• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your Rivers and Creeks

Started by bigberta, June 17, 2007, 06:41:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danthe

It's very impressive works :thumbsup:
And... is mine:

bat

Fantastic work on that river, Danthe! Great pictures! :thumbsup:

bat

That is also a great river there, Toichus Maximus! Wonderful work!

mattb325

Great stuff guys. I've taken a slightly different approach from the ploppable water for this:

bat

Your picture is looking very beautiful, mattb325!

Nice lake(s) and river! :thumbsup:

Shadow Assassin

Wow, that looks great!

Ploppable water or in-game water? :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Pat

Yea no kidding SA i was wondering that same thing, So matt which is it PW or In-game lol

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Toichus Maximus

Here's my guess--the top pre-waterfall bit is ploppable, the lower lake is ploppable, and the rest is in game (you can only see the waves there).

Pat

Toichus Maximus, I'm sorry i just saw your pic as well, Its very good IMHO it could also use some rapids flowage with those rocks there, just a thought but over all i likie - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

mattb325

Hmmm...which water did I use? Would a less edited close up help? :P

Ennedi

Well, Matt, it seems you made one of the best pictures (and one of the best jokes :D) I have seen from a long time ;)

It's an ingame water and you creates an illusion of the slope using really great arrangement (?  :D)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Toichus Maximus

Thanks, pat, I was checking out ennedi's new methodto making streams and I think I'll try to do something following that method next. his rapid system he suggests seems about right for that kind of small stream, so it might work better.

I don't think matt's pic is based on perspective--did you use the rain mod, perhaps?

Ennedi

Quote from: Toichus Maximus on November 19, 2007, 11:09:17 AM
I don't think matt's pic is based on perspective--did you use the rain mod, perhaps?

Maybe... Let's wait for Matt :D
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Toichus Maximus

mattb325

Thanks guys - caused a stir, I see  ;D

Nice pic ToichusM - the difference between it and your earlier one is amazing :thumbsup:

Ennedi - I love your thinking and you are right about the SC4 perspecive being able to trick the eye. In this picture it did, but I used it to draw the two lakes (made with Gizmos' rain mod) closer to the sea, not make a flat surface appear at different levels...

In reality the gap between each is huge and from this angle the scene is a) unfinished, and b) not so eye pleasing  :P

Diggis

Quote from: mattb325 on November 21, 2007, 12:26:17 AM
In reality the gap between each is huge and from this angle the scene is a) unfinished, and b) not so eye pleasing  :P

I disagree, I love this pic.

Toichus Maximus

The only problem with it is that it needs a stream to the sea; otherwise, I'd never say it is unrealistic and, even without that, there is no way you can construe it as "unpleasing"

bat

That is a nice picture there, Toichus Maximus! :thumbsup:

Great work on that mountain, mattb325! Wonderful new picture of that area! :thumbsup:

SuperTimo