• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Bugs in NAM, NWM, RHW and other traffic mods

Started by jedi93, November 27, 2011, 02:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedi93

1. Menu: Build Roads

Appeared in: NAM v29 (not corrected in Version 30)
Description: various underground roads

Error description: missing Euro-Textures although Euro-Textures-Mod is installed
Rotation ring: Underground Puzzle Pieces
Mod: SFBT Euro-Straßentextur-Mod from SFBT and NAM Team

Description: Intersection diagonal road with diagonal road

Error description: when building this piece on uneven terrain you get a big hole (sometimes)
Rotation ring: Wide Radius Road Curves and FARR
Mod: NAM

1.03 (not getting corrected)
Appeared in: NWM v1 (not corrected in Version 2)
Description: Turning Lane Avenue-3

Error description: when driving on center lane, the car directly turns into, then turns two tiles and disappears
Rotation ring: NWM pieces
Mod: NWM

1.04 (not getting corrected)
Description: Turning Lane Avenue-5

Error description: when driving on center lane, the car directly turns into, then turns two tiles and disappears

1.05 (not getting corrected)
Appeared in: NWM v2
Description: Turning Lane Avenue-7

Error description: when driving on center lane, the car directly turns into, then turns two tiles and disappears although you want to sty on your lane

1.06 (not getting corrected)
Description: One Way Road-5

Error description: when driving on center lane (with Shift) and want to change lane, you get turned around and drive wrong-way

2. Menu: Build Highways & Ramps

Description: sideways ground-level ramp parking lot

Error description: when building this piece on uneven terrain you get a big hole
Rotation ring: single-sided parallel ramps

3. Menu: Miscellaneous Transportations

Appeared in: NAM v30
Description: various underground Tram rails

Error description: missing Euro-Textures although Euro-Textures-Mod is installed
Rotation ring: Underground Puzzle Pieces
Mod: SFBT Euro-Straßentextur-Mod from SFBT and NAM Team
Description: diagonal Tram-Avenue with orthogonal Tram

Error description: no switch levers !
Rotation ring: Tram-Avenue
Description: diagonal Tram-Avenue with road and one-way-road
- diagonal Tram-Avenue with orthogonal road
- diagonal Tram-Avenue with one-sided orthogonal road
- diagonal Tram-Avenue with orthogonal one-way-road
- diagonal Tram-Avenue with one-sided orthogonal one-way-road

Error description: when building these pieces on uneven terrain you get a big hole

Description: 4way Tram-in-road with Pedmall

Error description: the Tram from West (left) cannot drive to North (up), instead drives for a short time to North, cancels, and then drives straight to East.
From all other sides the switches are fully functional. Error appears only from West on the Tram-in-Road.
Rotation ring: Tram-in-Road

Description: Tram-in-road intersection with Tram-Avenue

Error description: the Tram from West (left) cannot drive to North (up), instead drives for a short time to North, cancels, and then drives straight to East.
From all other sides the switches are fully functional. Error appears only from West on the Tram-in-Road
Rotation ring: Tram-in-Road

Description: Tram-Avenue intersection with Tram-in-Road on one side

Error description: when shifting a switch, the arrow still points at the "old" direction

Description: Tram-Avenue intersection with normal Tram on one side

Error description: when shifting a switch, the arrow still points at the "old" direction

Description: orthogonal/diagonal Tram-Avenue Y-intersection

Error description: one missing switch lever

Description: Tram-Avenue Y-intersection with Avenue

Error description: missing switch levers

Description: Tram-Avenue Y-intersection with Tram-Avenue

Error description: no mirror-inverted version
Rotation ring: Tram-on-Road

Description: orthogonal Tram-Avenue with one-sided diagonal Tram-in-Avenue

Description: orthogonal Tram-Avenue with diagonal Tram-Avenue and orthogonal Avenue

Error description: many missing switch levers

Description: orthogonal/diagonal Tram-Avenue intersection

Description: Tram roundabout: Transition to Tram-Avenue

Description: Tram-on-Road transition to Tram curve and two roads

Error description: no mirror-inverted version

Description: T crossing, + crossing
- Canal T crossing
- Canal + crossing

Error description: you cannot steer the canal ferries
Rotation ring: Canal Addon Mod
Mod: NAM (with Canal Addon Mod)

4. Menu: Build Rails & Depots

Description: Railway viaduct over Tram

Error description: if you want to cross this puzzle piece with Tram in UDI-Mode,
the Tram drives on the Railroad viaduct instead of under the viaduct, and then disappears.
Also the rail texture is not like the other Tram pieces
Rotation ring: Rail puzzle pieces

Description: various switches for DTR
- DTR straight
- DTR straight to 45° curve
- DTR straight to diagonal
- DTR diagonal to parallel diagonal
- cross switch

Error description: switch levers are only on some pieces.
when shifting a switch, the arrow still points at the "old" direction.
Rotation ring: Wide Radius Railroad Curve and FARR

Appeared in: Rail Addon Mod - STR Set 1
Description: various switches for STR
- STR switch to 90° STR
- STR switch to 45° STR
- STR switch to 90°
- STR switch to 45
- STR switch to parallel STR
- DTR switch to parallel STR
- STR switch diagonal to orthogonal STR
- DTR switch diagonal to orthogonal STR

Error description: switch levers are only on some pieces.
when shifting a switch, the arrow still points at the "old" direction.
Rotation ring: RAM - Single Track Rail
Mod: Rail Addon Mod - STR Set 1

Source: Simforum.de
translated by: jedi93

Tarkus

First off, thanks for the thorough list. :)

I'll address a few of these at the moment:

1.2, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4

These are not bugs--they are simply items that have not been created or stabilized, so I would consider these "requests", not "bug reports".

This sounds like a Euro texture issue, not a NAM issue.

1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 1.7

These issues have been known about for a long time, but correcting the automata/UDI issues would create other, larger functionality issues that would render those networks useless.  They will not be modified.  It's more likely that the Automata Controllers would be modified than the NWM network pathing.

-Alex

jdenm8

For the RHW-4 over STR issues, that's more beacuse of the confusion with Cross linking NAM components.
I have provided models and rough paths to Tarkus about two months ago to include and it should be rectified in RHW 5.1/6.0 as part of Project 0E.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

jedi93

okay, some issues are not NAM issues, yeah...
but i've not tested these things, i have just translated it^^

DAB_City

Yes, I have experienced the 'Massive Ditch Glitch' and the Turning Lane UDI problems... I hope there are easy fixes to these  ;)
Hello SimCity Devotees! If you want to find out more about me, why not visit my profile? Free drinks and biscuits, if that would tempt anyone ;)

http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/user/360022-dab-city/

jdenm8

We don't really know what exactly causes the Hole to China Bug (Where it punches a hole in the terrain), but optimising the ConsLayout seems to prevent it from happening.

As for the UDI "Problem", there is no bug there. The networks function (in the context of the simulator) as intended. Without removing the Simulator-context function, there is no way to fix the UDI "Problem".

DAB_City

Quote from: jdenm8 on December 23, 2011, 07:45:54 AM
We don't really know what exactly causes the Hole to China Bug (Where it punches a hole in the terrain), but optimising the ConsLayout seems to prevent it from happening.

As for the UDI "Problem", there is no bug there. The networks function (in the context of the simulator) as intended. Without removing the Simulator-context function, there is no way to fix the UDI "Problem".

Whatever the 'ConsLayout' is... Thanks for explaining anyway ;)
Hello SimCity Devotees! If you want to find out more about me, why not visit my profile? Free drinks and biscuits, if that would tempt anyone ;)

Cire360

I applogize if this is the wrong place to post this.

First I'd like  to thank each and everyone of you fellows working on mods.  I just recently fell onto the comminity here and have been pretty quiet keeping to myself while downloading and attempting to figure things out, all the while having a complete field day implementing this stuff into my cities.  You all are doing one hell of a job, and I for one appeciate your hard work and dedication, i'm sure theres alot more out there like me who are content keeping to themselves and working away and i'm sure i speak for them as well.

That said I have to post the reason why I have come here, and that is to address an issue with RHW that I have found.  The problem arrises per say when you are using the default bridges that comes with RHW 5.0.  I dunno if ya'll know this or not so again please forgive me.

To describe the problem simply start wtih 2 highways running north and south say rhw-4's. If there is a large body of water that these seperated highways have to cross is when you will see the problem as you drag and complete your highways over the body of water you will notice that both bridges traffic both runs the same way.  If this is already known is there a viable soulation?  I've pretty much redid all the highways and laid out a very custom and unqiue look and feel to my city.  I was disapponted that I had to bottleneck my highways as there is no rh-6 bridges yet, but as i understand it they are under development and i understand these things take time.

Best of luck.

Cire360

Wee I figured a work around I have to drag the bridge from the other side.

jdenm8

Sadly it's a limitation, OWR bridges are the same.

Cire360

I just can't wait for bigger bridges, I designed most of my cities now using RHW, i just love it.  But I didn't realize that bigger bridges didn't exists till i got to a city with water, and since its a mid sized area i was using rwh-6 highways, which left me with 1 of 2 options, step down traffic into a rhw4, effectivly bottlenecking traffic, or step up to a rwh-8 and then split it into 2 rhw-4's which requires quite a bit more space, design, work and cost.  Hopefully soon we'll see some of those bigger bridges.

mike3775

Quote from: Cire360 on February 24, 2012, 11:09:30 PM
I just can't wait for bigger bridges, I designed most of my cities now using RHW, i just love it.  But I didn't realize that bigger bridges didn't exists till i got to a city with water, and since its a mid sized area i was using rwh-6 highways, which left me with 1 of 2 options, step down traffic into a rhw4, effectivly bottlenecking traffic, or step up to a rwh-8 and then split it into 2 rhw-4's which requires quite a bit more space, design, work and cost.  Hopefully soon we'll see some of those bigger bridges.

I agree.  Thats my main issue also.  I like using RHW-10's for the most part and I always have to go down to RHW-8 and then split into 2 RHW-4's in each direction, then reconnect and expand back to RHW-10

Another thing I di is go from 10 down to 4 and then build a MHW bridge and connect the RHW-4 to it and then expand back out

DAB_City

How about going from RHW-10 to RHW-6S to MHW (for a MHW bridge)? See this article if you would like to know how to make a [basic] RHW-6S<>MHW transition.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: DAB_City on February 25, 2012, 07:56:19 AM
See this article if you would like to know how to make a [basic] RHW-6S<>MHW transition.

As the person who posted and tested that (and it wasn't my idea, it was j-dub's), that kind of transition is still not proper; The MHW to OWR part still narrows down to two lanes, then it abruptly changes to OWR-3 to 6S.

That's essentially a workaround for an absent RHW to MHW transition, not a true solution.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

DAB_City

Oh, I see... If you have some spare time after the current NAM development, would you consider implementing a proper transition? I see that ivo-su has [had] already started with textures. A lot of users would find this useful, especially with an elevated version as well!

MandelSoft

Texturing is not the hardest part: it's the modeling of this particular piece that causes trouble. Transit modeling is very picky (unlike the BAT) and that's why there are not much new model-related NAM components; they just take a lot of time and effort to make...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE