• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

VDK Bats

Started by vester, August 16, 2013, 03:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

romualdillo

I think it looks pretty good!  :thumbsup:
Perhaps the Bamberger Dom could be used as an example... It's much bigger, but it's the same idea, style and materials.

vester

Having some problems to get night light to work.
Checked the Light in the SC4Desc. It is set to true()what()

Any help, suggests or ideas would be appreciated!
There is night textures in the file.

And on another matter. Bagsværd station:

Shark7

Quote from: vester on July 25, 2016, 02:17:22 PM

Shark7. There is no need to include the pictures in the quote. Pretty sure that everybody would know what you were talking about anyway.

TBH, I don't even know why I quoted to start with, that is not something I would normally have done with no specific text to be replying to.  I can see where having the picture load twice is just a waste of bandwidth.  Honestly I just had on of those 'act without thinking' moments, will do better in the future.

bombardiere

Quote from: vester on July 25, 2016, 05:56:18 PM
Having some problems to get night light to work.

Could you explain a little bit more? Sometimes it can take a time before the building lights up in the game. And occasionally it simply refuses to light up even if I am sure that everything is allright. Re-plop or re-start of the city might help.

Of course it can be something more serious.

I have couple times made a mistake that I accidently re-render a night scene in to a model that already contains a night scene.  For example if I am tried after a long stint of rendering and accidentally put both Maxis night and Dark night into same model. Then when I look it with ILives Reader, the file contains three FSH. (all zooms) One for the day and two for night. It can coexist, but if I remember correctly the game gets confused and the BAT does not show night view in the game.

vester

Had the game running for some times, switching between the day/night.

Will try to replop it. If that doesn't work I might try to do an reexport.
The daytime only takes about 2 hours :P

Here is a little some I am working:

Been using symmentry, a LOT and copy instances, a LOT. Thing only 15 pro cent is model, rest is done with copies and symmetry :)
The arches (the big window and over the doors and windows) and the edge around the round window, those takes a lot of time to set up for texture.

So what can this be ? Any guess?

Alan_Waters

Is there any easy manufacture?

vester

If you ask if it manufacture/indstutrial  building, then...
no it is not.

Some slow progress:

Alan_Waters

I wrote for their supervision. In Russia, these old buildings are usually located garment manufactory, or a small printing press. Another may be the police station or clinic. Perhaps it the station building...  %confuso

art128

Quote from: Alan_Waters on July 30, 2016, 11:19:26 AM
Perhaps it the station building...  %confuso

;)

The wood work on the roof is excellent. How much of it will be visible on the game views?
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

vester

Its a train station, the same line as the previous ones.

If the wood work is going to show:

Using Max 2016, at the bat4max is not working that well.

MushyMushy

Did Autodesk stop offering the 2014 version? That one worked ok with BAT4Max most of the time.

vester

Quote from: MushyMushy on July 30, 2016, 02:50:51 PM
Did Autodesk stop offering the 2014 version?
Yep they did.

I do have 2014, but like to use 2016 as well.

art128

Splendid, the wood work is not covered by the roof! I love it when details like that in BATs can be seen in the game. This look like a very promising station, Arne. Looking forward to use it. :)

As for MAX, unfortunately as no one has been really working on updating the version since Simfox left it will be less and less compatible with newer 3dsmax versions, specially since every year Autodesk like to change a few things in the software.

Props & Texture Catalog

vester

Been working on the overall layout for the platforms:

Well my first plan is to do a cul-de-sac. Might do a standard version with track pedicular to this version later.
Hope to find a way to do this in two models:
- One for the station building itself.
- Two models for the platforms (the cul-de-sac+alternative).

art128

Great progress! Looking forward to see how you make the straight version.

Props & Texture Catalog

vester

Thank you Art. Am looking forward to see what I came up with for the straight version too.

Been working on the roof, adding barge boards and fascia and finishing of making the finale roof surfaces:

Its not the finale material for the roof. Started out try the roof material from the smaller stations.
Still need to add valley gutters and plates along the ridges of the roof.

Also the columns at the front have got a work over. Gone from a szie of 15x15 to 20x20 cm.
Might work a little so the diagonal braces get more visible.

Simmer2

Excellent! I see another station to play with...soon  ;D

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

vester

So the cover of the ridge of roof is in place:

Also made a few changes to the wood work at the front entrance (columns, beams and diagonal braces), so the diagonal braces are more visible.

Been try to do the valley gutter as well, but I am starting over on them.

vester

... and after another try on the valley gutter:

Also add a bit of roof flashing around the centre part.

Think the ridge covering and the flashing makes the shape of the roof shand out.
Still need to a few chimneys some gutters to the main building.

art128

I can see myself using this station in one of my Japanese cities.... :)

Props & Texture Catalog