• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

My nostalgic Windows Vista desktop is driving me batty . . .

Started by Pythias900KMB, September 17, 2018, 10:52:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pythias900KMB

Many salutations, everybody!  I hope that you are all doing fantastic.  As is suggested by the thread title, my Windows Vista desktop has thrown me a couple of curveballs today that I am not sure I can resolve.  I have a city (Azurite Auklet) in which I am hoping to grow a healthy Hi-Tech Industry district; unfortunately, an adjacent city (Topaz Turkey) is soaking up a lot of the necessary demand.  I have prepared myself for the possibility that I may have to obliterate Topaz Turkey so that Azurite Auklet can grow; still, I have the BSC financier mods that I have not yet installed.  If I do that, I can have Azurite Auklet donate money to Topaz Turkey to prosecute the necessary renovation to its highway system and RCI districts.

The only reason that I have not already done this is because I am having a hard time recalling the password necessary to access the administrative mode on my desktop and because my desktop has got in its head the idea that 7 Zip is to be used with all of my *.lnk files and *.exe files; unless and until I can fix these two problems, I cannot play SimCity 4 Deluxe anymore -- much less install the Colossus Add-on Mod -- on my desktop.  If I can access the administrative mode on my desktop, I know I can turn this around in a jiffy.

mgb204

There are a few potential methods of recovery of this password, the easiest being with a Recovery Disk if you made one.