• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

c.p.'s BAT and Lot Workshop

Started by c.p., November 23, 2012, 04:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vortext

Well, to me it seems you just have bit of a hoarding problem!  $%Grinno$%

On a more serious note, and as already said: breaking it down into smaller, more manageable chunks seems like a good idea to start with. Even if that means there're no lots (yet), an industrial prop pack would be really neat for example. Furthermore I agree the abandoned buildings and trees (if there's such a thing as an abandoned tree anyway), while extremely nice, could to take a place on the back-burner in favor of diagonal and far orientations. Please don't forego far!  :)

Also, I'd be happy to lend a hand packaging and/or checking, or help out otherwise (mmps come to mind  ;)).

At any rate, the latest industrial looks really nice, the grey limestone (?) version in particular!  &apls

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

c.p.

Jack_wilds: Thanks!  I hope you're back on your feet again soon.  My computer is 11 years old, so no Cities Skylines for me (although it looks like a good game.)

Absalom: Thanks, the dilapidated trees kind of need to be in the tree packs, if they are going to be done at all.  (They would be dilapidated versions of healthy trees that are already in the tree packs).  I am going to experiment a bit before I give up on the idea entirely, though. &Thk/(

Matt: Thanks!  I'll try to keep the diagonals and FAR coming.

Erik: OK, I won't forgo the FAR.  Thanks for the offer.  I've actually made a bunch of MMPs for the new tree packs already.  However, they do need some work. . .

So here is another small industrial, Hankie Mill, which I started back in January.  It is a fictional building, and not in the style of any particular city.  These are the ortho versions.  (And don't worry, I am also working on FAR versions.)

Simcoug

More industrial goodies!  There's something about hulking factories with big polluting smokestacks that make me smile... I'm sure the environmentalists would hate my towns  $%Grinno$%

Thanks for keeping the FAR options open - they really compliment the NAM FA networks perfectly.   :thumbsup:

cmdp123789

Another great addtion.. looks beatiful. In my opinion (since I didnt comment on the last update) would be to do the same as the NAM team, stop at some point, and say "well this is it for this release"... And once you define that point, it will be easier to get organized on what to work and how to work on it. You have soooo many beatiful things going on right now, and so much work to do, that if you keep it up at this pace, you will never be able to work on it all by yourself  ()sad() It is just too much.

Now, luckily we have some of the best lotters offering some help, which is something that could really benefit this huge project to see the light, and it will help you also to have that pressure off.

In any case, it is only my opinion.. keep up the goodies, they look wonderful!

romualdillo

Great work again!! Keep it going!!  &apls

Bipin

These look great. Keep it up!  :thumbsup:

art128

Honestly, I agree with cmdp on this one. Don't push yourself too much with a lot of stuff, but instead try to release them in smaller package in time. With the help of talented lot creators like simcoug you don't need to worry too much about this side of things.

These buildings look great, it would be a shame to see them drive you to a burnout in the future so relax and try to spread it down the line, even if it takes one or two year more to release everything you're working on. It's better to have more smaller package rather than never seeing the large package coming, don't you think? :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

reddonquixote

Those Chicago Post-Office BATs on the previous page are really beautiful. I hope you keep going  :thumbsup:
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

c.p.

Thanks Matt, cmdp123789, romualdillo, Bipin, Arthur, and reddonquixote  :)

Matt (Simcoug) has already started making some lots, so that should help move this forward.  (Thanks Matt!)

The industrials and the Chicago Post Office are the easiest to break into small releases, and also they don't require the unfinished dependency packs.  So those are what I'm preparing for lotting and release in the relatively near future.

Just a small update for today: the FAR versions of the Hankie Mill and warehouse:

Simcoug

Have I mentioned how much I like FAR buildings?   ;D

cmdp123789

Looks great! I really like th FAR versions  &apls

belfastsocrates

Ohhhhhh a lot of wonderful things in here! Loving the Post Office and mill buildings!
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

bombardiere

The Mill and the Post Office are surely welcomed. I like the historical theme. Very useful on in my old time cities. Even though I am building a city on the other side of the pond. :) Thanks

noahclem

I'm really liking all these big, old industrial buildings  &apls  Such a neat style that's so rarely seen. Of course the ones that aren't as big also look outstanding and I'll join others in thanking you for making FA variants. Great to see you back!

c.p.

Thanks Matt, cmdp123789, belfastsocrates, bombardiere and Noah  :)

Here are some R$$ houses from Columbus, Ohio (the brick versions are the most Columbusian):

Some real-life scenes from Columbus:

vester

CP you are turning into SG. :)

That is one big and beautiful collection.  &apls

Simcoug

So awesome!  And those garages are a great addition too.     :thumbsup:

:popcorn:

FrankU

Quote from: vester on June 04, 2015, 02:02:31 PM
CP you are turning into SG. :)

Is this a compliment?  ;D

Yes, your work is great and the amount does indeed resemble Simgoober.  &apls

romualdillo

OMG!!! I'm totally overwhelmed!!  &apls  Great work with the FAR buildings and the new houses!!

c.p.

Thanks Arne, Matt, Frank and romualdillo :)

Just thought I'd share these pictures Matt (Simcoug) sent me, showing some of his lotting work on the Chicago Post Office and Spyder Packing.  ;D

The Chicago Post Office:

Spyder Packing Co.: