• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Seasonal flora on a lot

Started by Ralfger, June 01, 2018, 05:07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralfger

I have a question - perhaps stupid, but: I place seasonal flora like trees from girafe ore people on my lot in LE but they donĀ“t show up in the game even after a few games years. Do I forget anything? Thanks for any help!

Girafe

Hi,
When you go to LOT editor, it's preferable to use the props and not flora.
For my flora, you will find 3 different timed props for 1 model (for the 3 seasons, summer = spring).
You have to put the 4 timed props on top of each over so they overlap.
It should work with that way
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Ralfger

Thank you very much for your quick reply!

Themistokles

Quote from: Girafe on June 01, 2018, 06:19:21 AM
Hi,
When you go to LOT editor, it's preferable to use the props and not flora.
For my flora, you will find 4 different timed props for 1 model (for the 4 seasons).
You have to put the 4 timed props on top of each over so they overlap.
It should work with that way

I use flora on lots sometimes, to keep overall prop count for the tile low. However, the problem is that flora that are overlapping props or buildings get automatically removed. Girafe fortunately made the footprint of the flora very small, which is good also when plopping them in-game, which means that they can rather easily be squeezed in between props, but one has to make sure they do not overlap on any point.
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

noahclem

I hope I'm neither incorrect nor repeating something too well-known for relevance, but another key reason best lotting practice is to use props rather than flora is that using flora on lots means they should be placed (or worse, grown) at the same time of year seasonal flora should be placed, causing seasonal flora to be out of sync.