• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RealRailway (RRW) - Development and Support

Started by Swordmaster, June 14, 2013, 08:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brick_mortimer

Busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest
Me no coffee function without so good

tigerbuilder

mattb325

eggman121

Thanks again for all the comments and likes;)

I think I have been going over a beyond...

Not as big as this Bad boy but I like the result anyhow.

This network will only be able to cross the RRW for now. Too much is involved in making a fully fleshed network for Elevated STR. This will allow the basis for future functionality and eventual E STR enhancements.

Thanks for all the comments and support thus far  $%Grinno$%

A great big thankyou to Vester for his work on the E STR Models ;)

-eggman121

AsimPika3172

I loves Sim City forever!

Seaman

ahh... eggman. Now you're talking!  &apls

By the way. I just wondered, wether there is a simple spreadsheet or something like it, where you can see which network crossings are supported, and which are not. Playing with the ERRW, I frequently run into situations, which appareantly aren't covered (like diag ERRW x ortho RHW), but sometimes also find out about supported setups by chance.

Gugu3

Tarkus

Quote from: Seaman on June 10, 2018, 11:53:29 PM
By the way. I just wondered, wether there is a simple spreadsheet or something like it, where you can see which network crossings are supported, and which are not. Playing with the ERRW, I frequently run into situations, which appareantly aren't covered (like diag ERRW x ortho RHW), but sometimes also find out about supported setups by chance.

The new documentation does include sections in some of the feature guides called "Network Capabilities" or "Network and FLEX Piece Capabilities", which are a form of what you've described, complete with color coding.  The RRW feature guide doesn't have a section like this, but the RHW, NWM, SAM, and (believe it or not) HSRP guides do.

In the case of the RHW, as noted on the Network Capabilities table, the support for viaduct crossings is limited to OxO only as of NAM 36.

-Alex

-Alex

eggman121

Thanks for the reply's so far everyone.  :thumbsup:

Now...

Quote from: Seaman on June 10, 2018, 11:53:29 PM
ahh... eggman. Now you're talking!  &apls

Thanks for the nice comment and question.

I think a table of crossing that are available should be made..  %%Order?/

I think that will be tomorrows work  ;)

In general this is the sequence...

L1 ERRW Ortho x Ortho only apart from Diagonal x Diagonal RRW crossings

L2 ERRW Ortho x Ortho for all networks (Maxis, RHW, NWM and FTLs)... Ortho x Diagonal, Diagonal x Orthogonal and Diagonal X Diagonal are exclusive to the Maxis Networks only! I did this to emulate the viaduct pieces that existed in the Rail Viaduct system.

I will make a table and hopefully get it added into the Documentation in the short term.

Hopefully the information above is of use.

Edit: Thanks Tarkus :)

-eggman121

dyoungyn

Wow, this is getting to be more and more like RHW, only with rail.  Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seaman

Thank you Tarkus and eggman for the quick response.

In fact, I had the tables of the RHW documentation in mind when I thought about the RRW. Now, looking at them again (although being a fan of pdfs, I can't argue with the usefulness of a (online-)HTML documentation!) they are way more detailed, then I remember. On the other hand, they might be much slimmer for RRW since you basically have only two different networks for each level (single track/dual track) and no flexfly capabilities (yet?  ;)).

Anyway, thanks for the clarification, eggman!

Krasner

This is absolutely great  $%Grinno$% &apls It's just like this kind of nightmarish whirring pile of iron spaghetti (near where I spent most of my teens : https://www.google.com/maps/@45.7389812,4.848816,375m/data=!3m1!1e3) are no more as much illusory as they used to be in game  :satisfied:
ANARCHIST !!

Tyberius06

Well-well, more RRW fun. Now with more STR support...  &apls &apls &apls &apls
My heart is not that strong Stephen! :)

Thanks for your work! :)

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Simmer2

Stephen, you raised the bar so far up that I now need one of my freshly released telescopes to see it.... &apls

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

brick_mortimer

Holy moly, that looks awesome!  &apls
Iron spaghetti indeed  :D
Busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest
Me no coffee function without so good

eggman121

Thanks everyone for the further comments and Likes  :thumbsup:

@Seaman Remember your Post.. Especially this Link?

Well...

;D

Regarding the documentation about the ERRW crossings.

I have made a HTML sheet with all the available crossings thus far that are available (NAM 36).

Once we have reviewed it and edited it up to standard it will go in the NAM Doc section.

Thanks again...

-eggman121

Seaman

Quote from: eggman121 on June 11, 2018, 09:50:03 PM
@Seaman Remember your Post.. Especially this Link?

eggman, I consider this "misson accomplished"! Just look at it... so smooth :o

fantozzi

So beautiful, such elegant verve, such lordly smoothness ...

man, you paint railway tracks like Amedeo Modigliani used to paint female bodies.

Akallan

These curves so sweet ... And this f****** viaduct one way, it's amazing! &hlp
Sorry.
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

matias93

Every part of this is SO beautiful!!!  :crytissue:

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895