• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Removing Lots From the SC4 Menu??

Started by PaPa-J, March 22, 2019, 08:27:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaPa-J

I recently downloaded and installed the DAMN and I was wondering if there was a way to keep the lots that I have organized into the DAMN from showing up in the SC4 Menu?
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

Simmer2

Using the Reader you could try removing the "Item Icon" line but since I have never tried it I don't know of any repercussions. Choose a lot and try it. If it has adverse action then just replace it.

Another solution could be to create an MML file and drop the unwanted lots in it but then again I'm not sure if it will affect the DAMn menu you created.

Try both solutions, the worse it could happen is a CTD  &mmm but you can always just replace the lots with the original ones and be back to square one.

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

matias93

The DAMN manager is supposed to be able to hid those entries automatically from the interface, there is a toggle to do that. In my experience, certain versions of the manager corrupt the DAMN index when doing the hiding, causing the entry lots to provoke CTDs when plopped. I've still found no solution to this, except avoiding the bugged version, but now I cannot remember which one it is.

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

mgb204

I believe it was the latest one, some issue with updates to Java or something.

Within the NAM/RTMT are included some hidden DAMN-ready lots, the method used to hide those is simply to remove the property "Lot Resource Key", from the Buildings Exemplar.

If you remove the Icons, you typically get many problems with the menus. Unsure if that changes if the property itself is removed, but the above method is I believe how DAMN handles this.

PaPa-J

Thanks for you insights everyone, it is really appreciated.   ;)
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.