• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

patch not installing properly

Started by eagle74, May 17, 2015, 04:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eagle74

First, I want you to know that I appreciate all the help.  I reinstalled the game & watched the files flash by as it was installing, & saw SKU_1 being installed, which is consistent with my config.txt file showing 1.1.610.0.  I disabled the UAC notifications & anti-virus.  The patch ran with no error messages & said it successfully updated EP1 to 638 build.  Still no changes in file sizes or timestamps.  All associated files are still showing modified date of 11/14/2003.  SC4.exe is showing 1.1.638.0, but is still 8211 kb.

mgb204

Honestly I'm a little stumped at this point.

I do keep wondering why you are pointing out file sizes and timestamps, if the update program runs successfully and gives no errors, why would you assume something was wrong?

I checked my files, indeed my SC4.EXE is 8,211 KB in size, the date stamp is 21/08/2013 (08/21/2013 US) which is before the date of your files. Incidentally my version is 1.1.640.0 so are you sure these are incorrect, either way I'm not sure I'd use that as my guide.

Have you tried simply installing the second update for BAT Nightlighting, if this installs without error, open SC4, add a custom building with nitelights, if it shows light during the night, the updates are working.

eagle74

I was following the directions for installing the patch.  Step 3 is to confirm that the file sizes have changed to ensure that they were updated.  SC4.exe is supposed to be 8,407 kb after the SKU1 update, not 8211.  Maybe I'll just play awhile & see how it works.

mgb204

I've never paid any attention to it personally, in any case you'll know if the nightlights are working or not, that is a far better gauge of weather or not the patch has applied, they simply can not work without the 1.1.640.0 update.