• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Saitama Prefecture - The Port of Japan

Started by kelis, December 08, 2011, 03:25:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

c.p.

Nice start.  I really like the train station :thumbsup:

vortext

Nice start indeed. I like the new MD approach too, always fun and informative to see how other people build their cities!   :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

kelis

# Update [11]  ~  Sagamigawa city /  - Saitama Prefecture ||

################################################

Sagamigawa-shi is a small city located close to Sando-Shi. (Sando-Shi is the biggest city located in the northeast part of Saitama Prefecture). Sagamigawa-shi was a village which later became a city, nowadays Sagamigawa-shi is part of the metropolitan area of Saitama and for to be more concrete nowadays Sagamigawa works as residential neighborhood for Sando-Shi

• Most of the people use the train for arrive and leave the city. Sagamigawa-shi has a unique train line which is connected with the rest of the prefecture by the Sando line

• The Jr Sagamigawa station is a small terminal station which was created and built to connect Sagamigawa-Shi with Sando city and in this way connect the small city with the rest of Saitama Prefecture

• With the construction of the Sagamigawa line, the city has experimented a small growth and that is visible in the city today. There are some apartments in the city which is rare due Sagamigawa is a old city where the small residential and comercial houses dominate the city •

• The population of the city is around 155.000 inhabitants and most of those inhabitants are living in small houses, so that means Sagamigawa has a high density and it is an important residential area for the Prefecture, but especially for Sando city, because a lot of people from Sagamigawa work in Sando-Shi •

Sagamigawa-Shi is one of those cities which has nothing special but it gives a lot for the economy and and the proper functioning of the Saitama Prefecture. It is a home for more than 100.000 inhabitants and a key for the growth of Sendo-Shi and also it is the center of another project built in the Saitama Prefecture that we will visit in the next updates

• It's night and the last trains coming from the rest of Prefecture have arrived. People just want to go home, eat something and rest in their own beds, tomorrow is gonna be another day, another train...•

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Greetings / Saludos / Groeten

# Jonathan.
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

romualdillo

Great work!!! I like it a lot!!  &apls Although the area you've shown is relatively small, it has a lot of details: The playground, the cemetery, car and bike parkings, signals, sewers... I'm still looking at your pictures trying to assimilate everything I see.  &apls

Themistokles

Wow, that's a lot of bikes! :thumbsup: Great work and great details, as always!
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

Nanami

Really nice work here! You really done very well this city! I really love those apartment buildings

carlfatal

Wow! I like all the detail work here, stunning pictures like always!  &apls

c.p.

Nice pictures, I really like the cemetery and the all the bike parking :thumbsup:

noahclem

Lovely update  &apls  You do a very nice job with your open spaces and parking areas, among many other things  :thumbsup:

art128

Awesome update, Jonathan. As usual you've put a lot of work in your cities. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

vortext

A fine update indeed, wonderful little details everywhere!!  &apls
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

FrankU

Sorry that I am a bit late, but I can only confirm what the others already said: fine detail, beautiful images, strange city. So different than what I am used to, but that is the Japanese way, right?

kelis

# Small preview of the next update. Finally Kawasaki is getting shape :thumbsup:

Thanks to everybody for the fantastic comments ! I am working a lot on my Japanese region to bring more updates. Replies with the full update. Thanks !!

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

# Jonathan.

.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Dantes

kelis

# Update [12]  ~ The new face of  Saitama Prefecture  / 

################################################

• There are a lot of reasons on my head to create a new version of Saitama. The first one is simple, I just want to do a more realistic job. The second one is the next one; I see a lot of people doing "Japanese" regions right now...which is good, or I thought that was good...but in my humble opinion they are changing the real vision of a Japanese region, so I wanted to create a different thing, something completely different and of course more realistic... something new, more personal and with a stronger Japanese feeling..and that's the new version of Saitama, with a lot of personal stuff to give that touch to the region. Today I will share with you some pictures around the new ports of the city. Most of the pictures were taking around Kawasaki city and port. I hope you like all of them and enjoy my friends •

• The small port of Hatsukaichi

• There are three artificial island in the port of Kawasaki, here you can see a picture of one of those islands •

• A nice view of the old port of Kawasaki •

• The entire Prefecture of Saitama is connected by the "Saitama Aqualiner". This boat connects all the important cities located in the bay of Saitama •

Kawasaki has two ports. One international which receive ships coming from some parts of world, and this one. This port works just for the prefecture, it brings products around the Prefecture using barges and smaller ports.

# Jonathan.

.                                                                                                                      

cmdp123789

Great pictures, and good update... it is needed after some late news about sc4 and cities skylines.. I dont want people to drop simcity 4 =(

I know the game seems pretty good, and Im not agaisnt it, but I feel like sc4 is becoming the sc3000.. and its soon to be forgotten...

Anyways, keep up the good work my friend! I like those seawalls.. and yes, it does look very japanese!

romualdillo

Great images!! As always there are a lot of details to see.  :thumbsup:

Gugu3

noahclem

Really beautiful harbor images  &apls. The whole area looks remarkably well planned and realistic. Keep up the outstanding work!!

Dantes

The master of the port construction is back! A very impressive update! Many new ideas. I will now be able to never show my port again.