• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4TerraFormer????

Started by battietony21, March 24, 2010, 08:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

battietony21

Okay, Im having the absolute hardest time trying to get terraform to work. Ive done everything it says and I just can not for the life of me to get it to work...anybody want to help me out?

dobdriver

What's your problem? and don't reply it don't work, that don't help getting you going.

What OS are you using?
32 or 64 bit?
All you will really need to add into xp is msvcp71.dll and gdiplus.dll, these go into c:\windows\system32\ and the lastest version of directx9.0c.
you can easily find these with google and dx on microsoft.

Cheers
dobdriver

joelyboy911

You may also need to know that Terraformer can't work on Windows Vista.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

dobdriver

Upon further investigation both mapper and terraformer will run on windows 7, 32bit. Only detrimental thing I have discovered so far is mapper for some reason will not open 16bit pngs over 68km x 68km, this is a bit of a problem as one cannot make makes up to 80km x 80km as I had previously. Good thing I still have eXtra Patience. It will open larger sc4m, I opened the 16bit Brisbane map at 74km x 80km.

Terraformer still cuts out at 68km x 68km so no real changes there. On a side note, I did manage to get a 68 x 72 map opened in terraformer last night in xp. Why? I don't know, even managed to use some tools although very jerky and a lot of lock ups, unlike at 68 x 68 which is very smooth and no lock ups. (Remember this is no slouch machine either it has an i7 950 chip). But when I came to export it, it was good night Irene I've crashed.

Hope this helps you
dobdriver

battietony21

Okay, I have Windows Vista, so that would explain why it wouldnt work. Is there any other mappers that I could use?

dobdriver

I think you will find it will run in vista. You will still need the two dlls' and dx 9 installed, plus you will have to move 'My Documents' from the Users Directory. Perhaps tell it to go to the root of c:\

battietony21

Alright, thank you so much!!!!!!!

ScottFTL

Quote from: joelyboy911 on March 24, 2010, 09:24:04 PM

I know some people have been unable to get SC4T working with Vista, but I have had success with 32-bit Vista and 64-bit Windows 7.  In both cases, I had to download and install the latest version of DirectX 9 and the required DLLs.

Vandy

Quote from: joelyboy911 on March 24, 2010, 09:24:04 PM

Hello, joelyboy911 and All.

Actually, I've been successful in installing SC4Terraformer on both a Windows Vista 32 bit AND 64 bit machines.  I ensured I had all the necessary files installed and have had no problems running this great application.

(Thanks once again, wouanagaine, for what is undoubtably the BEST "add-on" utility tool for creating SC4 maps!)

Regards,

Gary (Vandy)

In the end you will see, you is you and me is me.  © May 29, 1980