• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

There is a particular rail viaduct I want to construct . . .

Started by Pythias900KMB, May 28, 2018, 01:09:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pythias900KMB

Many salutations, everybody!  I have drawn a diagonal ground HSR line in a 15 meter trench and would like to run a diagonal rail viaduct using the draggable Real Railway; unfortunately, nothing further has happened after I placed the L2 On-Slopes.  What am I missing!?!

woodb3kmaster

IIRC, you'll need to use the rail tool and click the HSR tiles where the overpass should be before it appears. That said, I don't know if the current build of the RRW supports diagonal L2 over diagonal GHSR; @eggman121 is probably the most likely team member to know.

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

Pythias900KMB

Quote from: Pythias900KMB on May 28, 2018, 01:09:03 AM
Many salutations, everybody!  I have drawn a diagonal ground HSR line in a 15 meter trench and would like to run a diagonal rail viaduct using the draggable Real Railway; unfortunately, nothing further has happened after I placed the L2 On-Slopes.  What am I missing!?!

This is the crossing troubling me . . .

Andreas

The active NAM team members surely can tell better, but I'd assume such a diagonal x diagonal setup simply isn't supported (yet).
Andreas

eggman121

The GHSR Tab loop Has an Orthogonal X Orthogonal Crossing Piece.

Diagonal X Diagonals are a bit incomplete at the moment since the main aim with ERRW Version 1 was to make the ERRW mimic the Rail Viaducts by only crossing Maxis Networks and the RRW.

ERRW also has functionality for Orthogonal X Orthogonal situations only. But I cant remember if I put code in for the pieces to function so I would use the Puzzle Piece in the GHSR tab loop.

-eggman121

Pythias900KMB

Quote from: eggman121 on May 28, 2018, 10:50:29 AM
The GHSR Tab loop Has an Orthogonal X Orthogonal Crossing Piece.

Diagonal X Diagonals are a bit incomplete at the moment since the main aim with ERRW Version 1 was to make the ERRW mimic the Rail Viaducts by only crossing Maxis Networks and the RRW.

ERRW also has functionality for Orthogonal X Orthogonal situations only. But I cant remember if I put code in for the pieces to function so I would use the Puzzle Piece in the GHSR tab loop.

-eggman121

That is very insightful; still, it does not solve the problem.  What the quack am I supposed to do in order to finish that rail viaduct!?!?

Seaman

Quote from: Pythias900KMB on May 29, 2018, 10:18:41 AM
That is very insightful; still, it does not solve the problem.  What the quack am I supposed to do in order to finish that rail viaduct!?!?

When I find myself in this kind of a situation, I usually have two approaches:
A) when I know that somebody on the NAM team is already working on a solution AND a workaround would be super uncomfortable AND the current project is not important so I can build something else in another region, then I wait. Keep in mind, that it might take years to get from the drawing board of the team to the actual game. In some cases, it is also likely, that the project is scrapped and will not be finished at all. Here on SC4D, you can find some remnants of very cool projects that would have helped me in some situations but got abandoned due to reasons.

B) find a workaround. In general, I find that workarounds for NAM usually take (sometimes significantly) more space. In your actual situation, the simplest thing might be to use the orthogonal crossing by relocating the HSR line. Here's a scetch of what I'm talking about:

Pythias900KMB

. . .

Looks like I will have to do some re-alignment once I get my desktop monitor repaired/replaced -- for which I do not have the funds.  I have been marooned high and dry with having depleted all of my groceries along with the Food Stamps to buy more of them.