• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

romualdillo's little BATs & Problems

Started by romualdillo, May 21, 2014, 09:53:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

noahclem

The gardener strikes again--these look fantastic  &apls  There could potentially be a lot of neat uses for all the flora you're working on here!

romualdillo

Thank you guys!!!

New Hydrangea colours and Agapanthus:

You may notice that I'm using Girafe's Cypresses.  :P I hope my props don't look too simple with them.
What do you think?

vester

Just keeps better and better. :thumbsup:

Hope you know when to stop  ;)

Simcoug

Wonderful!  Have you considered modeling a foundation that goes below ground to match up to the planter boxes?  That way you could create raised beds (or the beds will be slope friendly).  CP has something similar in his prop pack:

(hopefully you can see the image... Dropbox has never given me problems before)

noahclem

Great work with the new flowers  &apls  I think they go excellently with the cypresses!

romualdillo

vester: Thank you!!! I think I'm going to stop for now...

Simcoug: Thank you!!! All the planter boxes have a 1m deep foundation below them!!

noahclem: Thank you!!!

Blue Agapanthus:

Clivias:

Jasmine:

Allium Giganteum:

Wall Fountain:

What do you think?

c.p.

Simcoug

The variety is outstanding!  Super work - I can't wait to use these on my own lots.  :thumbsup:

Would you consider increasing the depth of the foundation (maybe to 3m or so)... That way we could raise up the beds to use in city parks and such?  I like doing that with C.P.'s planter beds and I think it looks good in more urban environments. 

vortext

Second the request for deeper foundations but other than that the planters are awesome! Wall fountain is also very nice addition. Shaping up to an excellent prop collection. Keep at it!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

reddonquixote

I've been a bit late/slow in reply but these are lovey! Great work  :thumbsup:
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

romualdillo

c.p. and reddonquixote: Thank you!!!

Simcoug and vortext Thank you and done!!!

I'm sorry I haven't post anything for a while, but I'm busy doing the props' variations and I haven't done anything interesting but the school's new version I'm posting now (I was a bit bored of doing props):

I've been thinking about using the ads on the wall, and I still don't know how to reduce capacity without reducing demand. Can anybody help me? What do you think?

EDIT: Some minor changes

Simcoug

Nice!  What stats are you trying to change?  You should be able to make any changes in the reader regarding student capacity and effective radius.  Just be sure you don't change it while keeping an old version in your city... that will cause the slider bug. 

c.p.

It looks great :thumbsup:
I forget the exact number, but there is a minimum capacity for schools, where if you go below that number the school doesn't work correctly.  I believe it is either 250 or 500, (but I could be wrong.)

romualdillo

Thank you both!!! Perhaps c.p. is right. I tried to reduce the school's capacity to 50 students (2 classrooms), and then the problems started. When the capacity is reduced, the students' number drops dramatically. For 3000 inhabitants in the area I only get 10 students maximum.

I noticed something wrong with the walls, they were just too high. I had multiplied the height twice, now I have corrected them.

I think it looks better now.

noahclem

It's great to see your beautiful and detailed project progress, even if I'm not around very often recently  &apls  I agree with your decision to lower the walls &apls--height scale is always tricky in this game, and particularly so when dealing with high quality details, and I feel people err too often on making things too tall. I'll be following closely, even if I'm not able to do much myself ;)

romualdillo

Thank you noahclem!!

I'm sorry I haven't post anything for a month, but I've been busy with other things. Anyway, I continued working on the props, and I think I've done everything I had planned. I still want to add other details to the backyards, but I'm not sure if I will be able to do so.

Now the result: ()stsfd()

I put some Sims doing Sims' things. I don't know if I like them much, but I think it's necessary to bring the backyards to life.

I also finished my first school. I did 4 versions, following c.p.'s way, I hope you like them:

Street views. Don't worry, the uploaded version won't have any street prop...  ;D

Night shots with Maarten's light cones:

General view of Testing City:

I hope you like my work so far!!!  :P

art128

The overview looks very lively! Nice work.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

carlfatal

Wonderful, simply wonderful!  &apls

I am sure, we will find some nice Latin American towns here in the future.  :thumbsup:

kelis

Increible, brutal, una pasada vamos !!

I love all those buildings, they looks very nice my friend !! Are you finally finishing your project ?
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Edvarz

Qué maravilla de edificios y de props!!!!

I've been following your thread for a long time, and I just wanted to stop by to compliment your work, you have created beautiful and varied buildings with richly detailed and realistic lots, it's just stunning to look at them. Plus, there is not a lot of hispanic-themed content out there, so you are certainly expanding the horizons here. I can't wait to make historic cities, little towns or historic downtowns with this set (a dream of mine would finally be fulfilled). :laugh:

This kind of content is what makes this game such a unique experience. Keep it up!

Felicitaciones y saludos desde México. :)