• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Eden: The New Frontier

Started by Terring7, December 13, 2010, 11:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ricardomiranda

Great update, this Eden increasingly ET!

supremec

very original, I like very much  :thumbsup:
Click on the banner to see my BATs

io_bg

Congrats on the OSITM! And these are some nice region overviews! :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

bat

Great new update!
And nice work on the lots!! :thumbsup:

noahclem

Nice worl again! I love the biodomes and region views

Terring7

Wisdom teeth sucks! Useless teeth that brings plenty of annoying pain :bomb:

(sorry for that :D :D)

Tomas Neto: Thanks :)

ricardomiranda: Glad to see that you like it :)

supremec: Thanks :)

io_bg: Thank you &blush

bat: Thanks :)

noahclem: Glad to see that you like them :)

Update 26: Born to be wild

"Get your motor running, head out on the highway
Looking for adventure and whatever comes our way."
Steppenwolf

SimMartians use a lot the railroads, but some speedways can be useful as well. This picture shows all the mayor colonies of Eden: The new frontier, plus the new speedway network.

And here we can see the map of the colonies. The cyan dots shows the places where the next pictures takes place.

Before the trip, let me warm you for something. There are no one ways, avenues, N.A.M. parts and R.H.W. for SimMars. Because of this, my intersections will be terrible and unrealistic. Because of those limitations, don't complain!! Ideas are welcomed, complains not.

The trip will begin in Hope-1, the most historical city on Mars.

Let's go south, into Faith-3. Here we can see some cars running on the speedway.

Yes I know, train overpasses are not such a good idea. If you have a better idea, let me know :)

We just enter Faith-3. This colony has plenty of factories, so freight drivers become very happy with the speedway.

Time for some technical informations about the Martian speedways. Artificial intelligence allows the creation of anti-collision radars on cars and makes the car to drive itself. Thanks to those techniques, the drivers can seat back and enjoy the view, without worrying about car accidents. The speedways are also mostly elevated, allowing the free migration of the Martian bears.

Here is a typical intersection. The above technologies, as well as the advance flexibility of the cars, allow the creation of smaller but safer intersections.

Keep going south and you'll end up in Faith-3 itself.

Let's go to the east.

This speedway has plenty of intersections, even for the less used roads. This allows more usage of the speedway and better flexibility in commuting.

See?

Here are the factories of Faith-3.

Let's get out of here.

We are now in Love-4.

An another intersection. Choose a way.

Select the northern way and you'll visit Love-4.

Let's go to the east. This road leads to the airport, so an intersection can be very useful.

And an another intersection for the airport.

Let's get out of here again.

Welcome to Fun-5

You have a weapon of choice, so use it. East or south?

Select east and you'll be in Fun-5.

Select south and you'll have a nice view of the spaceport.

And this is the winner of "What The Heck Is That?" award for the most useless construction in Simcity 4 community :D :D :D

Let's go into an another colony.

We are now in Respect-8.

This is the only intersection in Respect-8 for now, but it's still useful.

Up to the next colony.

Welcome to Evolution-7.

At last, a really cool intersection! Now choose east, north or west.

Select east or north and you'll be in Evolution-7.

Select west to go into an another colony.

Welcome to Life-6

This roads leads into some farms. An intersection could be useful here.

This small road leads to the nuclear plants of Life-6. For now. In the next update, we'll fix it.

An another mayor intersection. South or west?

If you want to visit Life-6, go south.

If you want to keep riding, go west.

Logic-2, here we are.

Less tools? More creativity ;D

The spaceport of Logic-2 is the largest and most important on Mars, so don't surprise with so many intersections.

This is a bad road. It takes bad rates on school, so no intersection :D

An another one crazy intersection.

The owes of those farms are very happy with this intersection.

Let's get out of Logic-2.

Welcome back to Hope-1. Here in an another farming intersection.

Our trip ends here. You can still keep riding and explore the speedway again.

And this is only the beginning. The speedway will expand even more in the next updates. Hope that you like it :)

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

bat

Nice work with the highway!
And also great overviews!! :thumbsup:

ricardomiranda

Estrada bem legal Terring, bom trabalho novamente !

Tomas Neto

Another fantastic update!!! Awesome!!!   &apls

rooker1

Lots of pics, very nice.  Great work!

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Terring7

Nano teaser...

Replies and more pictures are coming soon...

The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

ricardomiranda

Tomas Neto

sumwonyuno

I really like the picture with the space shuttle liftoff!  I've never actually been able to witness it on my game.   &sly

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

bat

Two great teasers there!
Looking forward to more...

Terring7

From this update you will see extra creations from the SimMars Team that doesn't released yet, made by Timcravey, Evillions, Renedius and Andisart. Those extra creations will be released from SimMars Team, so be patient :)

By the way, Eden: The New Frontier in now 6 months old, so I decide to make a simple video...

bat: Thanks :)

ricardomiranda: Muito obrigado meu amigo :) (translation made by Google ;D)

Tomas Neto: Thank you my friend :)

rooker1: Glad to see that you like them Robin :)

ricardomiranda: Thanks :)

Tomas Neto: Thank you :)

sumwonyuno: Welcome to Mars &dance . To see the space shuttles you'll need to unlock the space centre. To unlock it you need to have more than 25.000 high tech factories, the Advanced Research Centre, and difficulty Level = Medium or High. If you have low difficulty or you want to unlock it sooner, play the missions "Train Ride for Rocket Formula" with the steam train and "Super Seat Belt Fabric for Space Ships!" with the freight train.

bat: Glad to see that you like it :) . Something tells me that you may like this update ;)

Update 27: Back to the beginning

"The wisest men follow their own direction"
Euripides

Welcome to 2064 A.D. (95 A.T.). It's a historical year, with the beginning of the first truly interplanetary mission. 2 spacecrafts from 2 different planets will join together for the exploration of a new world. The mission called "Space Odyssey" and it's all about the exploration of Saturn by a Terran and a Martian ship.

This is the spacecraft Spirit of Earth, a nuclear spacecraft made by SimTerrans and SimLunars, just before leaving the Lunar orbit.

Spirit of Mars, an also nuclear ship, just before leaving the Martian orbit.

2 different spacecrafts from 2 different world and philosophies. SimTerrans are mostly democratics and religious, while SimMartians are mostly anarchists and atheists. But both knows that they are brothers and sisters, with the same ancestors and the same need of a better tomorrow. Spirit of Earth and Spirit of Mars will join together in orbit around Venus...

... and then they'll set their destination to planet Saturn, in 2069 A.D. (100 A.T.).

At the same time, the mayor colonies of Mars are going to improved. Let's make the beginning with Hope-1, the most historical colony on Mars. This is were all becomes...

Many people believed that Mars is nothing more that a dead piece of dust. No life, no water, no reason to colonise it. Let's sit here on Earth eternally and doing nothing interesting...

But a small scientific base evolved into the first extraterrestrial city, Hope-1. Thanks to this city, Mars evolved into the second cradle of the mind.

Most of the improvements I made in Hope-1 are out of the main colony. I made the terrain more realistic, without too much or too few stones and rocks. I also add plenty of buildings made by great B.A.T.ers, like Somy and SimMars team.

Here we can see the nuclear power plants of Hope-1. I had plenty of small power plants, so I think it's better to just have those 2 big boys. I also made them more realistic, by placing them out of the colony and adding some extra stuff, like a parking garage and some walls.

This is the hydrological facility of Hope-1. I think it's better to bring together all the water-relative facilities. What do you think?

Everybody makes garbage and nobody want them next door. Surreal, isn't? Even more surrealistic is having the recycle centre here and the incinerator 10 miles there! So I made this...

I also change the position of the meteorological laboratory. I think that out of the colony will be more effective.

I never liked having the cemeteries inside of the colony, so...

This is the Communication Laboratory, that makes research in new technologies to improve even more all kind of communications.

Something brand new, the university of Hope-1. Mostly underground, the university use advanced quantum computers to create realistic holograms and simulators. Now it's possible to live the history of humanity and see the anatomy of a dolphin from the inside!

Close to the university we'll find the Sentinel, a large sculpture made by the SimMartians. The Sentinel was inspired by Arthur Clarke's novel "The Sentinel" and it's a tribute to him. We need more people like Clarke, brilliant minds full of optimism and scientific kindness, especially in the dark times of 2011...

I also expand a bit the Interplanetary Spaceport of Hope-1, by using Somy's spaceport stuff.

Some Sims build their homes out of the colony and create mini communities.

Speaking of mini communities...

2 Hummingbirds are flying around the colony. Those flying machines are ornithopters, aircrafts that flies by flapping their wings like a hummingbird. The Hummingbirds are also V.T.O.L. (Vertical Take Over and Land) and they can stay in the air like a truly hummingbird.

Let's visit the colony itself. I made the small airport a bit more realistic by expanding the runways.

This is the Temple of Righteousness of Hope-1. This is where SimMartians join together and research about the philosophy of Good and Evil. They are also studying older ideologies, like Communism and Paganism, to improve both body and mind. Hope-1 Temple is studying the philosophy of Buddhism, while other colonies are examining another ideas.

Sims are not too fool to walking around the rail roads, but some extra protection can be very useful as well...

I also made the open spaces a bit more realistic.

This statue of a pregnant woman is the Venus of Mars. By this statue, SimMartians recognises the importance of the women and their fights to earn their right as well.

Space stations are orbiting around Mars. Some of them studies the red planet, other makes experiments and others are opening the road to the new frontier...

New improvements for the next colonies are coming soon. Please stay tuned and feel free to leave a comment. Any idea is welcomed :)

The Choice is Ours
---

noahclem

Wow, I've missed a lot! Great work Elias.  &apls

I like all the night shots, solar system maps, regional shots, pictures, and storyline. Also, your transportation network seems very nice (of course I usually prefer more NAM stuff but as you said it mostly doesn't exist for SimMars). Keep up the great work!  :thumbsup:

bat

Great new pictures of Hope-1!!
Looking forward to more nice images... ;)

sc-4

It's a nice martian MD you've got here Terring !

Call me Ludo

Tomas Neto

Wow... awesome work!!!   :thumbsup: