• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RealRailway (RRW) - Development and Support

Started by Swordmaster, June 14, 2013, 08:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eggman121

brick_mortimer

Busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest
Me no coffee function without so good

tigerbuilder

Very nice!

I'm still learning the new stuff in 36...thanks for all your hard work! I love what you've done with the RRW, it's awesome.

Cheers, tiger

Gugu3

AsimPika3172

I loves Sim City forever!

noahclem

I'm enjoying the new draggable, elevated RRWs but have noticed a problem: the L1 can't cross over other rails but just converts them to L1 as well. Is this a known issue or is there something I'm doing wrong? Thanks :)

EDIT: I guess ortho crossings work but diagonal won't, even for roads. I thought that those were actually possible with the old version Willy made.

eggman121

Ah yes. Only Orthogonal Crossing Orthogonal Work for L1. The Models did not exist back in the NAM 36 cycle.

Sorry for the delayed response. I have had work.

-eggman121

bluephoenix

NAM is what makes this 14+ years old game still one of my favorites, and with each relase I love it more and more... Specially the RRW part of it  :)

@eggman121
Thank you for taking time to develop all thee new features and sharing with all of us who are into SC4.  &apls
I can't imagine how you manage it to find all the time to do the developing of new feature, I hardly manage to find the time to play this great game and explore alll the new feature for an hour or two in weeks.

-Do yo plan to implement TTR & QTR in the future?

Greetings from Slovakia.

eggman121

Quote from: bluephoenix on November 26, 2017, 07:39:57 AM
NAM is what makes this 14+ years old game still one of my favorites, and with each relase I love it more and more... Specially the RRW part of it  :)

@eggman121
Thank you for taking time to develop all thee new features and sharing with all of us who are into SC4.  &apls
I can't imagine how you manage it to find all the time to do the developing of new feature, I hardly manage to find the time to play this great game and explore alll the new feature for an hour or two in weeks.

-Do yo plan to implement TTR & QTR in the future?

Greetings from Slovakia.

Thanks for the accolade bluephoenix

I really appreciate the comments and I am so glad that you enjoy the work the NAM team does  ;D

As for TTR and QTR. They may take a while to eventuate. There are some mechanics that need to be sorted out first.

-eggman121

Tyberius06

Hi!

I bring this here from the NAM Support thread.

"It's an RRW related issue but  I guess still NAM.
Well I ran into something strange with RRW. I draw all of them with the same way, still this R3-R STR turnout Compaund is not working in every rotation/direction. See attached picture.
or I miss something, but I tried a couple of way and this had happened all the time. (Oh, It doesn't matter if I draw further the "broken" ones, still won't convert into STR...)

Thanks for any help in advance!"

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Seaman

Quote from: Tyberius06 on January 12, 2018, 02:01:09 PM
"It's an RRW related issue but  I guess still NAM.
Well I ran into something strange with RRW. I draw all of them with the same way, still this R3-R STR turnout Compaund is not working in every rotation/direction. See attached picture.
or I miss something, but I tried a couple of way and this had happened all the time. (Oh, It doesn't matter if I draw further the "broken" ones, still won't convert into STR...)

That's odd... I just tried on my own and had difficulties, too. But the problem is not consistent for me. Sometimes I can reproduce it, sometimes not. I pretty sure I did the exact same pattern ()what()

matias93

@Seaman, note that both glitched turnout is a double track one, and the sucessful ones are STR: maybe you mixed the drawing patterns there? I've failed on that so much times already  :-[

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

Seaman

Quote from: matias93 on January 12, 2018, 06:36:19 PM
@Seaman, note that both glitched turnout is a double track one, and the sucessful ones are STR: maybe you mixed the drawing patterns there? I've failed on that so much times already  :-[

I thought so too, that's why I was especially careful to drag the same patterns. In fact, the DTR/STR is the problem here: the two on the left should be overridden to STR as well. On the diagonal branch, the override is already in place (the switch). Also, I was just recreating Tyberius finding; that's reducing the risk that the user might be the problem?

BTW: In many situations, the RRW is ridiculous stable, easy to drag and well crafted. That's why I'm still not sure what's going on here.

Tyberius06

Eggmann already answered the problem in the chat helpdesk room.

Quoteeggman121 - Today at 8:01 AM
Issue with the INRULs. Will be fixed in nam 37

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

eggman121

Sorry for the long....................Long Silence on my end.

RL  :thumbsdown:

But I will be getting back into the swing of things and fixing this issue in one of the top priorities.

I just need to edit the INRUL section to avoid the conflict in the Flextrack Drag rail.

Moving forward I will make more pieces with Flex Technology. That is piece that can be placed down and they will have the same functions as the draggable counterparts and more stability to boot ;) 

This will take some time however.

-eggman121

alvaro_mox

matias93

Quote from: alvaro_mox on February 09, 2018, 09:21:01 AM
Where are the electrified lines?
Catenaries? The mods that include them aren't fully compatible with the new parts of the RRW, so they will appear interrupted at curves and fractionally angled tracks. Eggman is working parallelly on a new and more flexible implementation, but that's far from his first priorities at the moment

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

eggman121

Hello everyone

Long time no post.

I have finally fixed up the issue concerning the INRUL interference and the updated code will ship with NAM 37...

I am still thinking about FlexPiece which will have pieces that can be plopped down instead of drawn out.

This will only be used on some complicated setups. This is so the process for NAM 37 can speed up.

-eggman121

mattb325

dyoungyn

Amazing work indeed. 

Only one item of question.  Why does the color of the rail keep changing?  It is hard to to keep up with difference maps or it could just be my own ignorance.