• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments

Started by Tyberius06, August 09, 2016, 06:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyberius06

Hi everyone!
I need help with Model Tweaker.
I'm making my Lottin Essential file which will contain a bunch of timed props (cars, buses, people etc...), yepp still that project is going on before I go back to lotting and playing.
My problem is that Blanco_05's station prop pack contains 4 different busses with 4 different rotations (22,5-45-67,5-90) by each, which is fine, but one of straight 90 deg. bus version is rotated vertically and the other 3 straight bus versions rotated horizontally.
I know I might can use the Tweaker, but honestly according to the Tweaker support thread there are limitations with the model rotating feature, and I don't really understand that, for me it's to techy: "Only 1-Z/R models, eg automata, can be freely rotated, and actually not all of them, only those which are designed as such. However, for models with relatively simple LODs and for small angles, it may be possible to perform a rotation with fairly acceptable results. You will have to fool the program to allow this. - Cogeo"
Can I rotate that bus model with 90 deg clockwise? I tried the following method, but the new "model" didn't show up in the PIM-X.

- I copied the S3D files (20) of the model into a new DAT file in the Reader
- then I give them new instance ID - on this point I'm already lost, because what I found information here and there those say that one can change the 5th digit of the instance ID (f.e. 0x00030000 to 0x00031000, however the Reader has an option which gives totally random numbers and I don't know which option I have to use. Manually change certain digits or the total random option is good as well?
- and than I can use this new file in the Tweaker to make the rotation...

But I don't know what else I need to do to get the new "model" to show up in X-Pim. The HELP option of the Tweaker says something about a modified XML file what I need to make/change for the new "model", but I don't know how to generate or modify that one...
Probably I was blind but I haven't found any step-by-step tutorial how to use the tweaker. The only actual tutorial is from Swordmaster, but that's about scaling...
Oh and yes, when I tried to load up the "new model" into X-PIM, the original model (unchanged) was in my loading plugin folder as well, since that contains the rest of the data of the model...

Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Tyberius06

Hi everyone!

It's been a long time that I came up with something new. It's time to bump this thread up a bit. Well later I need to clean the mess up. Sadly my previous image host sites were gone, so I have a lot of "empty" space...
Anyway, during the last couple of months I built up my dependency essential package which contains almost 900 timed props altogether in 96 "new" timed props families from creators like Girafe (cars), AndisArt (also cars), motokloss (buses), Namspopof and Delecto (people), Blanco_05 (HD buses and railcars, rail engines), Orange_o and R6 (vehicles), Simmer2 (in this release only a few of his hard working people props), SimCityFreak666 (railcar props) and there are additional single timed props too. Also I merged into this package some of my previous already released prop famillies, so clreanitol file will be included too. Since it's quite a huge package it has quite a few dependencies (yepp this is a dependency pack with additional dependencies just for you... ;) :) ), but these are quite common dependencies these days so shouldn't be a problem. Lotters can have fun building up new lots with awesome timed props...

Thanks everybody for the help (Nick - timing lessons, Erik - Model Tweaker, Brian - constant support!!!! :) )

Well I revisited one of my lots from last year (it never got to be released), I needed a gas, service station, so made it one. The lot is using the new essential's timed props and timed prop families.

I need some further tests both on the lot and with the timed props, but probably during the weekend I'll release both of them. (Taxi on the disabled place is intentional, I'm thinking of puting a sim there to shout a bit with that taxi rude driver... ;) )

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.

PaPa-J

Looks great! I hope all the tests work our fine, this would be a nice little lot to have.
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

Tyberius06

Hi everybody!

Thanks for the likes and support!

I managed to reboot my thread opening post, where now you can find collected all my uploaded projects.

I uploaded the Heretic Essentials and Heretic Shell Service Station just now.

Also I updated the Heretic SG CAL Canal Expansions vol. 1 and several other uploads of mine over at STEX.
Have fun and enjoy!

- Tyberius

Tyberius06

Hi!

Now after releasing the Essential Pack with the timed props, I started to make some new LOTs. I already showed the concept, using Mattb325's recently released rail and other network stations and mixing them with other buildings. Well the project is moving forward so I show some more pictures. Only 4+1+1 stations at this moment, but more is on the way. Probably I will release them in two parts eventually.

1. The main project with these 4 stations. (probably there will be more)

2. I call it Neo Noir Station after my SC4 Region. It will be ideal in w2w enviroment. There will be more version of this concept like L1 ERRW among others...

3.Shinjuku Station Relot, it just happened.

4. This will be rather a totally different project. I will turn some small rail terminuses to GLR terminuses. This one is the first.

To be continued...

- Tyberius

Krasner

Nice  &apls And appreciable that you thought to add a shunt to that GLR terminus, indeed it would be essential for its running irl  ::)
ANARCHIST !!

AsimPika3172

Best terminus ever!!!  :thumbsup: &apls &apls &apls
Also best seaports ever!!  :thumbsup: &apls &apls &apls
Waiting for you next projects!  :popcorn: :bnn: :thumbsup:
I loves Sim City forever!

Simmer2

Excellent work! Especially on the GLR terminus  &apls

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

Akallan

Simply incredible! Your work is beautiful, you have used the existing BAT very well by improving even more the lots. The terminus for the tram is great too, wonderful work! &apls
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

Tyberius06

Hi everyone!

First I want to thank for everyone the likes, the nice words and the support.

Well if I start a project usually I coundn't stop myself and doing bigger sets with more variety (Ok, there are exceptions, like the shell service station, but that was a little come back work).
So recently I got involved in multiple projects, as you may know, besides my general LOTting stuffs. You can read about these other SC4 related projects in THIS LINKED thread. It could be interesting past, current and future Custom Content developers too, because I'm hoping in a little discussion about some kind of unified/universal approach in that matter. But details on the link above.

Than I jumped over a bit the Railway Terminus Project, and started to make GLR Stations and Terminuses. They are coming along really nicely, so I show them on pictures. They still need some love, but soon...

1. 2 larger pass through stations, I call them Brian Station 2x and 3x (because they were made for helping out b22rian who is building a nice little GLR network currently). There are 4 terminuses (3 of them are using art128's wonderfull station models - let's hope he come back to make more BATs one day!) and the fourth one is Nilo7's Greenbelt station relot-ish. Also the set will contain 2 filler pieces, one with a cross-over-switch, and one with zebra crossings. Zebra crossing textues on the GLR tracks are custom made but they were based on kingofsimcity's SuperSHK Megatexture pack, I used the overlays as samples from that set. Apart from the static building props (and catenaries, bollards), the other props are "moving", I mean timed props (and the next update of the Heretic Essentials will contain some of them expanding the set, also the cobblestone base texture will be there). Please note, that the brownish GLR textures are made by MGB204 and came from his Sandstone Euro NAM or Sidewalk NAM Mod (SWN) (the later one is unreleased atm, as I know). The tram and catenary props were made by Simmer2 and can be found in  his first prop pack (until he would release his MegaProp pack soon), some of the fences came from also on of his Prop Packs, and the transparent roofed bus shelter and the fence on the second terminus from the top can be found in his Rutger Hauer station upload, but those probably will end up in the upcoming MegaProp Pack too. Some of the street art props and other bus shelter props were by Reddonquixote and can be found in his HD Prop Pack. Also the original split tracks came from Ebina who made the override textures for cogeo 's suburban tram stations.

2. L1 ERRW terminus and GLR Terminus Transfer Hub.

Soon more stations are coming...

- Tyberius

b22rian

Tibi,

this is such a wonderful set of stations really  :thumbsup:

You have really progressed in all areas of batting and transit modding over the last couple months or so,
and I and the rest of the community now look on with both interest and anticipation in the future projects that you have planned here ..

Seaman

Wait, the last, big one: is it an elevated rail terminus with an integrated GLR terminus in the other direction? Thats unique and a wonderful idea! great idea!

Tyberius06

Hi everyone!

In two volume there will be altogether 11 new GLR terminus stations, 2 pass through stations, and 2 ontop fillers. The first volume mostly ready, however I have to make some tweaks here and there.
1. I already showed the Heretic GLR Station and Terminus Pack v.1, but I put here just for a reminder.

2. Heretic GLR Station and Terminus Pack v.2
These are mostly raw plans in very early stages, but some of them is coming along nicely.

The smallest terminus in the set, which using the Shmails TIA platform and Simmer2 platform props additionaly as support. :)

Art128 Mitaki Downtown Large GLR Terminal

ITS Coshan Dual GLR terminal w2w verions

Art128 Sukamoto Large GLR terminal with SM2 Kennedy Hub.

Same concept with a little extra. It will get a more or less full custom texture so the current will be changing. On both pictures the dark grey HD base texture was made by Simmer2 and can be found in his SM2 Essentials.

And the last concept is a fun project so this will be totally take-it-or-leave-it. I like its extremity, and a huge thanks for Simmer2 making the grey modular platform props for my request. Although, I have to admit, that this one is not for everybody.

Stay tunned...

- Tyberius

Simmer2

________________________________________________________________________________

Tyberius06

Thanks Nick!
Well there was some changes since I post here last time.
I'm putting together the update of my Heretic Essential (which contents will be essential for the upcoming releases) and the readme for the first GLR station sets. Now since I already showed pictures about the the first two Volume, I'm moving forward and drop a few pictures from volume 3 and 4. Altogether in the next couple of weeks I'm about to release 29+1 GLR related station lots in four volume so stay tuned.

1. Greenbelt Downtown Terminal with a little twist ;)

2. Mitaki Downtonw still in WIP stage

3. The Spire Luas GLR Terminus and Coshan Downtown - they will be part of the second volume

4. Tonkso Europa and WestEnd Cross stations

5. Mid-city Downtown

6. Glendale-on-Valleymede. Thanks for @Simmer2 making these amazing shelters...

7. WestEND City Center Terminal

8. Piazza Fontana which is quite a unique one in this way. The right side flup tunnel is actually working as a flup portal to underground FLUP networks (see picture 9.) such as regular flup puzzle pieces or the Underground TRAM puzzle pieces (where  the Trams are goind underneath the on-surface road/avenue network. The other station is called Great Sicily...

9. The UDI is working perficly with this station and the FLUP system.

They will be available soon...

- Tyberius

b22rian

Trust me everyone...

this is NO over statement

by far okay, the best station pack releases in the community for several years is to come shortly !!!!

so stay tuned !!!  :thumbsup:

Tyberius06

Hi everybody!

Thanks for the support everybody!
I uploaded the first set of my GLR station and terminus pack. 9 Lots with variable dimensions and capacities. Please read the attached readme and excel spreadsheet for more details.
Heretic GLR Station and Terminus Pack v.1

Also I updated the my essentials to v1.1. To avoid conflicts and problems, it is really important, that you have to re-download the Heretic Essentials (if you have v1.0). Also it is important, that you have to remove/delete the Heretic Essential v1.0 folders (which are taking place in you Plugins\Heretic Projects\Dependency Essential) completely before you install the v1.1.
Heretic Essentials (v1.1)

Have fun and enjoy!

- Tyberius

Simmer2

Tyberius06

Hi everybody!

Thanks for the support and likes!

Well the first station set is out now, and here comes the Volume 2, which is a smaller and less shiny pack. 6 stations which were made for requests from B22rian and Kitsune/Redfox84. Also the meantime I finished the rest of the stations. Volume 3 and 4 will be coming in the next weeks. The four volume altogether contain 28 stations and 2 eyecandy LOTs and also a plus one bonus LOT which is kind of an introduction or transfer to my next project - Urban Multi Rail-type Network Terminuses.

You can down frome here the Heretic GLR Station and Terminus Pack volume 2 - Custome Made

And here are the finished versions of upcoming statsions. Volume 3 first.

Greenbelt Downtown

Mitaki Downtown

Mid-City Downtown

WestEnd Cross

Tonkso Europa Cross

WestEnd City Center

Glendale-on-Valleymede GLR Interchange

And here are the station from the 4th volume.

These are four small medium wealth stations, similiar the ones from the second volume.

Piazza Fontana Sukamoto

(this one is a special station. It provides direct connection between GLR and Subway, also one of GLR ramp is actually acting as a FLUP portal, so you can connect that end to your FLUP network or Underground TRAM network.)

Kitsune Arts Place

South Mitaki

Great Sicily

(this one is still wip, there is one missing thing from it, which is under construction)

The bonus station Strictland L1 ERRW Terminal HUB

Stay tunned!

- Tyberius

omgitskosc

Really liking how you integrate city blocks directly into the station. Also that is definitely the first use of those curved parking textures outside of parks that I see!  :thumbsup: