• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

compdude787

Quote from: dyoungyn on October 17, 2016, 01:09:27 PM
Great job.  Only wish that the exit ramps on the diagonal RHW went from RHW6S to RHW4S or even RHW86 to RHW6S.  Finally, one would need diagonal transitions.

I agree, it would be nice to finally be able to have accel lanes for diagonal RHW. But, I'd also like to have the FA ramps be FLEXed. It's hard to tell from my picture, but after having put both of those onramps in right next to the overpass, it causes the RHW to deconvert to RHW-2 underneath the overpass. Ehh, whatever. It'll get fixed eventually. :)
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Haljackey

Here's a big dude I built.

Click for full size

dyoungyn

Yep, it truly is a HUGE monster all right.  Great job and would be even so much better with more gentle elevated curves.  I personally have always strive to build much more gentle curves with both FARR and diagonal pieces.

compdude787

That's a nice cloverstack, Haljackey!! &apls :thumbsup:

My YouTube Channel

Haljackey

Quote from: dyoungyn on October 18, 2016, 10:10:58 AM
Yep, it truly is a HUGE monster all right.  Great job and would be even so much better with more gentle elevated curves.  I personally have always strive to build much more gentle curves with both FARR and diagonal pieces.

Luckily now we have 3 choices for elevated curves.

1. Standard curve
2. Elongated curve
3. FlexFly

I used the second one for this junction. Flex Fly would have required a couple tiles more of approaches (L0-L1 transition), increasing the size of the interchange.

dyoungyn

WOW and more WOW:D  The Flexfly is my favorite.  I have come to the realization that in order to have more gentle curves, it takes up more space and well worth it. 

Great job and keeping my fingers crossed these will make NAM35.

mgb204

Quote from: dyoungyn on October 18, 2016, 10:39:50 PM
Great job and keeping my fingers crossed these will make NAM35.

Do you mean the Elevated curves and FlexFly, because those were included in NAM 33.

Haljackey

Yep all those curves are available in the latest NAM.

Made a new junction, which uses the 45 degree FlexFly curves.

Click for full size

Gugu3

noahclem

Sweet cloverstack and curved interchange  &apls  I would like the cloverstack it more if you'd used the wider curves as mentioned...

I have a bit different of an intersection:

click for full size

_Michael

Oh. My. Goodness. I. Need. That. Now!
I love the turning lane.
NAM35 is looking to be awesome.
(I assume it's coming out then?)

Akallan

Haljackey and noahclem: your work is beautiful, is really impressive! Very good pictures! &apls :thumbsup:
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

noahclem

Thanks!

It's actually all just re-texturing of current pieces at this point so until I modify the paths traffic won't actually use the turning lane and just drives over the triangle of sidewalk :D  The good thing about that is that it doesn't need to be released at the same time as a NAM release, though for a release that would take advantage of Willy's work on draggable tram-on-street it would have to go with a NAM. It's a very large project which modifies avenues and NWM in addition to the tram networks so I can't say when it will be finished although I'd really like to have a beta ready by the end of the year. That said, I do make my working versions available on request so you can actually have it now; it will just have a number of missing pieces, limited stations, etc.

Edit:
Here's the Y-piece shown--the right and left tiles aren't part of the piece:

Right hand side has errors because only one half is needed for the textures in game

compdude787

Looks awesome! I like what I see here!

My YouTube Channel

Gugu3

kbieniu7

Haljackey - Was the island and the terrain shape first, so you had to fit with your junction, or did you model it after, where "free space" was avaible?  :P

Noah - that's really unexpected entry in this topic. But I love this triangle-connector. And zebra painting on the tramway tracks! :thumbsup:
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Haljackey

Oh wow Noah! I love slip lanes, especially those that don't take up extra tiles. That's awesome!

-----

Quote from: kbieniu7 on October 22, 2016, 08:38:26 AM
Haljackey - Was the island and the terrain shape first, so you had to fit with your junction, or did you model it after, where "free space" was avaible?  :P

Funny you should ask this. The answer is... sort of. A good comparison is comparing to the 3-way interchange that used to be in this location.
-I lost a some city tiles I worked on due to a 'system' restore' on my PC after I got some sort of malware. I look at the positive though, gives me a chance to remake some stuff.

Compare (new)

To (old)

(Still gotta rebuild that bullet train line ;))

compdude787

Looks better than before!!

My YouTube Channel

dyoungyn

I disagree, I liked the first version better as it looked much better. :D

APSMS

I dunno. I like the terrain in the old pic better, but the interchange in the new version is better and is 4 way instead of three-way, though admittedly that 90 degree turn on the RHW-8S limits the speed a lot more than 2 45o turns.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation