• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

True Earth

Started by korver, May 04, 2016, 08:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feyss

I really like the second picture. The terrain mod is well chosen   :thumbsup:

Other pictures are great too of course  ;)

Nanami

Ah LA... one of the entertainment capital of the world..

You probably done a very great job on remaking LA (consider my previous attempt to create it in 2015 which is rather failed). As one of the scene, the Hollywood Hills, its really awesome how the default maxis mansion can be turned into a multi billion dollars mansion realistically there. The traffic obviously create the real atmosphere of the city etc..

Ralfger

Just amazing!  &hlp
The LA beach is incredible - do you use a terrain mod or how did you achieve that look??? :o

citybuilder234

Where is the Wilshire Grand Tower??

Akallan

Well, I'm not disappointed! A wonderful update, I love the capitol and the last image of night. Very nice job! The small residential areas are very beautiful too ... In fact, to put it simply, everything is beautiful! :thumbsup:

Quote from: citybuilder234 on November 27, 2017, 04:22:29 PM
Where is the Wilshire Grand Tower??
The building you are quoting has finished its construction in 2017, so it is normal not to find it in the LEX or STEX, maybe a day will come! ;)
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

Simmer2

That last tower, looks like the one that got busted up by the alien ship in the old Independence Day movie!

Excellent composition  &apls

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

kelis

I love downtown !! Never been there but it must be a fantastic city and definitely you nailed  &apls &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

korver

Thanks for all the comments everyone. Much appreciated :)

feyss - Glad you enjoyed it :thumbsup: I've been asked about that terrain mod before - if you or anyone else is interested in it, I posted a DL link here.

Nanami - Thanks! I figured this would be my one and only chance to use those Maxis Mansions (which are surprisingly decent, especially with KOSC's lovely lotting), so I wanted to put them to good use ;)

Ralfger - Thank you very much! I believe I used the Sahara Terrain Mod to achieve that look on the beach.

citybuilder234 - Unfortunately, it hasn't been released yet as Akallan mentioned ;)

Akallan - Thank you for the kind words Akallan! :)

Simmer2 - Although it's been about 15 years since I last saw it, I still remember that epic scene ;D Thanks for the comment :)

kelis - Thank you very much kelis, glad you liked it :thumbsup:

Tyberius06

Well, probably (and as I see others don't have this problem) you bombed us a lot of nice pictures with the recent updates, but I can't see any of them, because somehow the google chrome don't want to load in the imgur pictures. Neither here on SC4D or over there at simptropolis. The other page at least I can see the links, but than I got an error message that I was redirected to an unsafe page, if I do wish to continoue, and after that I get an other error page, which says that the imgur can't load in and something about an infinit redirecting loop...
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

korver

Hmmm.. that's odd, I'm not sure what would cause that &mmm

Are you able to view dropbox image links fine? (I believe about all the pictures I posted in this MD from 2016 are still dropbox links) If so, I could upload some of the pics from the recent updates to dropbox instead and update the links so you could see them.

Tyberius06

I would be more than happy! Yes, dropbox is fine I have account for google drive, dropbox and onedrive too... :)

Anyway i chacked with opera browser as well, and the same results. I don't know why it is happening. The same applies Haljackey's pictures too, but after I got the second error page and refresh the Simptropolis page his pictures show up correctly (just on the simptro page, because if I want those pictures open to an other window in which case the browser was open the picture in imgur, I got the error page again.), but yours do not, and that's really odd... :(

Thanks in advance your effort!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.

korver

- UPDATE 59: Toronto -

Toronto is the capital of Ontario - and with nearly 6 million people living in its metropolitan area, its the largest city in Canada as well. The city is a global center of banking, communications, and business - and its location makes it a vital transportation hub in the region. The city boats one of the best skylines in all of North America - with its downtown filled with an array of stunning buildings.

Our first stop is Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport. Located on a small island in Lake Ontario, this waterfront airport was first opened back in 1939 as the city's first commercial airport and and has remained one of Canada's busiest airports ever since.

Located on the shores of Lake Ontario, the Port of Toronto has been connecting Toronto to the rest of the globe for nearly a century. Its convenient location - close by to railways, highways, and other shipping routes - has made it one of Canada's most important inland ports.

The downtown is filled with towering skyscrapers - such as the 951 foot tall First Canadian Place on the left.

One of the rare big snowfalls in the city.

A few of the city's recently completed skyscrapers: the 715 foot tall Bay Adelaide Centre West and 688 foot tall Ritz-Carlton Toronto.

The 688 foot tall Ritz-Carlton Toronto was completed in 2011 and is one of the city's most luxurious hotels.

Our last destination will be the city's most iconic landmark...

No trip to Toronto is complete without a trip to the famed CN Tower. First opening back in 1976, this 1,815 foot tall tower was the world's tallest freestanding tower upon completion. Be sure to visit the 360 degree rotating restaurant and the viewdeck at the top - on a clear day you can barely make out the skyline of Niagara Falls some 40 miles away.

-korver

---

Replies

Tyberius06: I went ahead and swapped out the pictures in both the LA and Hong Kong updates - let me know if that helped :)

Tyberius06

Thank you very much Korver!
Now I can see the pictures (Hong Kong, Los Angeles and Toronto). All of them is very beautiful. Toronto is an other place on my list to visit! :)
I can see a few funny solutions, which I've never thought about. On the One of the rare big snowfalls in the city. picture, the left upper corner there are multiple buildings put together, do you remember what is the white roof building on the upper side of the diagonal road above/next to the triangle shape building? White roof, circle shape enteriour... It's kind of familiar, but I'm not sure about it.

Thanks in advance! :)

- Tyberius

feyss

Cities full of skyscrapers has always been the thing I like the least in MDs, but here everything seems to be at the perfect place. With LA and now Toronto, you managed it perfectly.

Thanks for the link btw  ;)

Kitsune

Quote from: feyss on November 30, 2017, 09:10:12 AM
Cities full of skyscrapers has always been the thing I like the least in MDs, but here everything seems to be at the perfect place. With LA and now Toronto, you managed it perfectly.

Thanks for the link btw  ;)

I've heard a lot people say Toronto is the most sim city city out there  :D
~ NAM Team Member

korver

Appreciate the nice comments! :)

Tyberius06 - Thanks for the comment! Glad to hear that you can see the pictures now :thumbsup: The building in question is Reddonquixote's Melbourne Aqauarium. In order to use it, you'll need his HD Prop pack (I used the MN one I think for that specific file - and you'll only need the Aquarium files from it if that's all your using). I pretty much just shrunk down the occupancy size of the Aquarium down to 1,1,1 and put it on a 1x1 lot so I could plop it anywhere, including right up next to diagonal street corners. I went ahead and uploaded the lot and desc files for it though in any case to my dropbox (just make sure it loads it after the original files).

feyss - Thank you very much for the nice words! :)

Kitsune - I can certainly see why :D Thanks for stopping by.

korver

- New Zealand (Preview) -

For my next update, we'll be taking a look at one of the world's most beautiful countries: New Zealand. With majestic mountain ranges, geysers, glaciers, fjords, and waterfalls dotting the landscape - along with some of the of the world's most beautiful cities - any trip here is truly unforgettable. The full update is going to be a bit larger than usual and I'm still putting the finishing touches on it, so enjoy a couple preview updates in the meantime :)

We'll start off in the countryside on the South Island - with the sheep population outnumbering people 7 to 1 - expect to see plenty of them for as far as the eye can see!

One of the country's most stunning natural wonders - Sutherland Falls, located in Fiordland National Park on the South Island.

-korver

Seaman

vortext

The water reflection in the lake is just beautifully done.  &apls

Quote from: Seaman on December 02, 2017, 02:16:50 AM
that's sheep!  :thumbsup:

and two cows!  :D
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

reddonquixote

Can't keep up  :D

New Zealand is exciting, can't wait to see more. LA and Toronto very good  :thumbsup:
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.