• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Euro RHW Texture Mod testing reports

Started by MandelSoft, December 18, 2011, 02:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MandelSoft

@Dexter: Thank you! I see what I can do...
@gn_leugim: I see your problem: you have obviously Dexter's Euro RealHighway Texture mod installed, which is in conflict with my mod. The textures that do show are actually the right ones...

EDIT: I could sucessfully replicate the issues Shadow Assassin posted. Moreover, I found even some more bugs that I'm about to fix:
- The DDI has one misaligned tile
- The LHD support is probably not working because it's loaded BEFORE the main mod, making the whole file useless. Putting ZZ_ in front of it will work...

I also copied the Prop Exemplar from the RHW FLUP ramp in order to make Dexter's ramp work. I still got to test it in-game yet...

Anyway, this is why tests are so important: those bugs can sneak in quite easily...

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Sciurus

I downloaded the file with success; I'll test it tomorrow ;) If I ever can :D

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Dexter

@gn_leugim:  It looks to me that you have my Interim Euro textures installed, which are overriding most of Maarten's ones.  Try removing mine and see what happens  ;)
Why does one park on a driveway, and drive on a parkway?

gn_leugim

Strange, I removed the other mods, and placed this one as the last one loaded  ()what() ()what()

EDIT: I foun them sneaking hidden from me :o

I'll start looking from start then ^^

MandelSoft

Here's a small patch including bugfixes for everything that has been reported so far, except the RHW-8S Type B2 ramp (somehow the puzzle piece is too stubborn to show properly). Files will be merged in the final version of the mod.

A proper exemplar of Dexter's Flup Model is also included...

EDIT: Seems that I need to edit the model itself too; It's rotated backwards!

EDIT2: Fix uploaded! Rotated the model 180 degrees with SC4 Model Tweaker.

EDIT3: You might want to be more carefull with placing RHW-2 FLUPs: Dexter's FLUPs take up 1 tile more space, but it's now a bit off by 1/2 tile. A T21 fix might be necessary, but I guess the FLUPs will be reconstructed after Project 0E...

Best,
Maarten

gn_leugim

well, that patch sorted some stuff indeed, but I still found some stuff to report:

First, the Street - RHW2 intersection is not aesthetic as far I can see.

Although this is not likely to be seen, there is a missing texture here (RHW2):

Some Diagonal Elevated puzzle pieces have white  marks on the ground. I also found this on some other ground pieces, but on the elevated ones it is more noticeable:

And finnaly, in the FAR ring I found one piece with missing textures at some zoom levels:
here ok:

Zoom out and not ok:

I also found some other things, but they were pointed out already or fixed.

Carlos

MandelSoft

Quote from: gn_leugim on December 22, 2011, 04:10:02 AM
well, that patch sorted some stuff indeed, but I still found some stuff to report:

First, the Street - RHW2 intersection is not aesthetic as far I can see.

There may be some room for improvement here, but it's not that much of a problem; at least it's working, so it's not high on my priorities list...

Although this is not likely to be seen, there is a missing texture here (RHW2):
Well, I left that one out, since it's, as you just said, unlikely. Curves like this should be avoided at all circumstances...

Some Diagonal Elevated puzzle pieces have white  marks on the ground. I also found this on some other ground pieces, but on the elevated ones it is more noticeable:

That's a general problem with the RHW mod, it was always there. This will likely be fixed during the implementation of Project 0E.

And finnaly, in the FAR ring I found one piece with missing textures at some zoom levels:
here ok:

Zoom out and not ok:

Ah, that seems like a mipmap error. I'll look into that...

I've found a few other bugs myself, so I have to fix some those too...

Best,
Maarten

MandelSoft

Patch 2 (found in the attachment below) will fix some more bugs.

ivo_su

Marked  part of the highway exit is built with the help of drag method.  When using Plop puzzle piece colors are better made ​​and I think that if it is not difficult for you would be a slight dimming did a good job.

MandelSoft

Well, Shadow Assassin did notice this bug too, but it has to do with bad IID assignment, meaning that the S3D models for the DRIs have texture IIDs that end in the 0-4 range instead of the usual A-E range. What you actually see here, is the undarkened, draggable texture instead of the darkened puzzle piece/model texture. I believe this should be fixed during Project 0E. But then again, the texture is working properly and therefore has not the topmost priority to be fixed.

MandelSoft

I also got the SPUI textures ready in the mean time. You can download it below.

ivo_su

Here I think that needs modifying to remove these  minor inaccuracies. Normally cutting texture to get  tiny bugs generally everything else is wonderful.  I am fascinated by what I see so far and am grateful for your work Maarten and Riga.

- Ivo : :thumbsup:

MandelSoft

^^ That one was easy to fix. It turned out there was a two-pixel texture shift after copy-pasting that texture. The fix is attached below, also including a fix for the MIS diagonal stubs...

MandelSoft

OK, testing is over, it's now uploaded on the STEX. Thank you for testing the mod!

Best,
Maarten

ivo_su

I am grateful to you for testing,  it was a pleasure.
Merry Christmas Maarten.

gn_leugim

you are welcome. and thank you for this great mod :) Merry christmas :)

Sciurus

I would apologize for the no-testing, but I worked these days so I hadn't time enough. Sorry again! :thumbsdown:

Guillaume.
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Paul 999

I have download the 'new' Euro RHW texture for the RHW at Simtropolis:
http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/27097-euro-texture-replacement-mod-for-the-rhw-mod-v50-by-mrtnrln-riiga/

During playing the game, I have found a couple of errors in the MIS. These might already be solved in one of the patch that I see this topic but i don't have download that because i not sure of i need these patch's.

The emergency lane is on the wrong side of the road? or something? Too bad the Farr parts are work right yet, i hope you can fix it soon.

MandelSoft

About the OWR-over-MIS bug: that's one within the RHW mod itself. I guss I'll make a patch for it soon for all RHW users.

About the FARHW curves: can you try to un-install the mod and see if the curves still match? If not, I have to re-assign some IIDs...

Thanks for the bug-report, Paul!

Best,
Maarten

Paul 999

Here you are, it is a conflict in the Euro texture.

I go rebuild the curve whit the default texture, and install the Euro texture again.