will make the NAM31 a tad bit better.
And if a delay comes with the realease I encourage a ban for anyone ranting about it.

Shroud

I can't wait!  :)

Kudos to the entire NAM Team.

rooker1

Only positive comments from now on please.

I am getting very excited.......it's like having your favourite toy in front of you but not being able to play with until sometime tomorrow.
Thanks to everyone involved!!!
Robin
Call me Robin, please.

MandelSoft

^^ That's because we are still putting the last paint on the toy ;)
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Patricius Maximus

Quote from: strucka on February 28, 2013, 03:46:55 AM
Come on guys! Who cares if it's 24, 48 or even 168 hours... The fact is it's coming in the nearest possible future and on time or not, this is a project created by a group of non-paid slave workers who take it out of their time to make things work.

They have certainly devoted a lot of their life to this effort without pay, but I wouldn't call them slave workers (since they're doing this voluntarily).

QuoteAnd what a project this is! Remember the times, when this was almoast non-functional? The times, when you could cross this network with practically nothing but standard maxis networks. When you had to demolish half a city just to make entrances, when it was limited to RHW-4 at best. Well thi network is now becoming so complex that it heavily surpasses all the maxis networks put together. And  for that we should be grateful to the NAM team (and well of course we all are, some just don't know how to show it).

True. I pondered this morning about how far we've come, and the RHW has transcended the limitations of the original game when it comes to freeway designs. If, in 2003, I could have peered into the future and beheld NAM 31, I would have been stunned at what the NAM Team has accomplished. When the modern RHW was created 5 years ago (starter pieces, MIS, etc.), there was a long range vision of a realistic, modular, multi-purpose freeway system that one could use to recreate almost any real-world interchange, or even the freeway network of one's dreams. With the Multi-Height System and P57, that vision is now close to becoming reality, at least to a great degree. This represents a profound addition to the game for a roadgeek such as myself. The degree to which Tarkus and other NAMites have transformed our SC4 experience cannot be overestimated.

I am grateful to the NAM Team for all this, but I wanted to explain why we are and should be grateful to them. I'm sure I'll be even more grateful come March 1.

Quote from: rooker1 on February 28, 2013, 04:39:36 AMI am getting very excited.......it's like having your favourite toy in front of you but not being able to play with until sometime tomorrow.

It's just like Christmas Eve when the presents are under the tree but you can't open them until morning. The anticipation is very high.

Andreas

Quote from: Patricius Maximus on February 28, 2013, 07:18:32 AM
It's just like Christmas Eve when the presents are under the tree but you can't open them until morning. The anticipation is very high.
That's why we open the presents on Christmas Eve in Germany - talk about German efficiency. :D

Anyway, it'll be March 1 eventually everywhere on the world, for some a little earlier, for some a little later, but I'm sure this will be a great release alright. :)
Andreas

MandelSoft

Quote from: Andreas on February 28, 2013, 07:59:51 AM
That's why we open the presents on Christmas Eve in Germany - talk about German efficiency. :D
We dutch are even more efficient: we kept our old St. Nicholas festivities and open our packages on December 5th :P

Fun fact: when the NAM 31 is ready, the amount of RUL2 code has increased by a thousandfold from just over 4000 to over 5 million lines!
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

sandrasim1

I recently returned to the community after 4 years of absence and I couldn't have picked a better time.  ;D  Thanks for all the hard work you have put into this. I am looking forward to play with this new toy.  :thumbsup:
"I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work"  Thomas Alva Edison

M4346

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

RepublicMaster

strucka

Quote from: MandelSoft on February 28, 2013, 08:24:27 AM
Quote from: Andreas on February 28, 2013, 07:59:51 AM
We dutch are even more efficient: we kept our old St. Nicholas festivities and open our packages on December 5th :P

Fun fact: when the NAM 31 is ready, the amount of RUL2 code has increased by a thousandfold from just over 4000 to over 5 million lines!

And here comes Slovenia. We have 5.12., 25.12. (with german standards of gift opening) and 31.12. First one is the old traditioned ''Miklavž'' with his devils that bring small gifts, mainly just some oranges a pair of socks and a stick from the devils for bad kids, the second is the commercial christmas as most people know it and the last is the remmenant of the ''good old times'' from Yugoslavia. The commie Santa called Granpa Cold (coming form faraway Siberian lands on a sled (not the flying one of course because that really isn't logical)) brings gifts right before New year if I recall corectly. This custom is however almoast forgatten, but back in the 90's when I was a kid it was luckily like that. =D So yeah.. go 90's!