• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your Avenues!

Started by Kskrs, April 06, 2010, 10:20:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cubby420

Well, we'd need to see a further zoom, by I notice that in this area you have one tile of clearance between the heavy rail line and parallel roads. You could use hole digger lots to build a trench for the rail line, and use simple NAM avenue and road puzzle pieces over the top, similar to what I did here (an couple of old MD pics):

And, if that idea doesn't float your boat, exploring the NAM underpass menu a bit might surprise you. They are more useful than simple straight paths under other networks - there are a variety of curves and underground intersections that make transit networks much more flexible. Your GLR needs are even accounted for in the underpass menu.

Opkl

Quote from: cubby420 on March 09, 2011, 06:57:58 PM
Well, we'd need to see a further zoom, by I notice that in this area you have one tile of clearance between the heavy rail line and parallel roads. You could use hole digger lots to build a trench for the rail line, and use simple NAM avenue and road puzzle pieces over the top, similar to what I did here (an couple of old MD pics):

And, if that idea doesn't float your boat, exploring the NAM underpass menu a bit might surprise you. They are more useful than simple straight paths under other networks - there are a variety of curves and underground intersections that make transit networks much more flexible. Your GLR needs are even accounted for in the underpass menu.

Nice MD pictures. I see you're from Chicago like myself. Is that suppose to be downtown Hammond,IN?  :D

dahemac

@cubby420: You can see from the image below that I have a problem. There is a lot of development near the rail and connecting industry etc. Also there is a wide-curve rail junction nearby. Sinking all that would not be straight-forward. I would need to demolish a lot of expensive development including the GLR/Ave and main business area to make room for underpasses. It is a puzzle but there are far too many level crossings you are right.

PS. those light coloured appartment buildings with the green roofs next to the Jefferson St. Crossing are particularly nice. Do you remember what they are?

soulchaser

How about el-rail? this might solve your problems

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

MandelSoft

^^ Seconded that. Solved the problem for me in my densely developed city Konrad:

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

dahemac

OK! I have taken care of all those level crossings. What do you think?
Before

After

simcity4ever

@dahemac Nice use of the FLUPs! &apls

Ciuu96

I like it too, looks a lot more realistic and better!
Has it really been almost 2 years?
Must return. :)

cubby420

Much better dahamec! I bet the flow is better as well. As for the green roofs from my pics...I think you'll find what your looking for here. The site can be confusing, but the page numbers are at the bottom. There are tons of great goodies from SOMY there.

brianwy

hi guys
i'd like to show mave-6 in my city

the bus stop in the centre is used for mave-6, with a extra bus lane, and of course with path on it. so i can drive my bus into the bus lane ;)

sorry for those trees along the mave-6. some of them occupy a part of road... :P

dahemac

Nice Brianwy! I especially like the busstop! :thumbsup:

Risu

Oh wow, that is awesome! Is that the world famous Nuclear Starbucks across the street from the bus stop?? :D

io_bg

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

TimberHawk

vortext

&apls  &apls Looks great and nice pavement  :thumbsup:

btw, where did you find that pedestrian bridge?

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

mikeski

Very beautiful Ioan and Wetsom!  &apls

wetsom

I find the bridge at STEX:WMP Abteibruecke

io_bg

Let's revive this old tread :P

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

kbieniu7

What an ugly (in positive sc meaning) corridor :P
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!