• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your Avenues!

Started by Kskrs, April 06, 2010, 10:20:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[Delta ²k5]

Nice Aves everyone ;) here is a creation of mine:

kbieniu7

Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

metarvo

That's a fine avenue you've got there, Delta.  Did you do what I think you did?  $%Grinno$%
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

cogeo

Here is the central (curently) avenue in one of my cities:

Not anything great yet, but the city is still small, and the avenue already has "High" traffic, as all residential areas are directed there, creating favourable conditions for commercial development. The residential areas are arranged in an "arterial", rather than "grid" layout. Take a look in the zones view:

Taller buildings are expected to grow along the avenue as population grows; zones are 2x3 (to make up 4x3 lots) and 3x3.

[Delta ²k5]

Quote from: metarvo on February 07, 2012, 09:57:13 AM
That's a fine avenue you've got there, Delta.  Did you do what I think you did?  $%Grinno$%

If you think, that I seperated the MAVE6 in two and placed some canal in between, then you're right ;) :thumbsup:

metarvo

Good strategy, Cogeo.  This way, the residents are forced to use the avenue to travel across town rather than using the side streets to get everywhere.  Excessive use of the side streets seems to be a flaw inherent in the grid method both in SC4 and RL.  It seems like many drivers in my area use side streets to avoid busy intersections and traffic lights, but they end up clogging up the neighborhoods as a result.

Quote from: [Delta ²k5] on February 07, 2012, 11:02:56 AM
If you think, that I seperated the MAVE6 in two and placed some canal in between, then you're right ;) :thumbsup:

I knew it!  ;D  I use that technique for variety sometimes.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

riiga

A nightshot of a central avenue intersecting with an avenue overpassing some RHW.

(click for full resolution!)

Haljackey

Just finished building a 6 lane avenue which transitions into a RHW-6C to go over a rail line.

art128

That's one glorious looking avenue there, Hal!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Haljackey

art128: Thanks!

I decided to just go with it and complete the avenue. Made a mosaic to display it because why not? :P

Click for full resolution

solsystem

Swordmaster

No, that's a lot better than classic!

Cheers
Willy

ivo_su

Haljackey

kbieniu7

I can barely see an avenue here :D

It reminds me a joke:
" - What a beautiful forest, isnt' it?
- I can't see, trees veil everything" 
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!