• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Traffic Signals in SC4--A Discussion Thread

Started by Tarkus, June 29, 2008, 12:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pagenotfound

these are nice models. cant wait to get my hands on them :thumbsup:
Im back baby! Everybody do the Bendah!

godjcjk12

I"m not so good with GMAX or BAT &mmm but I have some ideas of some other street/traffic lights, mainly those in the western U.S. like California, Nevada, Arizona, and Washington.

Edgware

nice pictures, i'm not too good with gmax either. 
Cities:

Tenian
Montgomery
Marketville
Bel Air Columbia

godjcjk12

Here are also a couple. These may be good on street intersections if possible or the end TLA's, roads, one ways etc.

zakuten

I was in Shanghai recently and I find their posting style interesting; no matter what, there's always 2 red-yellow-green lights posted next to eachother. If a turn light is needed, then you simply replace one of the green rounds with the proper arrow.(In one case, even a "bicycle left turn" signal.)
Visit my MD Respublikii Anaksii , or the reboot CJ "Kara`i Shores" since the region wiped, at http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=919 !
All comments are welcome! (Hopefully someday I can re-splice 'em together, but we'll see)

j-dub

In my town, there are plenty of bicycle lanes, confusing with being in the middle of the turn lanes, but those don't have seperate signals, its bad enough anyway.

These

from Krabi Town, Thailand has got to be the most interseting way to mount signals. The count down timer is smart, and alot safer too, instead of most using red light cameras, which are really to make extra money, instead of improove saftey, but thats another story.

@godjcjk12 All of those models you pictured, its possible for me to render those with the street light attached, it just takes up alot of memory for me. Turn arrow styles are a good idea, but wether they get incorporated to to the projects is questionable. 

Fresh Prince of SC4D

Happy to see I'm not the only getting tried of the boring Maxis lights.  Love everyones ideas but I think not enough Euro-based. Here's a few! "$Deal"$

Would someone be interested in MODing these ?
Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

j-dub

Those would be easy to model, but again, as for the modding, thats different. Can you explain the signal with the icons rather than the color?

MandelSoft

I think the stoplight with icons is for busses...

BTW, it's nice to see Euro traffic lights in SC4.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Andreas

Yes, the left signal in the third pic is used for buses and trams. It works the same way as a regular traffic light, though, the vertical bar (top) means "stop", the circle in the middle means "attention, wait for stop" and the triangle at the bottom means "go". Sometimes, there's a diagonal bar that points either to the right or to the left, this means "go only into indicated direction". If you look closely at the GLR-in-Avenue roundabout, you might have noticed that there's a traffic light for the tram on each side where the tracks cross the road. Obviously, it's too small to recognize the symbols, but they are there. ;) There's a German site that explains all signals in detail, maybe it's helpful for you: http://www.info-lsa.de
Andreas

j-dub

Yeah, its too bad the game couldn't have allowed more zooms for that to be clearly visible.
English Version of www.info-lsa.de

Fresh Prince of SC4D

Quote from: j-dub on July 29, 2008, 07:57:11 AM
Those would be easy to model, but again, as for the modding, thats different. Can you explain the signal with the icons rather than the color?

Modeling
Whoops wrong choice in words......... Would someone be interested in MODing these ?

j-dub

Well, I had to try doing it myself. You can kind of see the symbols here,

Its hard to tell, top light- maintenence, second- halt expect, third- permissive, fourth- proceeding/doors locked [letter-F] (obviously the f isn't short for an English word) I have noticed that different countries have the same traffic light parts, even though being overseas, and maybe functioning differently. While not every light is the same, I've sort of wondered how the ones that are the same, ended up in more then one land.

MandelSoft

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

j-dub

I can try pre-rendering that, but if I recall, the visibility of that from our eyes looking down in game is limited on that as well.

Starmanw402007

Those are awesome Lights that you are showing off. Keep up with the great work with this project and keep the updates coming!!
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

Fresh Prince of SC4D

^^^ ditto. :thumbsup:

EDIT- J-dub,sorry to ask but I got to know: could you release that light you just from you please ? I really would like to replace those boring maxis signals!

Monorail Master

Yeahhhhhh. We can use the pedestrain signals for the ped malls
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

Edgware

Quote from: j-dub on July 03, 2008, 08:26:43 AM
Some suggestions on stopsigns rather than traffic lights, and what we already have.
I had posted new stop signs on Heblem's Planning the Mock City, some slightly bigger stop signs that you could actually see they say stop, and still were not too big for Sims...

I can't find this, do you have a link?
Cities:

Tenian
Montgomery
Marketville
Bel Air Columbia

j-dub

EDIT

As for new stop signs, I don't know whats the status on them, you can find new stop signs here. http://thebestfilmakerever.googlepages.com/NewStopsign.zip however, they are just the model files, and they don't appear in game yet, just LE. &sly