• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Kolbrow (13.10.2019 - Olsza - a mosaic)

Started by kbieniu7, October 09, 2008, 11:00:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akallan

Beautiful, naturally appears in its place! Wallibuk buildings are excellent! :thumbsup:
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

Themistokles

Quote from: kbieniu7 on October 08, 2016, 10:55:12 AMThanks to a variety of awesome models of Slovak churches made by Wallibuk and uploaded at Simtropolsi I can introduce my policy of non-repeating churches, that means each town or village can have its own unique church, that doesn't pop in any other place in Galand ;)
I know that feeling... It's so good when one realises that one can have both quality and variation! :D

And I think I have missed some of your earlier updates... I really like the way you have made the village extend out into the countryside along the roads, it looks so realistic. &apls

Last but not least, a belated congratulation to your graduation! Hope you're enjoying your newfound place in the "real world". ;)
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

compdude787

Nice updates! I love the way you do farms! Congratulations on graduating from university and good luck in your new career!
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

kbieniu7

Michae95l - Thank you! To be honest, I thought once about looking for a sidewalk mod, that changes the white maxis plates. But I didn't know and still don't know - do sidewalk mods change the textures of NAM puzzles as well? What about base textures on lots? Or about overlay textures (like a triangle semi-tile sidewalk, that comes with texutre packs or default maxis 1/5, 1/3 and 1/2 overlays? ???
Akallan - Thanks! :)
Themistokles - Thank you! Yep, I do enjoy it. It's a training period for the moment, so I do not have too much amitious work there, but I'm happy :D
compdude787 - All in-game layouts are inspired by real-life layouts. As always ;) Thanks!

Ok, so, we're moving on. Skała lays just by the Kolbrów, so moving a little bit we can easily see block estates in Kolbrów's south-east districts. Some of them old, some of them quite new. We can spot a recently built buissnes park.

Pre-fabs, pre-fabs and pre-fabs. Filled with trees, playgrounds and a lot of space.

The parks smoothly blends with uncontrolled greenery...

...which obviously is a favourite place for kids from a nearby school ;D

This part of the city ends quite sharply. Almost a country-side, just with increased traffic and powerlines.

There's a small station Kolbrów-Batowice on a railway going south-east, on the edges of Kolbrów.

Urban skyline...

...during sunset.

Regards!
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

compdude787

Looks nice, I like how you have that 6-lane boulevard that transitions to RHW on either side of the city. I also love the apartment blocks!

Quote from: kbieniu7 on October 22, 2016, 08:24:44 AM
Michae95l - Thank you! To be honest, I thought once about looking for a sidewalk mod, that changes the white maxis plates. But I didn't know and still don't know - do sidewalk mods change the textures of NAM puzzles as well? What about base textures on lots? Or about overlay textures (like a triangle semi-tile sidewalk, that comes with texutre packs or default maxis 1/5, 1/3 and 1/2 overlays? ???

Sidewalk mods don't change the appearance of NAM puzzle pieces that have the sidelwalks baked in, like the TuLEPs for example. It will change the appearance of base textures on lots, though.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

art128

Oh yes, yes. That's my kind of thing. Lovely. :)

You perfectly nailed the look of such areas.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

_Michael

Quote from: compdude787 on October 22, 2016, 10:20:39 AM
Looks nice, I like how you have that 6-lane boulevard that transitions to RHW on either side of the city. I also love the apartment blocks!

Sidewalk mods don't change the appearance of NAM puzzle pieces that have the sidelwalks baked in, like the TuLEPs for example. It will change the appearance of base textures on lots, though.
Well actually, I'm afraid Compdude787 is not quite correct. While ordinarily a sidewalk mod will only change dragable roads, with two or three mods by MGB, all NAM textures and most base textures will be changed with not only your terrain mod but your sidewalk mod as well. I'll PM you the links in a bit. :). And nice entry by the way!

noahclem

Lovely update  &apls  You do a great job seamlessly transitioning from prefabs to parks and farms

Akallan

The freeway-avenue transition is really great! The idea of the diagonal field is excellent too! ()stsfd()
My CJ :

Silur

I love houses of the Soviet era. Such an ugly and fascinating. Thank you. Very interesting.  :thumbsup:

Vizoria

That diagonal farmland is so frigging cool. It would be even cooler if the stripes of crops matched up.

Silur

Quote from: Vizoria on October 22, 2016, 03:08:16 PM
That diagonal farmland is so frigging cool. It would be even cooler if the stripes of crops matched up.

I think - this is a small mistake with Ir fields. But the idea and work is SUPER. This is a real fields from Eastern Europe - You can see it on Google Earth. And work with region - is great.  &apls

manga rivotra

Excellent work ! I love these farms fiels and the sunset picture is trully brilliant.  :thumbsup:

kbieniu7

Thanks for replies, I'll aswer to each one individually later. Now I just post an info, that the best of my BATs have been uploaded to the LEX. All of them signed as Polish BAT Team (Polska Grupa BAT) approved item. Previously they were avaible only at SimCityPolska, today, you can download them from there :)

Pre-fabs from the last update are also included in the list. You can view the latest ones or search by my nickname.

Good night  ;)

Alan_Waters

Great job! This greatly beautify my city.  &apls

Silur

Excellent work! Thank You! I saw SC4 Polska and I think this very great site.
think You can upload many objects on http://sc4devotion.com
Thank You once more ...   &apls
And something - SC4 Polska have tremendous serial rural Old Poland buildings - I like all  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Akallan

My CJ :

kelis

&apls &apls &apls &apls

Fantastic update once again, I must stop following your MD, I want to make a Polish region everytime that I see your fantastic region  :'(
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Missvanleider

Your pictures are excellent. I admit that I don't interact with the community of the site very often, well done, salutations. I now feel bad that I haven't posted for the updates of so many others also, so I may as well just extend my thanks to everyone who contributes to the community of sc4. Please keep going, even though I and many others should be more effusive in paying our respects, and more liberal with our sprinkling of praise!

kbieniu7

compdude787 - Thanks. Actually, I tried to build a road, that is an urban higher-speed artery, but not yet a motorway. And as far, as there are no smooth curves for AVE-6, I decided to convert it to RHW-6C at some points.
Arthur - Well, I actually grew up on a similiar quarter ;) Thanks!
michae95l - I've already answered you via PM, but once again thank you very much for the help :)
Noah - heh, I tried to catch the atmosphere of those unused lands around such areas :D Thank you!
Akallan - Merci! ;)
Silur - Yeah, so ugly, that it became beautiful ;) Bu quite often pre 1989 estates are better planned that the newer ones.
Vizoria, Silur x2 - Yep, it's the kind of detail, that could be done better, buy I had no more patience to fix it then... :/
manga rivotra - thank you!

Alan_Waters, Silur x3 - Thanks guys, it's really nice to hear that :)
Kelis - oh, come on! You are already doing great things in SimCity! :) But, you know, there are quite plenty of real BATs from Kraków, by the way... :P
Missvanleider - Thanks for the words, really nice to hear that, I guess, that it's not only me, who would say that! And thanks for visiting this thread :)

Ok, just few more shots from the same estate, a bit more gold-painted ones ;) Actually, I don't know, where I will post the next updates from. We'll see.

Enjoy!