• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Reddonquixote's International BAT Thread

Started by reddonquixote, August 16, 2015, 02:31:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unconstantean

Outstanding work as usual Even without textures your models look amazing. I do have one question regarding the Met Life Building. I f you plan to do it will you use the Met Life sign or will you go to the original Pan Am logo?

PaPa-J

Outstanding modeling, great attention to detail.  Love your work.
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

mattb325

Love it.  &dance

Especially the statues, you are really good at these (mine always end up looking like tin-can models...just as well I can texture over it, but yours don't need it)  ;)

brick_mortimer

Wow, outstanding details on the model  :thumbsup:
Looking forward to the finished work!
Busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest
Me no coffee function without so good

reddonquixote

Hmmm.. been a busy lately haven't had much time for BATing. Here's a couple of new ones and one in progress...

This is a bit of a surprise (at least to me) I always thought this was just a concrete bunker with a fan on top but actually up close is a little Art Deco gem, the Brooklyn Tunnel Exhaust buillding:

Castle Clinton.. meh...

And another little cutie, once finished, Pier A:

Thanks for the nice comments everyone  ;D.

Unconstantean - no, Met Life is Mid town, I'm only doing south of Brooklyn Bridge. Maybe once I get done with that...  $%Grinno$%
Matt - I think you've proved with your last BAT you're as amazing at statues as everything else you do  :thumbsup:

Edit: Just replaced all the images sorry, I didn't notice the previous set were all in shadow and facing the wrong way.
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

Kitsune

Tunnel fans in general are something that is lacking in simcity ... it will be a popular item for sure.
~ NAM Team Member

mattb325

The tunnel building is looking great so far...and the pier looks like it will be a real gem  :thumbsup:

sten1700

Wow, these models look amazing. Anyway you can convert these models for Cities Skylines? I neeeed those in my city lol.

PaPa-J

These look fabulous! Where do you upload your work to? Would love to have some of them but I can't find them on the LEX or the STEX.
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

Tyberius06

Hi!

I'm more or less speachless seeing all your awesome work. I have two questions?
1. Do you still plan to release more Australian/Melbourne buildings?
2. What was your 40th BAT upload? Was that the HD prop pack, because the description doesn't mention the number, and I can't find the number 40 upload.
Oaks on Collins, Melbourne, Australia is the 39th and Edificio Ilha De Bali is the 41st (between these two you only released the HD prop pack). It's just out of curiousity, because I had to redownload all your contents since I lost most of them last summer in a flashdrive crash...

Anyway thanks in advance...

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

reddonquixote

Thanks everyone. Sorry, long time between updates... nothing to show sorry just replying to the messages -

Sten - Thanks, not really sure what is required for Skylines though. Maybe one day when I get all these models finished and textured  :shocked2:

PaPa-J - Thankyou. I have uploads on both STEX and LEX, but none of these southern Manhattan BATs have been finished or uploaded yet.

Tyberius - Thankyou. 1) Actually I'm working on a Melbourne BAT right now  ;) 2) Yes I believe the HD Prop Pack was the 40th.

Hopefully I'll get some more time to BAT and post a proper update next time  :)
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

fantozzi

Quote from the linked clip: "Now we have to put our fate in 400 years old architecture"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m71G-PjdIpQ

And NO, this in no way an unofficial replacement or a fake substitute for the long awaited update by the original creator but instead just a sad and silly "I miss you post."

TheOlympics

Hudge fan of recreating NYC and I am impressed with your work, just curious are you considering doings bats for Flushing Meadows-Corona park in particular the huge flying saucer towers?

mrbisonm

Wow man, love the Trinity!  :o :thumbsup:

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

reddonquixote

Oh my goodness, 2019 already.. what happened to 2018  ()what(). It seemed to disappear in a blink of an eye.

Well, since my last post, so long ago, I've been OS and had a Singapore Sling on the Singapore Flyer, and so to celebrate the New Year, I present the Singapore Flyer BAT. Hope you like it  :thumbsup:

Singapore Flyer:

Nb - I haven't scaled up yet, so looking a bit squashed.

I also happened to stay at a rather iconic hotel with a very famous rooftop pool, maybe look for that one soon  ;) (Not that I've forgotten my existing projects, still bubbling away in the background, very slowly  :) )

Thanks for previous nice comments too  :thumbsup:

No TheOlymipcs, sorry only doing south of Brooklyn Bridge.

belfastsocrates

Quote from: reddonquixote on January 16, 2019, 06:20:54 AM
I also happened to stay at a rather iconic hotel with a very famous rooftop pool, maybe look for that one soon  ;)

MBS would be rather exciting to see! Been waiting to see who would take that on! :D
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

Seaman

That wheel is magnificent. I really like how it's not just the wheel itself, but it has the building as a foundation. That makes it so much more interesting.  :thumbsup:

mattb325

Happy 2019! The Singapore flyer looks brilliant  :thumbsup: and the MBS would be a perfect bat for you <hint><hint>  :D

pressus

The wheel is very interesting  :thumbsup:
but the rest of the building does not fit, sorry - too artificial and plastic for me ...
Sorry guys, I'll be here next week, so good luck!

reddonquixote

Yeah.. I think you just summed up my entire experience of Singapore in two words... "artificial" and "plastic"  :D

I think you have a point though, I'll desaturate some of the colours and maybe add a bit of weathering to the traffic areas.

Thanks for comments and likes so far  :thumbsup: